NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 1 year ago

A few signpost uncommons from a redo of Tempest block (with modern design sensibilities.)

Scavenging Spike 2BG
Creature - Spike
Scavenging Spike enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter.
2, remove a +1/+1 counter from Scavenging Spike: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
BG, Exile a card from a graveyard: If the removed card was a creature or planeswalker card, put a +1/+1 counter on Scavenging Spike.
0/0

Squall Drake 2UR
Creature - Drake
Flying, haste
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Squall Drake gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/1

Walker In Twilight 1WB
Creature - Spirit
Shadow
Other creatures you control with shadow get +1/+1.
2/2

IIW: Welcome to the Jungle.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

From "Phyrexia: all will be one." The last time that we went time travelled to a past event hundreds or thousands of years ago to a battle between two brothers that changed the fate of a plane, we ended up with a changed timeline. These cards spin off from that idea, taking established signpost uncommons and compleating them.

compleated reef 1UG
Creature - Phyrexian Elemental
Whenever this or another phyrexian enters the battlefield under your control, look at the top card of your library. If it's a land, you may reveal it and put that card onto the battlefield tapped. If you don't reveal the card, you may put it on the top or bottom of your library, and put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.
Spreading the oil of the great machine as it walks ashore.
1/1

Walking lance 1br
Artifact - Equipment
Living weapon
Equipped creature gets +2/+2
equip phyrexian 2
equip 3

"A traditional lance is fine for the mother of machines, but against the fleshy hordes, you need a nastier bite."
—Kenver, Phyrexian weaponsmith

Hero of the machine 1RW
Enchantment Creature - Phyrexian Soldier
When this creature enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 black phyrexian creature token.
Whenever you cast a spell that targets hero of the machine, target creature you control gets +1/+0 and gains infect until end of turn.
Heroic deeds serve the machine.
2/2

join the machine gw
Sorcery
Create 2 1/1 black phyrexian creature tokens.
flashback 3GW
In the machine, no one goes into the dark alone.

Drown in oil ub
Instant
choose 1 -
Counter target spell with mana value less than the number of poison counters on its controller
target creature gets -1/-1 for each poison counter on its controller.
Lochmere is no more or less dangerous now that its deep waters have been suffused with phyrexian oil.

IIW: Planeswalker vacations after beating Phyrexia. OR Unfinity.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Licker Drake
1{U}{B}{R}
Creature - Zombie Drake Horror (U)
Flying, haste
At the beginning of combat on your turn, if a creature died this turn, Licker Drake gains double strike until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: Grixis drake
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

wonderful
Pronoun: she / her

Post by wonderful » 1 year ago

Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Let's try signposts for wackier archetypes -

Phona, Trumpeteer 1RW
Legendary Creature - Elephant Warrior (U)
At the beginning of your combat step, each mobilized creature you control gets +1/+1 until end of turn. (A creature is mobilized if it has haste, vigilance, or base power 2.)
3/3

Kaccoi, Farseer 2UR
Legendary Creature - Bird Scout (U)
Flying
Whenever Kaccoi attacks, if you control a pawn and a general, draw a card (a pawn is a creature with mana value or power 1. A general is a creature with mana value or power 5, or higher.)
3/3

IIW: stickers
Trumpeteers, roll out! I almost wish this had vigilance or something itself to hit itself. I feel like we live in a world now where this could definitely do that and be on-power-level with the set. Though maybe I'm underestimating this and you hit the head on it just right.

Farseer I don't feel needs to be legendary(?) - cool effect though, and I like what you can potentially do with pawn/general in the set. I think there could be lots of interesting ways to use these terms. I do think pawn should say "1 or less" though, to include both 0 power stuff, and tokens being used as pawns to open even more uses with the term!
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Ashen Wellspring BR
Artifact {U}
When Ashen Wellspring enters the battlefield or is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, target opponent discards a card and loses 2 life.

IIW: formation
Love me a good wellspring. This one doesn't draw me in super hard on the archetype at BR for a 2 drop card that doesn't affect the board. But in the right deck this is absolutely a heater. This is interesting to me cause it's not a card that makes me want to jump into this archetype and build around it, like many uncommons do. But rather it's a card that's only good if I'm already in that archetype. Though it is almost certainly worthy of being an uncommon and not a common at this rate.
Krishnath wrote:
1 year ago
A few signpost uncommons from a redo of Tempest block (with modern design sensibilities.)

