The MCC Discussion Thread

Rithaniel
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rithaniel » 1 year ago

Reminder to all players that today is the last day for the round. If you would like to edit your card or haven't yet submitted, you have ~12 hours to do so.

@bravelion83, @MonoRedMage, @slimytrout, @void_nothing
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

Ink-Treader
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

Alright, January MCC Round 3 judgments are finished.

Rithaniel

Alright, my judgments are also finished. Barring any last minute changes, that gives us:
  • bravelion83 - 39.5
  • MonoRedMage - 39.5
  • slimytrout - 40.5
  • void_nothing - 42.5
In a surprising turn of events, Ink-Treader and my evaluations of bravelion's and MonoRedMage's cards balanced each other out, giving us a tie.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 1 year ago

Rithaniel wrote:
1 year ago
DEADLINES

Design deadline: Monday, January 30th 23:59 -- Eastern Standard Time

Judging deadline: Thursday, February 2nd 23:59 -- Eastern Standard Time
@Rithaniel These deadlines are those from Round 3, probably leftovers from a copy/paste. What are the actual deadlines?
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Rithaniel

bravelion83 wrote:
1 year ago
Rithaniel wrote:
1 year ago
DEADLINES

Design deadline: Monday, January 30th 23:59 -- Eastern Standard Time

Judging deadline: Thursday, February 2nd 23:59 -- Eastern Standard Time
@Rithaniel These deadlines are those from Round 3, probably leftovers from a copy/paste. What are the actual deadlines?
Fixed, thanks for the catch. Player deadline is the 9th.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
― Paul Erdős

― Stephen Jay Gould

Rithaniel

Courtesy ping for @slimytrout and @void_nothing. You have about 12 hours to make your submission for the January finals.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
― Paul Erdős

― Stephen Jay Gould

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

I didn't make the final -- think you meant to ping @MonoRedMage

Rithaniel

slimytrout wrote:
1 year ago
I didn't make the final -- think you meant to ping @MonoRedMage
Oh yep, my bad

(It's been a long week)
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
― Paul Erdős

― Stephen Jay Gould

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

My January Round 4 judgments are finished.

Rithaniel

Sorry for the delay in my Jan R4 judgments. I will probably need an extra day to get them done.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
― Paul Erdős

― Stephen Jay Gould

Rithaniel

My judgments for January are in and we have a winner! Congratulations to void_nothing for winning the month!
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
― Paul Erdős

― Stephen Jay Gould

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

I'm really blown away by this. As some of you may know this is my first MCC win, ever, between MTGSalvation and here.

I'm humbled and grateful for the win. Thanks, everyone.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

My February round 1 judgments, and round 2 being posted, will happen by this weekend.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I'm sorry about the delay in February MCC judgments - work got in the way of my time and I have had to concentrate on the daily contests before the monthly ones. Rest assured we'll be on to February's round 2 soon!

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
My February round 1 judgments, and round 2 being posted, will happen by this weekend.
Sorry to ask but any news on this? It's the following weekend now.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
Show
Hide
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Rithaniel

bravelion83 wrote:
1 year ago
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Sorry to ask but any news on this? It's the following weekend now.
Void got to this an hour before you posted.
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
I'm sorry about the delay in February MCC judgments - work got in the way of my time and I have had to concentrate on the daily contests before the monthly ones. Rest assured we'll be on to February's round 2 soon!
Would you care for any help on getting things sorted? Someone else can help post the DCC, for example, and my offer to be a judge for the MCC still stands.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
― Paul Erdős

― Stephen Jay Gould

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Rithaniel wrote:
1 year ago
Void got to this an hour before you posted.
I totally missed void's post, I'm sorry. I must have not reloaded the page to see it. If I had seen it I wouldn't have posted, I apologize again and thank you for making me notice.

If it's needed, I can be the one to take care of the DCC for a few days, I'm already one of the rotating hosts and I would have no problem doing that. Just let me know if you want me to do that.
Show
Hide

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

The judge signup thread for March is up. Round 1 will be posted on the 1st.

EDIT - Round 1 is now up.
Show
Hide

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Thanks everyone for your offers of help, but I think it'll be significantly easier from here on out. I apologize again for the continued delays but I can promise February round 1 judgments and the round 2 thread to be posted in the morning, Eastern time.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

We're finally able to move on to February round 2! Thanks so much to everyone for your patience.

Riria

Post by Riria » 1 year ago

void_nothing wrote: I like the name and the use of both Cleric and Wizard typing, but I don't really get a sense of the setting for this card.
It was supposed to mechanically represent a Razmiran Priest from pathfinder (they are an order of purely arcane casters serving a false god and doing various tricks to fake being divine casters. Which is why she is a cleric *wizard*, she uses nonwhite mana to patch together a white effect, and she emanates rather than channels. The specific focus on enchantments is there because one of the primary difference between arcane spells and divine spells in pathfinder is that arcane spell effects are not permanent, EXCEPT when you do Permanency tricks, which look like enchantments.). In hindsight, I was probably a bit too subtle with the name and mechanics, and could've, like, *called* it a Razmiran Priest =)).

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

@slimytrout Don't forget the Rebel typing in your March round 1 card!

slimytrout

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

Ooh, thanks! Completely missed that trying to fulfill all the other aspects...

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

While I'm at it @WhiteBorderStoneRain I think you missed the legendary type!

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

I haven't even realized slimytrout had missed a part of the challenge as I went to check the round thread today, it had already been fixed. I had no idea they missed that until I read about it here, so no problems about that. And yes, WhiteBorderStoneRain's card is missing the legendary supertype as of now and somehow this time I was the one who missed that, I had not realized that until now, so thanks to void_nothing for catching it.
Show
Hide

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”