NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Young Hieromancer 3W
Creature — Dwarf Soldier {U}
When Young Heiromancer enters the battlefield, destroy target tapped creature an opponent controls.
3/3

IIW: The Last Magic Card
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

i'll be judging tomorrow, maybe in 12ish hours

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Dwarven Oven 0
Artifact (U)
Sacrifice a land: Create a colorless artifact Food token.
Sacrifice three Food tokens: Create a 2/2 red Dwarf creature token.
"Yes human. We have a magic oven that bakes rocks into bread. How else do you think we survive underground? No farming, no pasture, little hunting and fishing. What did you expect?"

IIW: Land or enchantment tokens

Sporegorger_Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
How else do you think we survive underground
Potatoes, turnips, and other root vegetables. Dwarven farmers tend to the crop at night and harvest it by pulling it down gopher-style. Hence why dwarves are pests of root vegetables.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

Mergatroid_Jones

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Potatoes, turnips, and other root vegetables. Dwarven farmers tend to the crop at night and harvest it by pulling it down gopher-style. Hence why dwarves are pests of root vegetables.
Those only exist around the surface. Dwarves deep in the mountains would have to get potato shipments from a far above, and may as well trade with humans for food at that point. Unless they have a system of farming root vegetables near the surface and shipping them to the cities below. That works if there's a peasant class. But it makes the city dwarves' food supply quite vulnerable.

Running D&D games has taught me that it's difficult to make underground ecosystems and cities logically sound. I've used various contrivances to force the logic, and the easy answer is "they gots magic, yo". Still, it's a major question to put to the whole concept of underground cities.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Dwarven settlements living near the surface are their equivalent of rural areas. Dwarves deep in the mountain would be like our big cities, dependent on food shipments from farmland.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Young Cervumancer UG
Creature — Shapeshifter Wizard (U)
When Young Cervumancer enters the battlefield, target artifact or creature loses all abilities and becomes a green Elk creature with base power and toughness 3/3.
2/1

IIW: An uncommon reimagining of your favorite mythic
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

judging now!

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

1 year ago
Dwarven Lumberjack
2{R}{R}
Creature - Dwarf Warrior (U)
Haste
When Dwarven Lumberjack enters the battlefield, it deals 1 damage to target creature without flying. That creature loses reach until end of turn, and blocks Dwarven Lumberjack this turn if able.
3/2
"Why do dwarves carry axes?"
"Elves live in trees."

IIW: Runeclaw Bear for blue
That's a pretty cool interceptor. Like, single-target lures are nice, and this takes a reach blocker out of the equation for fliers to dive overhead. Nice one.

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Strange Mood 1R
Sorcery {R}
The next time a nontoken artifact would enter the battlefield under your control this turn, instead exile that artifact. When you do, draft a card from Strange Mood's spellbook and put that card onto the battlefield.
IIW: next iteration of a classic
Arena's spellbooks are among my least favourite mechanics but I think this is at least the second time you've made me go "actually that's pretty great". Given the random chance goes as high as Akroma's Memorial, I'd want to see this cost a little more or the power level be brought into a closer band, so this isn't win-or-lose-on-resolution levels of swinginess.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Copper Mine
Land- Mine (C)
T: Add R and put a depletion counter on Copper Mine. If there are 3 or more depletion counters on it, instead add C.
3R,T: Put a first strike counter on target creature and a depletion counter on Copper Mine.

Silver Mine
Land-Mine (C)
T: Add u and put a depletion counter on Silver Mine. If there are 3 or more depletion counters on it, instead add C.
1UU, T: Draw a card. Put a depletion counter on Silver Mine.

And so on according to the Gold Myr cycle. And something to do with depleted mines.

Greedy Overseer 3R
Creature- Dwarf (U)
Haste
T, Sacrifice a land: Draw a card. If that land was a mine, create a colorless artifact Treasure token.
2/4

Deepmountain Jeweler RR
Creature- Dwarf (U)
When you sacrifice a treasure token for red mana, add an additional R.
2/1

IIW: The summer 2025 Zendikar set is WEEEIIIRD.
(Gimme a moment to be real amused at the type line reading "land mine".)

