The DCC - September 13, 2019

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

And I may need a sleep schedule reset again.

DCC Scoreboard

Sagharri 41 (+2)
bravelion83 36 (+2)
emily 29 (+0)
RattingRots 28 (+2)
slimytrout 25 (+4)
void_nothing 25 (+2)
Rithaniel 22 (+0)
shukkets 21 (+1)
netn10 17 (+7)
Henlock 13
Ink-Treader 12
Krishnath 9 (+3)
Legend 6
marioguy3 4
kwanyeegor-ii 2

slimytrout wrote:
4 years ago
rattingrots (thanks for the reminder - totally spaced), netn10

Degenerate Rites B
Sorcery
Exile your hand.
Cascade (When you cast this spell, exile cards from the top of your library until you exile a nonland card that costs less. You may cast it without paying its mana cost. Put the exiled cards on the bottom of your library in a random order.)
The pleasure is said to be so intense that it drives most participants insane.
RattingRots wrote:
4 years ago
Votes:
slimytrout (I've thought of a similar effect, would take a bit of clarification about simultaneous reveal or taking turns but IMO worth it)
netn10

Also don't forget to vote!

Scientific Method 2UU
Enchantment (U)
When ~ ETB, draw 2 cards
Discard 2 cards: Return ~ to it's owner's hand.
bravelion83 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: netn10, Krishnath

Rewrite History 1BB
Sorcery (R)
As an additional cost to cast Rewrite History, sacrifice a historic permanent. (Artifacts, legendaries, and Sagas are historic.)
Search your library for a historic card, reveal it, put it into your hand, then shuffle your library.
"Most think that history is immutable. They couldn't be farther from the truth."
—Sotirak, royal historian
marioguy3 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: netn10, slimytrout

Random Card
Legendary Enchantment Creature - Hound
Instants and sorcery cards in each graveyard have cumulative upkeep .
5/8
Rithaniel wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, Krishnath

Determination of Nlia
Sorcery U
If your library has thirty or fewer cards in it, you may return up to two target cards from your graveyard to your hand.
Shuffle your graveyard into your library.
Nlia is not one to move on emotion. If she acts, it is because she must.
Krishnath wrote:
4 years ago
Sagharri, void_nothing (Also, why horse? Wouldn't changeling make more sense? Still, looks like a fun card.)

Bind in Shadow 1W
Enchantment - Aura (Common)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has defender and shadow.
shukkets wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: krishnath, slimytrout

Abzan Burial Rites 1WBG
Enchantment (R)
Whenever a creature you control dies, you gain life equal to that creature's base toughness. If that creature had a +1/+1 counter on it, you gain life equal to twice that creature's base toughness.
emily wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: netn10, void_nothing

Vaporize 1R
Instant (U)
Vaporize deals 3 damage to target creature. If that creature is blue, exile it instead.
Sagharri wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, RattingRots

Lifebloom Gardener 1GW
Creature - Treefolk Druid (U)
When Lifebloom Gardener enters the battlefield, put root counter on target permanent an opponent controls.
Whenever a permanent with root counter on it is tapped, you gain 1 life.
2/4
netn10 wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: Sagharri, slimytrout

Light as a Feather
Enchantment - Aura (Uncommon)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has flying
: Tap or untap enchanted creature.
How does it feel, to let go of all your worries and let the wind guide you?
void_nothing wrote:
4 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, shukkets

Crossbeam of the Proficient WW
Enchantment (R)
When Crossbeam of the Proficient enters the battlefield, draw a card and put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature.
Whenever a source with flying deals damage to you, draw a card.
Whenever a source with trample deals damage to you, put a +1/+1 counter on up to one target creature.
The air and the earth, the swift and the strong - all must be squared in equilibrium.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

RattingRots
Pathological Scryer

Post by RattingRots » 4 years ago

bravelion83, netn10
Notes on emily's card
Show
Hide
Personally my view is that hate cards that are fringe playable in most cases, but are great against the thing they're hating are great, but cards that are actually good against everything are oppressive. I think this is a nice design and flavorful, but it would make the non-hate case worse, otherwise it's almost never wrong to maindeck it (or just throw it into a casual deck) and then you get to randomly oppress some strategies without a real investment.
Boreal Ritual 1R
Instant (C)
Add SSS.
For Sale: Boots of +2 intellect. Never worn.

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 4 years ago

krishnath, netn10

Reality Shimmer 1WU
Instant (U)
Exile target creature, then return it to the battlefield under its owner's control face up or face down. (Face-down creatures are colorless 2/2 creatures.)
"With a simple snap of my fingers, I could reshape your very essence."
-Ixidor, Reality Sculptor
Last edited by slimytrout 4 years ago, edited 6 times in total.

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 4 years ago

Votes: Krishnath, emily
Honorable mentions
Show
Hide
netn10, RattingRots
Infamy Mark 3W
Enchantment (R)
When Infamy Mark enters the battlefield, exile target creature until Infamy Mark leaves the battlefield.
Infamy Mark enters the battlefield with four infamy counters on it.
At the beginning of your upkeep, remove an infamy counter from Infamy Mark.
Infamy Mark has hexproof and indestructible as long as it has an infamy counter on it.
Criminals are marked and left to suffer a period of quarantine wandering in the Great Desert that separates the Ten Cities.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 4 years ago

Votes: emily, netn10,

Counterfeiter's Tools 1U
Artifact (Rare)
3U, T: Craft (Create a token that is a copy of target artifact token or enchantment token you control.)
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 4 years ago

Votes: slimytrout (that's freakin' clever), RattingRots

No love for Nlia? Too bad. I'll have to come up with a way to make her more interesting.

Starstone Crystal
Artifact C
: Add .
Discard Starstone Crystal: Choose one—
•You gain 3 life.
•Scry 1.
"Black as night but with a veritable cosmos of light shimmering within. Is it so difficult to believe that a stone like this fell from the sky?"
—Tal Ohru, traveling merchant
Last edited by Rithaniel 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

shukkets

Post by shukkets » 4 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, netn10

World Wide Web 3G
Tribal Enchantment - Spider (R)
Whenever a source with flying would deal damage to you or a permanent you control, prevent X of that damage where X is the number of Spider permanents you control.

Sagharri

Post by Sagharri » 4 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, bravelion83

Supreme Vengeance 2WBR
Sorcery (R)
As additional cost to cast Supreme Vengeance, sacrifice a creature.
Destroy each creature that doesn't share a creature type with sacrificed creature.
Greatest things require greatest costs.

emily
No TERFs on Gruul Turf
Answers: 1
Pronoun: she / her

Post by emily » 4 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, bravelion83

Play Dead 1B
Instant (C)
Sacrifice a creature. At the beginning of the next end step, return that creature card to the battlefield under your control.
"At least I wasn't late to my own funeral!"
Spelled with a lowercase "e". Formerly master_of_the_universe on MTGsalvation. Two time DCC champ (06/21, 07/21).

netn10

Post by netn10 » 4 years ago

Votes: slimytrout, Rithaniel

Act Impulsively 1R
Instant (Common)
Look at the top four cards of your library and exile a card from among them. Until end of turn, you may play that card.
"Think fast, and the gifts of fires are yours."
- Chandra Nalaar

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Votes: shukkets, emily

Measure Entity 2W
Creature - Shapeshifter (R)
Changeling
1W: Ignore changes to target creature's base power and toughness until end of turn.
XW: Until end of turn, creatures you control gain protection from X/X creatures and gain all creature types.
3/3
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”