Scavenging Spike 2BG
Creature - Spike
Scavenging Spike enters the battlefield with a +1/+1 counter.
2, remove a +1/+1 counter from Scavenging Spike: Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
BG, Exile a card from a graveyard: If the removed card was a creature or planeswalker card, put a +1/+1 counter on Scavenging Spike.
0/0

Squall Drake 2UR
Creature - Drake
Flying, haste
Whenever you cast an instant or sorcery spell, Squall Drake gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
2/1

Walker In Twilight 1WB
Creature - Spirit
Shadow
Other creatures you control with shadow get +1/+1.
2/2

Scavenging Spike is too complex to be a common, but its rate is too awful to be uncommon. 4 mana (multicolor at that!) for a 1/1? And I have to put another CD and have a creature or PW in a gy to make it even a 2/2? 6 mana for a 2/2? This one is not hitting modern design balance imo.

Squall Drake is decent - though a bit outclassed on average even by colorless cards like Snare Thopter in recent years. But depending on how UR plays in the remake of the set, it can work.

Walker In Twilight is one I can definitely get behind as a build-around. Just a good old fashioned lord that sticks you in an archetype and gives you direction for your draft.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
From "Phyrexia: all will be one." The last time that we went time travelled to a past event hundreds or thousands of years ago to a battle between two brothers that changed the fate of a plane, we ended up with a changed timeline. These cards spin off from that idea, taking established signpost uncommons and compleating them.

compleated reef 1UG
Creature - Phyrexian Elemental
Whenever this or another phyrexian enters the battlefield under your control, look at the top card of your library. If it's a land, you may reveal it and put that card onto the battlefield tapped. If you don't reveal the card, you may put it on the top or bottom of your library, and put a +1/+1 counter on target creature you control.
Spreading the oil of the great machine as it walks ashore.
1/1

Walking lance 1br
Artifact - Equipment
Living weapon
Equipped creature gets +2/+2
equip phyrexian 2
equip 3

"A traditional lance is fine for the mother of machines, but against the fleshy hordes, you need a nastier bite."
—Kenver, Phyrexian weaponsmith

Hero of the machine 1RW
Enchantment Creature - Phyrexian Soldier
When this creature enters the battlefield, create a 1/1 black phyrexian creature token.
Whenever you cast a spell that targets hero of the machine, target creature you control gets +1/+0 and gains infect until end of turn.
Heroic deeds serve the machine.
2/2

join the machine gw
Sorcery
Create 2 1/1 black phyrexian creature tokens.
flashback 3GW
In the machine, no one goes into the dark alone.

Drown in oil ub
Instant
choose 1 -
Counter target spell with mana value less than the number of poison counters on its controller
target creature gets -1/-1 for each poison counter on its controller.
Lochmere is no more or less dangerous now that its deep waters have been suffused with phyrexian oil.

IIW: Planeswalker vacations after beating Phyrexia. OR Unfinity.
This is a handful, let's see:

Compleated Reef is a solid riff. I like the change from drawing to +1/+1 counter from a play perspective. Though in a Phyrexian set I usually expect -1/-1 counters not +1/+1. It also makes this card feel much less blue and much more green.

Walking Lance is okay, but it's something I'd expect to see at common (though I'd have said the same thing about Steelclaw Lance too honestly).

Hero of the Machine is weird to me; I've never been a fan of the cards that "sometimes infect." Mixing infect and normal damage is just so suboptimal, and the gameplay feels so bad when you lose with an opponent at like 8 poison and 3 life.

Join the Machine is fine, but nothing new :+1:

Now Drown in Oil is one that I like quite a bit. This could definitely add the "or equal" to the counterspell option. But that aside, this is 100% something I could see getting printed if we catch another infect set. Good card, and I appreciate the flavor text.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Licker Drake
1{U}{B}{R}
Creature - Zombie Drake Horror (U)
Flying, haste
At the beginning of combat on your turn, if a creature died this turn, Licker Drake gains double strike until end of turn.
2/2

IIW: Grixis drake
I had to google to see why this is called a Licker :P
Pretty solid design I'd expect from a set with some 3 color limited backing. I think this is a card that could see solid draft play, and casuals would probably like too.
winrar & next
Show
Hide
Juancu wins the draft! (despite how I dislike the iiw :dizzy: )
hm: chetoos for Drown in Oil

next = stickers

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Mom's Delicious Potstickers 1
Artifact — Food {U}
2, T, Sacrifice Mom's Delicious Potstickers: You gain 3 life.
MEG

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

wonderful wrote:
1 year ago
Scavenging Spike is too complex to be a common, but its rate is too awful to be uncommon. 4 mana (multicolor at that!) for a 1/1? And I have to put another CD and have a creature or PW in a gy to make it even a 2/2? 6 mana for a 2/2? This one is not hitting modern design balance imo.

Squall Drake is decent - though a bit outclassed on average even by colorless cards like Snare Thopter in recent years. But depending on how UR plays in the remake of the set, it can work.