The mines are following similar lines to Vivid Creek et al, except the depletion relates to getting colored mana at all! This could be interesting in a set with spells costing , like a Depleted Golem 2C.

There's a significant consideration that these are lands you can keep activating the abilities of, but that's probably fine — your trade-off is that these are colorless utility lands after one or two such activations.

Greedy Overseer and Deepmountain Jeweler are nice too. I like Jeweler's effect in particular.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Blor, Gully Dwarf King 3B
Legendary Creature - Dwarf Peasant (R)
When Blor enters the battlefield, choose one:
- You gain 3 life and mill up to three cards.
- Mine a card from your graveyard. (To mine a card, exile three cards from your graveyard. If one shares its mana value, another its color identity, the third a card type, and none its name, put the mined card in your hand.)
4/3

IIW: put a ring on it
I'm not sold on the mechanical process of Mine—that's a lot of narrow restrictions that would seem to make it difficult to accomplish—nor am I sure its specific behaviour corresponds well to its flavor. But a dwarf king who gains me life and mills cards, or gives me back some cards, is overall just fine.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
The fall of moria 1rb
Enchantment- saga
| - create a 2/1 red dwarf creature token and a treasure token
|| - sacrifice a land unless you sacrifice 2 creatures
||| - create a 6/6 red and black demon creature token with flying and "1r: this creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn"

Iiw: unexpected creature type mashups OR turn a card or location in marvel snap into a magic card (or vice versa)
I was wondering if someone was going to bring up the Balrog, and I'm happy you did!! Mentioning deep dwarven kingdoms, Moria's got to come up.

I appreciate that the first ability doesn't give you all the fuel for the second; you still need a second ability. Red-black would like all these effects, and the demon is nice.

Little bit concerned this might warp Standard around whether you can beat a 10/6 turn 5 flier though. I might add an additional cost of "sacrifice a creature" to that firebreathing ability to tamp things down just a tiny bit, plus it'd be flavorful.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Young Hieromancer 3W
Creature — Dwarf Soldier {U}
When Young Heiromancer enters the battlefield, destroy target tapped creature an opponent controls.
3/3

IIW: The Last Magic Card
That's some nice flavorful removal, yeah. I might cost it more colored pips (like 2WW).
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Dwarven Oven 0
Artifact (U)
Sacrifice a land: Create a colorless artifact Food token.
Sacrifice three Food tokens: Create a 2/2 red Dwarf creature token.
"Yes human. We have a magic oven that bakes rocks into bread. How else do you think we survive underground? No farming, no pasture, little hunting and fishing. What did you expect?"

IIW: Land or enchantment tokens
I think I see the second ability being used more than the first, but for that seems fair. I'd put a cost of red mana somewhere in here though.
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Young Cervumancer UG
Creature — Shapeshifter Wizard (U)
When Young Cervumancer enters the battlefield, target artifact or creature loses all abilities and becomes a green Elk creature with base power and toughness 3/3.
2/1

(sounds of a door being thrown open and screams growing increasingly distant)

You know, this might actually work at that cost as a one-off, and I like you can elk the cervumancer itself if you just want to drop a 3/3 into an empty board.

This also made me realise we could have a Banisher Priest-style variant of this with a rider of "until (name) leaves the battlefield."

Dragontongue Alchemist 3R
Creature — Kobold Wizard
When Dragontongue Alchemist enters the battlefield, another target creature becomes a 3/3 red Dragon creature with flying in addition to its other colors and types until Dragontongue Alchemist leaves the battlefield.
0/1

Winner: @chetoos

Next: unexpected creature type mashups OR turn a card or location in marvel snap into a magic card (or vice versa)

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Plasmoid Captain 1WR
Creature - Ooze Pirate (U)
{3} > Oozes you control have menace.
{2} {2} > Lifelink.
(Pay a cost inside { } only once, as a sorcery, then put a +1/+1 counter on this creature. Ignore the text to the right of unpaid { }.)
2/3

