void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Today's Challenge: land animation

.::To Enter::.
In a single post:
  • Name exactly two other players to vote for their entries for the previous challenge. (In the event that there are two or fewer entries that you are allowed to vote for, you may vote for only one.)
  • Make a card that fits the current challenge.
  • Include an "If I Win" (IIW) for tomorrow's challenge if you win.
Each day we use the challenge of the previous day's winner. In the case of a tie, we'll use the IIW of the tied player who has least overall points. In case of a further tie, the IIW of the earlier poster will be used.

.::Scoring::.
Lorn Asbord Schutta 20 (+5)
Ink-Treader 16 (+3)
void_nothing 12 (+4)
JovialJovian 5 (+1)
netn10 4 (+1)
OneAndOnly 3 (+0)
kwanyeegor-ii 2
.::Note of the Day::.

.::Yesterday's Submissions::.
2 mana value combat trick
JovialJovian wrote:
1 year ago
Looks like I forgot to close my italics yesterday.

votes: void_nothing, Lord Asbord Schutta

Favor of Yara 1(W/B)
Instant (U)
Choose target creature.
If W was spent to cast this spell, the chosen creature gains first strike and lifelink until end of turn.
If B was spent to cast this spell, the chosen creature gains deathtouch and undying until end of turn.

IIW: Trains
netn10 wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Ink-Treader, void_nothing

Ghastly Moment 1U
Instant (Common)
Cleave 3RG
Until end of turn, target creature becomes a blue Octopus with base power and toughness 8/8. [Prevent all damage that would be dealt to it and by it this turn.]

IIW: Multicolored cleave
OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: Lorn Asbord Schutta, JovialJovian
Lark Maneuver - 1w
Instant
Prevent all combat damage target attacking creature and each creature blocking it would deal. Gain life equal to the amount of damage prevented this way. Each player who controls a creature whose damage was prevented this way may draw a card.
Next: Diplomacy
Ink-Treader wrote:
1 year ago
Vote: Lorn Asbord Schutta, void_nothing

Brutal Momentum 1R
Instant (C)
Brutal Momentum costs 1 less to cast if it targets a creature with flash, first strike, double strike, trample, and/or haste.
Target creature gets +4/+0 until end of turn.

IIW: Speed
Lorn Asbord Schutta wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: void_nothing; Ink-Treader

Trip
Instant (C)
Tap target blocking creature and put a stun counter on it. Creatures that creature were blocking become unblocked. (If a permanent with a stun counter would become untapped, remove one from it instead.)
Draw a card.

IIW: Black bear (prototype creature)
void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
Votes: netn10, Lorn Asbord Schutta

Horned Charge 1G
Instant (U)
Choose target attacking creature you control. Create a 0/1 white Goat creature token, then that attacking creature gets +X/+0 and gains trample until end of turn, where X is the number of creatures you control.
Tasuphia was filled with the excitement and relief of defeating a more powerful foe - not that any of her sisters at Leina Tower would ever believe how she did it.

IIW: A keyword typically for creatures on a noncreature card
kwanyeegor-ii wrote:
1 year ago
ink-treader lorn asbord schutta
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 1 year ago

Votes: JovialJovian, Lorn Asbord Schutta

Stick Your Ground 2G
Sorcery (Common)
You get , then you may put a power and toughness sticker on target land you control. That land becomes a creature in addition to its other types.

IIW: Stickers in a non-joke set.

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

Votes: JovialJovian, void_nothing
Bounding Boulders - RR
Instant
Target Mountain becomes a 6/1 red Elemental creature with trample and haste until the end of turn.
Next: too little, too late

JovialJovian
Captain, I object!

Post by JovialJovian » 1 year ago

votes: Ink-Treader, OneAndOnly

The Crownwaters
Legendary Land - Island (M)
(T: Add U.)
Ward X, where X is the number of Islands you control.
5UUU, T: Untap target Island, that land becomes a 9/9 blue Leviathan creature with flying and haste, it's still a land.

IIW: Flying insects

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 1 year ago

Vote; JovialJovian, Lorn Asbord Schutta

Ruin's Resentment 2BB
Enchantment (R)
When Ruin's Resentment enters the battlefield, return up to one target land card in your graveyard that is a Swamp or named Wastes to the battlefield tapped, then put an animus counter on each land you control that is a Swamp or named Wastes.
Each land you control with a animus counter on it is a 2/1 Wraith creature with "If this would leave the battlefield, exile it, then return it to the battlefield tapped." They're still lands.

IIW: Wastes

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10; void_nothing

Lithomancer's Summons
Instant (U)
Target Mountain you control becomes a 0/0 white Elemental creature with "This creature gets +1/+3 for each Mountain you control" and "This creature can block an additional creature for each Mountain you control each combat" until the end of turn. It's still a land.
Animists aren't the only mages to wake ground on Zendikar.

IIW: Death replacement effect on creature.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Votes: netn10, OneAndOnly

Deepest Ideals 2WW
Enchantment (R)
Creatures you control have vigilance.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put an honor counter on up to one target Plains you control. It's a white Soldier creature with base power and toughness each equal to the number of enchantments you control in addition to its other types for as long as it has that counter on it.

IIW: Removal spell with a flavorful restriction
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

kwanyeegor-ii

Post by kwanyeegor-ii » 1 year ago

inktreader lorn asbord schutta

Massive Mirage U
Enchantment - Aura (Uncommon)
Enchant land you control
Enchanted land is a 4/4 blue Whale creature with ward 4 and haste that's still a land.
At the beginning of your end step, you may pay U. If you don't, return Massive Mirage and enchanted land to their owner's hand.

iiw nongreen mana creatures
畫龍點睛

I'm a simple Magic player since several years ago from China. Now I live in New Jersey.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”