The CCL Discussion Thread

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

November's round 2 is up! Remember that you can enter even without having entered the first round!
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Once again asking for a volunteer to host the December CCL.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 1 year ago

I can host it.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

slimytrout wrote:
1 year ago
I can host it.
Awesome, look forward to it.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Less than a day remains in the November CCL final poll! Please vote if you have not done so!

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 1 year ago

@slimytrout Congratulations on winning the November CCL!
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

While I have some ideas for a January CCL, just want to put out feelers and offer the month to someone else before I claim it. Would anyone prefer to host in January?

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 1 year ago

@slimytrout for the third challange (conjuring), if we specify a card like in Boneyard Aberration, the specified card have to be an existing one, or can me make a new one?

slimytrout

@Lorn Asbord Schutta the challenge only asks for five cards, so if you want to make it reference one of your four other cards (each of which still has to satisfy one of the challenges) then go ahead, but otherwise it has to reference an existing card.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

January's round 2 is up, and you can still enter this challenge even if you didn't do so for round 1!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Congrats to @Subject16 for winning December!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Would anyone like to organize the February CCL?

slimytrout

How do things like protection work for the January CCL Finals? I'm assuming the landwalks are all separate abilities, but wasn't sure if protection was one ability or a bunch.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

slimytrout wrote:
1 year ago
How do things like protection work for the January CCL Finals? I'm assuming the landwalks are all separate abilities, but wasn't sure if protection was one ability or a bunch.
Updated the clarifications (and the wording of the challenge, because I missed a word from what I originally intended) to answer this.

slimytrout

Sorry, this didn't quite answer my question which I realize was phrased ambiguously. Maybe it will help if I give an example: there are about 30 mono-black creatures with protection from something, but only 19 of them have protection from white (or maybe 17 depending on how you count Masked Gorgon and Grotesque Hybrid). So does a mono-black card with protection from white satisfy the challenge?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Yes - in short, every protection and landwalk ability is its own ability.

Subject16

Post by Subject16 » 1 year ago

Where do we stand on a card like Shore Snapper? Both as a monocolor card with a multicoloured identity, and as a card with an evasion ability but that isn't static?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Subject16 wrote:
1 year ago
Where do we stand on a card like Shore Snapper? Both as a monocolor card with a multicoloured identity, and as a card with an evasion ability but that isn't static?
Monocolor cards with color identities that are not are just fine. But as with the rest of this month, the cards must have the evasion ability in question inherently, and not just be able to gain it.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

February's round 2 has begun, as have round 1 critiques! Remember that you don't have to have entered round 1 to try your hand at round 2 - anyone can still sign up by entering the second round!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Midway through the month, and we're looking for a CCL host for March - let me know if you're interested in hosting the contest next month!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

January's CCL poll ends tonight - make sure to vote!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Congrats once again to January CCL co-winners Subject16 and slimytrout!

OneAndOnly

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

I've posted a top three. Technically a top five; if you feel that rating players other than the top three is perfidious and defeats the spirit of the game, just let me know.

http://nxs.wf/np367977

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

March's round 1 is open for entries - you have nothing to lose by giving it a shot!

marioguy3

Post by marioguy3 » 1 year ago

Thanks for the visibility bump. These contests benefit from them.
The summer is hot. The sum of sun and hot equals summer.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”