QUESTION: Saving and Printing Custom Cards and Sets

Cavalier1213
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Cavalier1213 » 1 year ago

Hey all,

Is there an efficient way of saving a custom card set to your desktop and printing it out?

I'd like to be able to print out these custom sets for things like drafts.

Thanks.

-Nick

Deronkling

Post by Deronkling » 1 year ago

I am interested in how to do this as well.

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 1 year ago

This is something that interests me as well, especially as I (slowly) go through and make the cards.

@Feyd_Ruin - Is there a way to do this from a Custom Card Gallery?

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

Feyd can certainly answer this in more detail, but while we absolutely encourage things like custom card playtesting, we have to limit resolution for certain applications of the card creator in order to not run afoul of WotC IP protections and not give bad actors the tools to do something prohibited (i.e., proxying).
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 1 year ago

Cavalier1213 wrote:
1 year ago
Is there an efficient way of saving a custom card set to your desktop and printing it out?
Deronkling wrote:
1 year ago
I am interested in how to do this as well.
Guardman wrote:
1 year ago
@Feyd_Ruin - Is there a way to do this from a Custom Card Gallery?
Apologies for not replying before. I missed this thread. There was another one about this around the same time this was first posted, so I might have gotten the two mixed up or just not seen it. Feel free to always @ me if I don't respond.

If you have any access level to a set (ie: it's your set, or the owner gave you access in the collaboration access management), you'll have the set control menu on the top left.
That now has an Export option, at the bottom:

For now, we offer two options for exporting:
  • Plain text in a .txt file
  • A printable PDF in our Playtesting format.
Our Playtesting card design has all game-pertinent information, and is the right size to cut out and slip into a sleeve, but it explicitly removes all symbols, art, etc, as such things are copyrighted. Obviously, the playtest version isn't what many might want, but it helps us to insure we stay within the good graces of Wizards and copyright law.

Many Custom Card sites have been shut down, and it's almost always due to users who use their legitimate, well-intended tools for an illegitimate, ill-intended reason. Unfortunately, the only current solution to prevent such bad use is to limit and restrict the tool on this aspect.

One day I'd love to find a way to offer legitimate CCC users what they need/deserve without risking running afoul by bad seeds.
Until then, we suffer for the bad few :(

Example of the playtest layout:
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Set Creation”