Revisiting a design for spelljammer. You'd use the +1/+1 counters to mark the 'filled' slots, but only as reminders, they don't reactivate if the counters are removed.
IIW: choose

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

Ochopulparana -- 2GGUU
Creature - Spider Octopus {R}
Ochopulparana enters the battlefield with eight leg or tentacle counters. (You choose how many of each it gets, but no more than eight total)
Whenever Ochopulparana is dealt damage, remove a leg or a tentacle counter from it.
As long as Ochopulparana has four or more counters on it, it gets +4/+4 and has reach and shroud,
4/4
Next: Binge watching
Last edited by OneAndOnly 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Mergatroid_Jones

Asteran Burglar 2U
Creature- Starfish Rogue (U)
When Asteran Burglar deals combat damage to a player, draw a card. Then if you've drawn five or more cards this turn, Asteran Burglar spawns 1. (Create a token that's a copy of it except it's a 1/1 Spawn. Tokens cannot spawn.)
1/4
A bunch of unnecessary starfish people
Show
Hide
Asteran Silencer BB
Creature- Starfish Assassin (R)
Deathtouch
4B: Put a bounty counter on target creature. If there are five or more bounty counters among creatures your opponents control, Asteran Silencer spawns 1. (Create a token that's a copy of it except it's a 1/1 Spawn. Tokens cannot spawn.)
T: Destroy target creature with a bounty counter on it.
2/3

Thundering Star 1GG
Creature- Starfish Warrior(U)
Trample
When Coral Keeper dies, if you control five or more lands, Thundering Star spawns 5. (Create a token that's a copy of it except it's a 5/5 Spawn. Tokens cannot spawn.)
3/2

Shepherd of Minnows W
Creature- Starfish Cleric (U)
Vigilance
When a creature token enters the battlefield, gain 1 life. Then if you have at least 5 life more than your starting life total, you may pay W. If you do, Shepherd of Minnows spawns 1. Shepherd of Minnows can only spawn once each turn. (To spawn, create a token that's a copy of it except it's a 1/1 Spawn. Tokens cannot spawn.)
1/2

Asteran Lavabringer 4R
Creature- Starfish Wizard (R)
When Asteran Lavabringer enters the battlefield, it deals damage equal to its power to another target creature or planeswalker.
When Asteran Lavabringer dies, it spawns X, where X is the amount of damage it has been dealt this turn. (Create a token that's a copy of it except it's an X/X Spawn. Tokens cannot spawn.)
5/1
Evil Eye of Gnoig'Nmrotzl 2BBB
Creature- Tentacle Eye (U)
Menace, Ward-- pay 3 life.
Non-Eye creatures you control can't attack.
When a land enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, create a 2/1 black Eye creature token, or a 3/3 black tentacle creature token.
3/7

You've heard of an Orgg. You've seen a Trained Orgg (and you know that the fourth arm from the flavor text is for fashion). But did you know about:

Educated Orgg 3RR
Creature- Orgg Advisor (R)
Defender
When you cast a noncreature spell, Educated Orgg loses defender and gains trample until end of turn.
"I'll crush you if I must, but I'd much rather talk about my new theorem!"
6/6

Rumpty Gumpty 3W
Creature- Egg Townsfolk (C)
When Rumpty Gumpty dies, exile it and gain life equal to the number of creatures you control.
3/3
////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Sit on a Wall W
Sorcery- Adventure
Create a 0/2 colorless artifact Wall creature token with defender.

