Wombats and Potato Chips

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

The problem with the province that I live in is that they've had restrictions by region, with no way of stopping people that were in regions of full lockdown going into regions with loose restrictions. Which has its own set of problems

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

motleyslayer wrote:
3 years ago
The problem with the province that I live in is that they've had restrictions by region, with no way of stopping people that were in regions of full lockdown going into regions with loose restrictions. Which has its own set of problems
That is one heck of a problem. Over here the main problem is that the government has been unwilling to, or rather afraid to, go into full lockdown mode. I suspect it has to do with something that happened in the early years of the last century, when people first started organize themselves into unions, and the military was sent in to deal with a miner's strike that turned into a freaking bloodbath. On the plus side, it made unions legal here, on the negative side, the government has been to bloody afraid to do what needs to be done because they're afraid of the same thing happening again, even though the situation is usually completely different. This is also why they've been unwilling to actually pass the laws they need to pass to deal with the criminal gang problem we have over here. Gang members can literally kill an innocent civilian and get less than ten years for bloody murder. It's insane.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

RabidVacin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RabidVacin » 3 years ago

Every state in the US has it's own list of Covid restrictions. Most states require you to quarantine when traveling out of state.

Krishnath, is it true that Sweden has a large ratio of blonde women?
That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

RabidVacin wrote:
3 years ago
Every state in the US has it's own list of Covid restrictions. Most states require you to quarantine when traveling out of state.

Krishnath, is it true that Sweden has a large ratio of blonde women?
Only about 15-20% or so are naturally blonde. Brown hair is much more common. In the past a lot of women over here bleached their hair, but it started to fall out of favor around the turn of the millennium.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

I know most provinces in Canada require you to quarantine when travelling between them as well. I believe now there's a list of places where you have to choose from to stay in as well, which I heard made it quite expensive

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

the title of this thread "Wombat", reminds me that bats still live in my area. Plenty of trees in our village, I assume it's the fruits that the bats eat. You can sometimes see them flying in pairs during the night. Sort of amazed whenever I see them. Beauty of nature. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

I basically lived at the bottom of a glorified forested hill near the downtown core of my town. I know a few years ago, there were a few coyotes that were living near the bottom. You could hear them and local dogs were not happy

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 1 year ago

You know, with Dominaria United around the corner, they really should print a new Wombat in the set. The rabid one died a long time ago.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 1 year ago

Krishnath wrote:
1 year ago
The rabid one died a long time ago
Nah, he didn't die. The simic just made him evolve. He now calls himself @RabidVacin :P
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

yeah, he's still going strong. hehe
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 1 year ago

well, football started again so no more getting out on Sunday anymore

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

I have never been able to get into sports. I understand it sociological function and which part of human nature it appeals to (team sports can be boiled down to tribal warfare but with considerably less bloodshed). But it simply does not appeal to me. It's probably due to me being asocial (as in, I have no need for social interaction).

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

The only reason I like sports is that I really grew up in a family where sports are a big thing. My dad is a huge football fan and played in college so for me it was a way that I could spend time with my dad growing up given then he worked 50 hrs a week so normally he was pretty wiped when he would come home.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

my sports is badminton, and it's really fun when I was in high school.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

So I've been catching up on She-Hulk episodes, and I must say, I really like Madisynn. She's amazing.
She-Hulk Episode #4
Show
Hide
Not only did Madisynn survive three days in a literal fire and brimstone hell while drunk out of her gourd. She also managed to finagle a return trip to Earth (ending up in Kamar-Taj, specifically Wong's living room), but somehow she ended up with a human heart in her hands during the process. Epic.

motleyslayer

I'm pretty bad for watching any kind of show, just have a hard time committing to watching a whole series or I'll just start a series and then go a while without watching the rest/forget what happens

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

motleyslayer wrote:
1 year ago
I'm pretty bad for watching any kind of show, just have a hard time committing to watching a whole series or I'll just start a series and then go a while without watching the rest/forget what happens
That is what happens with me sometimes, I watch a couple of episodes then just can't be bothered.

motleyslayer

now that I think of it I' pretty sure I've only finished like one video game in the past 18 months or so too

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

speaking of video games. Genshin Impact has been eating a bit of my time lately.
have been playing with friends in the America server of the game.

motleyslayer

normally I haven't been a fan of the God of War series but I might get Ragnarok, it looks pretty cool

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Windtrace is a limited event in Genshin Impact where players play tag. There would be one "Hunter" and 3 "Rebels" in a map. If the Hunter catch all within 3 minutes, he wins. If one Rebel escape, then the rebels win. I'm a rebel in this video. Hugged the wall to survive. :grin:

at 3:24, my position on the map was revealed because the Hunter gained a Favor. I ran into the hole to avoid getting cornered.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

here's a video of my pet cat Aya. She likes to nibble my hand in the morning, this actually tickles. :D

motleyslayer

Out in Victoria, British Columbia on course for work for 2 months. This course is probably gonna give me a lot of free time but adjusting to being 3 hours behind the time zone I've spent 99% of my life in is gonna suck

motleyslayer

motleyslayer wrote:
1 year ago
Out in Victoria, British Columbia on course for work for 2 months. This course is probably gonna give me a lot of free time but adjusting to being 3 hours behind the time zone I've spent 99% of my life in is gonna suck
finished my last test of said course today, nit much to do before I finish up 2 weeks from tomorrow

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 9 months ago

PUPPIES!
puppies.jpg
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Break Room”