how can i print the cards i have created

Brexy101
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Brexy101 » 1 year ago

i am starting to create a few cards i want in a special set. its for a Christmas present and its just for fun to have.
Is there a way i can print the cards or set of cards i have created on here or how would i go about doing that??

kenfree100
Pronoun: he / him

Post by kenfree100 » 1 year ago

Brexy, I'm looking to do the same. Did anyone respond?

Thanks, Ken

archemediesx

Post by archemediesx » 1 year ago

A lot is going to depend on how you created your custom cards and how much work you are interested in putting into the printing aspect.

I've seen anecdotes of people using the various printing websites that create various playing card decks and game cards, Commercial printing does simplify a lot of things and you only need a digital image to get a card out of it, though it tends to be more expensive +/- $0.75 a card from what I've seen.

If you are just playtesting, making a 9 card template to a 8.5 X 11 page and using regular print settings will net reasonable images for play purposes.

It is possible to treat MTG cards to be reprinted in an inkjet printer, but takes several steps and a bit of learning curve to make it time and cost effective. i think I figured my cost was around $0.12 per card give or take (an assuming the card stock was free since I have thousands of worthless commons taking up space.)
1. You have to blank the front the card. acetone is supposed to work, but i can't get the ink to rub off without extreme effort due to the the sealant on most of the card stocks wizards uses. I turned to batching with white primer spray paint to accomplish that goal.
2. There are specialty coatings sold by Inkaid, and the type-2 glossy precoat sticks well to the primed surface. https://inkaid1.com/
3. you'll need to calibrate your printer and/or digital print source by creating a "carrier' template so you know where to stick the card to printed on as it goes through the printer.
4. i don't think there's any way to use MTG cardstock without discoloration around the edges so you'll need to play with sleeves. On the plus side, the card stock is already die cut and the correct size.

I've thought about putting together a tutorial, just haven't had time to get one together. I do use this process for my custom set cubes, and though i do have to contend with some print issues, overall the print quality is excellent with just an inkjet printer.
"Easy Dude. You're being very Un-Dude."

Brexy101

Post by Brexy101 » 1 year ago

kenfree100 wrote:
1 year ago
Brexy, I'm looking to do the same. Did anyone respond?

Thanks, Ken
yes people have responded. im checking them out now on the post or thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Custom Cards”