Meer, the Mere Myr 1
Legendary Artifact Creature- Myr Coward (U)
When an opponent casts a spell, return Meer, the Mere Myr to its owner's hand.
When Meer, the Mere Myr blocks or becomes blocked, return it to its owner's hand.
The last Mirran myr was merely Meer.
1/1

IIW: Real creatures that seldom or never go on magic cards.
Last edited by Mergatroid_Jones 1 year ago, edited 8 times in total.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Sea-Anemone Pudding
1{B}{G}{U}
Creature - Jellyfish Ooze (R)
Defender
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Sea-Anemone Pudding this turn dies, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token. Then if there are four or more creature cards in your graveyard, create a token that's a copy of Sea-Anemone Pudding, except it has base power and toughness 3/3.
: Sea-Anemone Pudding can attack this turn as though it didn't have defender.
5/5

Pudding Sea-Cucumber

Creature - Starfish Ooze (U)
Graft 2
Eject Innards -Whenever Pudding Sea-Cucumber blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, tap that creature and put a stun counter on it. Remove a +1/+1 counter from Pudding Sea-Cucumber
Cuvierian Tubules -Other creatures with stun counters on them lose all abilities.
2/2

Volveraptor
3{G}
Creature - Dinosaur Volver (R)
Kicker 1{U} and/or 1{B}
If Volveraptor was kicked with its 1{U} kicker, it enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter and a hexproof counter on it.
If Volveraptor was kicked with its 1{B} kicker, it enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter and a menace counter on it.
When Volveraptor enters the battlefield, draw a card for each time it was kicked.
4/3

Frogspawn Mass
1{U}
Creature - Frog Egg (C)
Defender
0/5

IIW: Runeclaw Bear (ie 2 MV/CMC vanilla 2/2 creature) for blue.

Megiddo
MEG

Noxious Sporelord BBGG
Creature — Fungus Noble {R}
Deathtouch
When Noxious Sporelord enters the battlefield, choose one —
• Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
• All creatures get -2/-2 until end of turn.
1/1

IIW: CCDD costs
MEG

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Burnwillow Harvest Guard RG
Artifact Creature — Scarecrow Assassin (U)
Haste
Whenever Burnwillow Harvest Guard attacks or blocks, it deals 1 damage to target creature you don't control. If that creature is a Bird, destroy that creature and Burnwillow Harvest Guard.
2/1

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Field Sower 1W
Artifact Creature — Scarecrow Druid (C)
: Untap target Plains.
2/2

IIW: the dreaded plane of yuletide, where all hide desperate to survive the cheer storm

Juancu

Ao, First Homunculus W
Legendary Creature - Human Egg (R)
Whenever a human token enters the battlefield under your control, for each kind of counter on Ao, put that same number of that kind of counter on that token. Then for each different name among permanent attached to Ao, choose a permanent with that name and create a token copy of it. Attach it to that token.
1/1

Simic Bottle Opener G
Creature - Rhino Unicorn
1/1

Cetanobi 6U
Creature - Whale Ninja (U)
When Cetanobi enters the battlefield, end combat.
Ninjutsu 4U
6/6

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

I can't honestly say I'm surprised at the lack of Marvel Snap cards in here, but I'd still like to flex that a little bit.
Morbius, the living vampire 1b
Legendary Creature - Vampire Citizen
Flying
Whenever you discard a card, put a +1/+1 counter on Morbius
0/2
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Plasmoid Captain 1WR
Creature - Ooze Pirate (U)
{3} > Oozes you control have menace.
{2} {2} > Lifelink.
(Pay a cost inside { } only once, as a sorcery, then put a +1/+1 counter on this creature. Ignore the text to the right of unpaid { }.)
2/3