Walker In Twilight is one I can definitely get behind as a build-around. Just a good old fashioned lord that sticks you in an archetype and gives you direction for your draft.
Yeah, the spike should probably be cheaper and enter with two counters. But it does remove from *any* graveyard, not just yours, which can be quite powerful. Particularly in a format that would have a buyback raise dead (and probably a buyback zombify as well).

The drake is pretty much a 2/1 flying, haste, with the usually UR power/toughness booster from spells. Which is a pretty common archetype for the color combo. Compare to relatively recent UR uncommon drakes, and it becomes quite apparent. The CC should probably be 1UR instead of 2UR. But in a format with many cheap spells in both colors, such as Shock, Kindle, Shadow Rift, and Tidal Surge, not even accounting for buyback, I erred on the side of caution.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

This is a Stick-Up 2G
Sorcery (U)
Remove a sticker that costs two tickets or less from target creature you don't control and put it on target creature you control. Then those creatures fight.
When the creature you don't control that fought this way dies this turn, you get two tickets, then you may put a sticker on a creature you control.

The sticker icon doesn't appear to be in the editor yet.

IIW: 1 (one) marquee mythic for a Universes Beyond product you'd like to see.
Last edited by Cythare 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

CunningGabe

Post by CunningGabe » 1 year ago

Sticky Situation U
Instant (U)
Exchange all stickers on two target creatures you control.

______ Spikes 1R
Creature - Wall (C)
Defender
When this creature enters the battlefield, you may put a name sticker on it.
This creature's power is equal to the number of spikes among letters in name stickers on it. (The letters A, v, and V have one spike, and w, W, and M have two spikes.)
0/3

IIW: D&D
Winner of August '22 DCC and September '22 NCED

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

CunningGabe wrote:
1 year ago
This creature's power is equal to the number of spikes among letters in name stickers on it. (The letters A, v, and V have one spike, and w, W, and M have two spikes.)
this is the kind of innovative design space this game needs
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

Benevolent Ticket Counter 2GW
Artifact Creature - Robot Clown
Stickers you choose to apply cost [sym=ticket] less to apply.
2Gw, : You may put a sticker on a nonland permanent you own.
"CHILD DESIRES PLUSH AJANI TOY, DESPITE INSUFFICIENT TICKETS. WILL RING UP AS STICKY HAND TOY. ENJOY TOY, CHILD."
3/3

IIW: Planeswalker vacations after beating phyrexia or more unfinity.

Cythare
Say You'll Dismember Me

Post by Cythare » 1 year ago

Sticker Shock 2R
Sorcery (U)
You may put a sticker on a creature you control.
Sticker Shock deals X damage to target creature or planeswalker, where X is the number of stickers on permanents you control.

IIW: A two-mana uncommon
Level 2 Judge circa 2016
Draft my cube! (630 cards)

Sporegorger_Dragon

[Fragrant] [Nepenthes] Pitcher-Plant
4{G}
Creature - Plant (U)
1[TIX] Reach
2[TIX] When this creature dies, you gain 3 life.
4/5

[Orange] [Spotted] Moth
2{B}
Creature - Insect (U)
2[TIX] Flying
3[TIX] Undying
1/2

[Sailfin] [Muck] Fish
3{U}
Creature - Fish
1[TIX] Skulk
3[TIX] Ward {2}
1/4

-Sticker creatures are creature cards that can double as sticker sheets.
-The first two words in the name are removable stickers; the third word is not, so it retains a name even after all stickers are removed.
-Each comes with two abilities that are removable as stickers.
-The power/toughness is fixed, not removable.
-As you remove stickers, the creature lose the respective words/abilities.

-Each creature has two random art stickers in its art.
-Each creature also has a smaller version of itself in its artwork as a removable art sticker.
-This is so that even when all art stickers are removed, there is still art of the creature left on the card.

-The stickers are all randomized, except for certain abilities that show up only on certain creatures.

-You can either choose them as one of your starting sticker sheets, or add them to your deck as usual. Note that if put in the deck, they still follow deckbuilding rules; the creature must conform to the color identity (if Commander) and 4-of rule.
-However, note that each variation on the name counts as a different name, so you can have 4 copies of [Sour] [Jungle] Moth and 4 copies of [Tacky] [Grumpy] Moth
-If you do add them to your deck, you can't use their stickers unless they are in your hand or a public zone (battlefield/graveyard/exile).
-If the creature is in your hand, when you want to use one of its stickers, you must reveal the card as you do so.
-When stickers are removed from a permanent (like if it is put into the library), you return them to the creature card that supplied the sticker provided it is in one of the aforementioned zones. If not, the stickers are placed on an outside sheet.

