Random Card of the Day: Talisman of Conviction

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

Legend wrote:
1 year ago
Got my ass whooped by a Waterspout Djinn in a mirror match (MUC), in the finals of a 24 player Extended tournament back in late '97. My first ever. Not quite a mirror since my opponent had Tradewind Rider and Waterspouts. Can't quite remember for sure what I had in those slots. I think Air Elemental and Serendib Efreet. Fun memory.
amazing cards back in those days. Even today, my beginner mono blue deck has Air Elemental for teaching newbies on blue flying creatures.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Legend
Aethernaut
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Legend » 1 year ago

The Fluff wrote:
1 year ago
Legend wrote:
1 year ago
Got my ass whooped by a Waterspout Djinn in a mirror match (MUC), in the finals of a 24 player Extended tournament back in late '97. My first ever. Not quite a mirror since my opponent had Tradewind Rider and Waterspouts. Can't quite remember for sure what I had in those slots. I think Air Elemental and Serendib Efreet. Fun memory.
amazing cards back in those days. Even today, my beginner mono blue deck has Air Elemental for teaching newbies on blue flying creatures.
Especially when backed up with Force of Will. 😅 I believe the list was actually:
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Not very original even back then. Thoroughly meta yet had no sideboard. I didn't yet understand what they're for. What's your blue starter deck list?
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

RabidVacin

Post by RabidVacin » 1 year ago

11/17/22 Thorn Thallid

That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

Legend
Aethernaut

Green pinging! Seeing the old wording reminds me of how contemporary "any target" wording was merely a return to the Alpha wording. It's almost like Garfield knew what he was doing.

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

RabidVacin

11/18/22 Triplicate Titan

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 1 year ago

Why it is a Golem and not a Chimera? It could also make a Bird, Soldier and Ox/Beast on death trigger. It was for Commander and rare, so the complexity should not be a problem and some random Tribal is always in high demand. There were even preprinted tokens coming with it, so what stopped Wizards?

Venedrex
Wait, we can have titles?
Answers: 2

Post by Venedrex » 1 year ago

Last edited by Venedrex 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.
Epicurean, EDH without Universes Beyond.

http://nxs.wf/np748831

Legend
Aethernaut

Busted.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 1 year ago

Venedrex wrote:
1 year ago
All right, but then why not a Golem Chimera turning into a Golem Bird (on closer inspection, probably a Golem Griffin), Golem Soldier and a Golem Ox?

RabidVacin

11/21/22 Pariah's Shield

RabidVacin

11/22/22 Eight-and-a-Half-Tails

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

Legend wrote:
1 year ago
The Fluff wrote:
1 year ago
Legend wrote:
1 year ago
Especially when backed up with Force of Will. 😅 I believe the list was actually:
Decklist
Approximate Total Cost:

Not very original even back then. Thoroughly meta yet had no sideboard. I didn't yet understand what they're for. What's your blue starter deck list?
sorry for late reply. That's a fierce mono blue deck you have there.

my mono u deck is more gentle, I keep it in a box, along with other mono colored decks, to help teach beginners on what each color can do.

the decks are on this thread. viewtopic.php?t=15469 Probably better if you reply there if you want to keep the conversation going. So that we don't derail Rabidvacin's thread.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

RabidVacin

11/23/22 Cunning Rhetoric

RabidVacin

11/29/22 Tome Scour

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

The gold standard one-mana card in self-mill. (Okay, and Stitcher's Supplier.)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

RabidVacin

11/30/22 Dragon's Rage Channeler

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Maybe one of the best ever one-drop creatures? It's a red Delver of Secrets // Insectile Aberration that legitimately fixes your draws.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

RabidVacin

12/01/22 Spectacle Mage

RabidVacin

12/05/22 Flash Counter

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

I like the oddly simple name here, but this is worse in multiple ways than multiple things. Bleh.

RabidVacin

12/06/22 Woodland Druid

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Um. Nice flavor text?

folding_music
glitter pen on my mana crypt
Pronoun: they / them

Post by folding_music » 1 year ago

i never really buy humans as vanilla creatures, like... no abilities? this person has never learnt to do anything at all? you're showing me a civilized humanoid with no interests? you could have an odyssey-appropriate ", : Put the top card of your library into your graveyard." and still have room for the same flavour text in a less weirdly justified format (and if not, well, trinket text is flavour text!) and it wouldn't be op or overloaded for a common at all... odyssey in a lot of ways is one of the last bastions of underdesigned cards and ones which don't do enough for their casting cost; this one in particular even regresses from Rime Dryad! of course, not every card need be crammed to breaking point with power but what is the intended use of woodland druid? what if you don't get passed Seton and you really just have this useless guy who offers you no tactical advantage at any point in most limited games?

woodland druid
Creature - Human Druid (U)
Abilities of lands you control called Timberland Ruins cost "Sacrifice Timberland Ruins" less to activate.
What is a tree? I have never heard of them.
1/2

wOoDlAnD dRuId
Creature - Human Druid (R)
While there are at least fifteen cards in your graveyard, power and toughness bonuses from the Threshold abilities of green creatures you control apply twice.
What is a tree? Stoicism manifest, and what is a flower but a show of sympathy? Then what's a druid? An ability-bereft dude with a beard.
1/2

RabidVacin

Just put 4 Muraganda Petroglyphs and 4 Ruxa, Patient Professor in your deck.

12/07/22 Anointer of Champions

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Angelic Page's flying makes it simply more interesting than Anointer of Champions.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Casual”