Revisiting a design for spelljammer. You'd use the +1/+1 counters to mark the 'filled' slots, but only as reminders, they don't reactivate if the counters are removed.
IIW: choose
Most of these designs are just "class creature types on something that doesn't have a class normally" which is fine, if a bit reductive. This one feels like it has memory issues with it, but is a cool design conceptually.
OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
Ochopulparana -- 2GGUU
Creature - Spider Octopus {R}
Ochopulparana enters the battlefield with eight leg or tentacle counters. (You choose how many of each it gets, but no more than eight total)
Whenever Ochopulparana is dealt damage, remove a leg or a tentacle counter from it.
As long as Ochopulparana has four or more counters on it, it gets +4/+4 and has reach and shroud,
4/4
Next: Binge watching
Apparently a simic biomancer defected to the golgari here. I'm impressed by the synergy with proliferate. As long as it has both, proliferate gives back both kinds of counters.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Asteran Burglar 2U
Creature- Starfish Rogue (U)
When Asteran Burglar deals combat damage to a player, draw a card. Then if you've drawn five or more cards this turn, Asteran Burglar spawns 1. (Create a token that's a copy of it except it's a 1/1 Spawn. Tokens cannot spawn.)
1/4
A bunch of unnecessary starfish people
Show
Hide
Asteran Silencer BB
Creature- Starfish Assassin (R)
Deathtouch
4B: Put a bounty counter on target creature. If there are five or more bounty counters among creatures your opponents control, Asteran Silencer spawns 1. (Create a token that's a copy of it except it's a 1/1 Spawn. Tokens cannot spawn.)
T: Destroy target creature with a bounty counter on it.
2/3

Thundering Star 1GG
Creature- Starfish Warrior(U)
Trample
When Coral Keeper dies, if you control five or more lands, Thundering Star spawns 5. (Create a token that's a copy of it except it's a 5/5 Spawn. Tokens cannot spawn.)
3/2

Shepherd of Minnows W
Creature- Starfish Cleric (U)
Vigilance
When a creature token enters the battlefield, gain 1 life. Then if you have at least 5 life more than your starting life total, you may pay W. If you do, Shepherd of Minnows spawns 1. Shepherd of Minnows can only spawn once each turn. (To spawn, create a token that's a copy of it except it's a 1/1 Spawn. Tokens cannot spawn.)
1/2

Asteran Lavabringer 4R
Creature- Starfish Wizard (R)
When Asteran Lavabringer enters the battlefield, it deals damage equal to its power to another target creature or planeswalker.
When Asteran Lavabringer dies, it spawns X, where X is the amount of damage it has been dealt this turn. (Create a token that's a copy of it except it's an X/X Spawn. Tokens cannot spawn.)
5/1
Evil Eye of Gnoig'Nmrotzl 2BBB
Creature- Tentacle Eye (U)
Menace, Ward-- pay 3 life.
Non-Eye creatures you control can't attack.
When a land enters the battlefield under an opponent's control, create a 2/1 black Eye creature token, or a 3/3 black tentacle creature token.
3/7

You've heard of an Orgg. You've seen a Trained Orgg (and you know that the fourth arm from the flavor text is for fashion). But did you know about:

Educated Orgg 3RR
Creature- Orgg Advisor (R)
Defender
When you cast a noncreature spell, Educated Orgg loses defender and gains trample until end of turn.
"I'll crush you if I must, but I'd much rather talk about my new theorem!"
6/6

Rumpty Gumpty 3W
Creature- Egg Townsfolk (C)
When Rumpty Gumpty dies, exile it and gain life equal to the number of creatures you control.
3/3
////////////////\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Sit on a Wall W
Sorcery- Adventure
Create a 0/2 colorless artifact Wall creature token with defender.

Meer, the Mere Myr 1
Legendary Artifact Creature- Myr Coward (U)
When an opponent casts a spell, return Meer, the Mere Myr to its owner's hand.
When Meer, the Mere Myr blocks or becomes blocked, return it to its owner's hand.
The last Mirran myr was merely Meer.
1/1

IIW: Real creatures that seldom or never go on magic cards.
Case in point, most of these are just "class types on things that don't normally have class types. Way too many to give in depth reviews, I'll just say that I'm averaging the quality of these submissions and giving you a score of "Pretty cool"
1 year ago
Sea-Anemone Pudding
1{B}{G}{U}
Creature - Jellyfish Ooze (R)
Defender
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Sea-Anemone Pudding this turn dies, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token. Then if there are four or more creature cards in your graveyard, create a token that's a copy of Sea-Anemone Pudding, except it has base power and toughness 3/3.
: Sea-Anemone Pudding can attack this turn as though it didn't have defender.
5/5

Pudding Sea-Cucumber

Creature - Starfish Ooze (U)
Graft 2
Eject Innards -Whenever Pudding Sea-Cucumber blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, tap that creature and put a stun counter on it. Remove a +1/+1 counter from Pudding Sea-Cucumber
Cuvierian Tubules -Other creatures with stun counters on them lose all abilities.
2/2

Volveraptor
3{G}
Creature - Dinosaur Volver (R)
Kicker 1{U} and/or 1{B}
If Volveraptor was kicked with its 1{U} kicker, it enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter and a hexproof counter on it.
If Volveraptor was kicked with its 1{B} kicker, it enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter and a menace counter on it.
When Volveraptor enters the battlefield, draw a card for each time it was kicked.
4/3

Frogspawn Mass
1{U}
Creature - Frog Egg (C)
Defender
0/5

IIW: Runeclaw Bear (ie 2 MV/CMC vanilla 2/2 creature) for blue.
Honestly, volvers are already so ill defined, I'm not sure that one being a dinosaur is too out of whack. I like the sea cucumber mostly as a stun counters matter thing, but the first card just makes me want to run and hide as an aggro player. So many gummed boards.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Noxious Sporelord BBGG
Creature — Fungus Noble {R}
Deathtouch
When Noxious Sporelord enters the battlefield, choose one —
• Put a +1/+1 counter on each creature you control.
• All creatures get -2/-2 until end of turn.
1/1

IIW: CCDD costs
I get the idea that this thing takes itself out, but I do wonder if "other" on both abilities would be good. It's already a 4 mana typhoid rats, I think letting it survive the massacre is fine.
Classy Scarecrows
Show
Hide
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Burnwillow Harvest Guard RG
Artifact Creature — Scarecrow Assassin (U)
Haste
Whenever Burnwillow Harvest Guard attacks or blocks, it deals 1 damage to target creature you don't control. If that creature is a Bird, destroy that creature and Burnwillow Harvest Guard.
2/1

spacemonaut wrote:
1 year ago
Field Sower 1W
Artifact Creature — Scarecrow Druid (C)
: Untap target Plains.
2/2

IIW: the dreaded plane of yuletide, where all hide desperate to survive the cheer storm
Since both of these cards are the same thing I've harped on already, I'll just judge them together: I like the idea of a scarecrow society, that sounds freaky. It's a dark mirror of our own, fed by straw and a penchant for bird murder, apparently.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Ao, First Homunculus W
Legendary Creature - Human Egg (R)
If a spell or ability you control causes Ao to get or have something until end of turn, each human you control gets/has that until end of turn instead.
1/1
The furtive pygmy, so easily forgotten, because it causes so many rules headaches.

Winner: Spacemonaut for field sower
Next: The dreaded plane of Yuletide, where all hide, desperate to survive the cheer storm.

Run, run from his claws.

Megiddo
MEG

Hrólfur, Blazing Leader 2WW
Legendary Creature — Caribou {M}
Vigilance, ward 4
XRR: Until end of turn, Caribou you control get +X/+X and gain menace. Activate only if you control eight or more other Caribou.
WW, T: Create a 0/1 white Caribou creature token.
3/5

IIW: Two cards that go together
MEG

Juancu

Ursigusha, Demon Seeker 3GG
Creature - Bear Monk (R Acorn)
Ward 4
If Ursigusha would fight, you may have it fight an additional creature. Otherwise, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
G, Discard a card: Target opponent reveals their hand. You may choose a creature card from that hand and treat it as if it was in the battlefield until the end of turn, or until it would leave the battlefield. Except if that creature would die and fought Ursigusha this turn, it really dies.
4/5

Running or hiding, it's all the same to him.

IIW: Hmm, fascinating.
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Mergatroid_Jones

Cheerbringer 2R
Creature- Elf Artificer (C)
Haste
When Cheerbringer enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 colorless artifact Toy creature token.
RT, Tap an untapped Toy you control: Cheerbringer deals 1 damage to any target.
2/1

Blind Toymaker 1G
Defender
When Blind Toymaker enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 colorless artifact Toy creature token.
G, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target Toy.
1/2

IIW: The 2025 Zendikar set is WEEEIIRRRD

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Indentured Stag 1R
Creature — Elk (C)
As long as you control a legendary creature, Indentured Stag gets +2/+2, has haste, and attacks each combat if able.
2/1

Level 2 Judge circa 2016

Megiddo
MEG

Cheerbringer 2RG
Creature — Ouphe {U}
When Cheerbringer enters the battlefield, create two Gift tokens. (They're artifacts with "1, T, Sacrifice this artifact: Exile the top card of your library. You may play that card this turn")
Whenever you open a Gift, you may pay 1. When you do, Cheerbringer deals 1 damage to any target.
3/2

IIW: a plane of your choice either in the distant past (kamigawa is cheating) or the distant future
SPOILER
Show
Hide
this card suggests that the token exists in multiple colors. commence argument about whether this token can be created by nonred cards. i'm sure this has been litigated before. maybe i'll revisit this.
MEG

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Hrólfur, Blazing Leader 2WW
Legendary Creature — Caribou {M}
Vigilance, ward 4
XRR: Until end of turn, Caribou you control get +X/+X and gain menace. Activate only if you control eight or more other Caribou.
WW, T: Create a 0/1 white Caribou creature token.
3/5

IIW: Two cards that go together
Yessss, Rudolf Hrólfur! Praise be to Hrólfur, whose radiance burns a swathe through the grim night and marks the visitation of the Antlered Procession.

Good tribal. My only notes are I think we could afford to make these 1/1 Caribous. Also that I think it'd be a slam dunk for flavor if you could fit giving the Caribou flying in here but that's a separate design and this one is also fine.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Ursigusha, Demon Seeker 3GG
Creature - Bear Monk (R Acorn)
Ward 4
If Ursigusha would fight, you may have it fight an additional creature. Otherwise, it gets +2/+2 until end of turn.
G, Discard a card: Target opponent reveals their hand. You may choose a creature card from that hand and treat it as if it was in the battlefield until the end of turn, or until it would leave the battlefield. Except if that creature would die and fought Ursigusha this turn, it really dies.
4/5

Running or hiding, it's all the same to him.

IIW: Hmm, fascinating.
Not a huge fan of the activated ability, even in Acorn land.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Cheerbringer 2R
Haste
When Cheerbringer enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 colorless artifact Toy creature token.
RT, Tap an untapped Toy you control: Cheerbringer deals 1 damage to any target.
2/1

Blind Toymaker 1G
Defender
When Blind Toymaker enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 colorless artifact Toy creature token.
G, T: Put a +1/+1 counter on target Toy.
1/2

IIW: The 2025 Zendikar set is WEEEIIRRRD
Both nice commons. I'm happy the Toys in this set are slightly lethal.
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Indentured Stag 1R
Creature — Elk (C)
As long as you control a legendary creature, Indentured Stag gets +2/+2, has haste, and attacks each combat if able.
2/1

Yes perfect and horrible. Nice one.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Cheerbringer 2RG
Creature — Ouphe {U}
When Cheerbringer enters the battlefield, create two Gift tokens. (They're artifacts with "1, T, Sacrifice this artifact: Exile the top card of your library. You may play that card this turn")
Whenever you open a Gift, you may pay 1. When you do, Cheerbringer deals 1 damage to any target.
3/2

IIW: a plane of your choice either in the distant past (kamigawa is cheating) or the distant future
SPOILER
Show
Hide
this card suggests that the token exists in multiple colors. commence argument about whether this token can be created by nonred cards. i'm sure this has been litigated before. maybe i'll revisit this.
You know how Blood tokens basically sucked and did a random bunch of stuff that didn't land?

Gift tokens are perfect and I love what Cheerbringer does with them. I hope this is a signpost.

Winner: Megiddo
Next: a plane of your choice either in the distant past (kamigawa is cheating) or the distant future

Megiddo
MEG

yes, it was supposed to be a signpost! glad that came through.
MEG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”