Possible names:

Rotten
Fuzzy
Tropical

Stinky
Gold
Swamp

Supervillain
Faerie

Gizzard
Lumpy
Alien

Jungle
Sour
Soft-Shelled

Low-Fat
Tacky
Fungoid

Grumpy
Slushy
Parasite

Possible art stickers:
Note that each creature also has a smaller version of itself as a removable sticker, for a total of three art stickers per card.

Butterfly
Round colorful spotted fruit

Ooze/Slime
Saproling

Nautilus
Jellybean

Dirty sock
Tadpole

Flower
Clown ice-cream

Helicopter/thopter
Sea anemone

Mango
Mustache

Peach
Ice pop

Bucket and mop
Balloons

Frying pan
Centipede

Durian
Pirate Hat

Chef's Hat
Dragon Plushie

Possible abilities:
Note that some abilities only show up on certain cards.
Each creature has one ability sticker that costs 1-2 [TIX] and one that costs 3 or more.

1 Ticket:
=======
Reach
==================
Skulk (Fish, Moth only)
=======================
T: Add one mana of any color.
============================================================
{1}: This permanent becomes the color or colors of your choice until end of turn.
============================================================

2 Tickets:
========
Dethrone
==================
Flying (Fish, Moth only)
========================================================================================
Whenever this permanent enters the battlefield or dies, create a 1/1 red Balloon creature token with flying. (Fish, Moth only)
========================================================================================
Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may draw a card.
=============================================================
When this creature dies, you gain 3 life. (Moth, Pitcher-Plant only)
========================================================
{1}, {T}: Create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token. (Pitcher-Plant only)

3 Tickets:
========
Persist
========
Undying
========
Ward {2}
This card has unearth. The unearth cost is equal to its mana cost plus {1}.
======================================================================================
This card has escape. The escape cost is equal to its mana cost plus exile three other cards from your graveyard.
======================================================================================
When this permanent dies, create a Food token for each sticker and counter it had. (Moth, Pitcher-Plant only)
===================================================================================

4 Tickets:
=================================================================
When this permanent dies, target player draws two cards and loses 2 life. (Moth only)
=================================================================

5 Tickets:
=======

Myriad
==========================================================================
At the beginning of your upkeep, create a 1/1 green Saproling creature token. (Pitcher-Plant only)
==========================================================================
This card has encore. The encore cost is equal to its mana cost plus {3}.
======================================================

IIW: Grixis Drake

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 1 year ago

Stickler for Quality 3G
Creature - Human Employee (R)
When Stickler for Quality enters the battlefield, you gain one ticket.
1, T: Remove a sticker from a creature you control: You may put a sticker onto that creature with ticket cost one higher, without paying its ticket cost.
The truly great stickers are not made, but grown. Or at least birthed in a pod.
2/4

IIW: Swords and/or axes

Sporegorger_Dragon

Pitching Pitcher-Plant
2{G}
Creature - Plant (U)
When Pitching Pitcher-Plant enters the battlefield, create a 0/3 green Plant creature token with defender named Catcher-Plant, then you may put an art sticker on either one.
Whenever you put an art sticker or a counter on Pitching Pitcher-Plant, you may put a sticker or a +1/+1 counter on a permanent you own named Catcher-Plant.
Whenever a permanent you own named Catcher-Plant leaves the battlefield, you may put any of its stickers and counters on Pitching Pitcher-Plant.
2/2
Every pitcher needs a catcher.

Piantasso, Nepenthes Artist
{B}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Plant Artist (M)
Whenever Piantasoo, Nepenthes Artist or another nontoken creature with a pitcher-plant in its art enters the battlefield, create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the number of creatures you control with a pitcher-plant in their art plus the number of creature cards in your graveyard with a pitcher-plant in their art.
, {T}: You may put an art sticker on a creature you own or a creature card in your graveyard.
1/2

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Judgings
Show
Hide
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Mom's Delicious Potstickers 1
Artifact — Food {U}
2, T, Sacrifice Mom's Delicious Potstickers: You gain 3 life.
I'm also afraid to google potstickers.
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
This is a Stick-Up 2G
Sorcery (U)
Remove a sticker that costs two tickets or less from target creature you don't control and put it on target creature you control. Then those creatures fight.
When the creature you don't control that fought this way dies this turn, you get two tickets, then you may put a sticker on a creature you control.
Mmm, can you fight a creature with no cheap stickers ? I'd say yes. If so, the card is pretty powerful even without the second part... it's alreadt a swing of 4 stickers and two "puttings." Plus the fact that the fight is easier to win after that swing.
CunningGabe wrote:
1 year ago
Sticky Situation U
Instant (U)
Exchange all stickers on two target creatures you control.

______ Spikes 1R
Creature - Wall (C)
Defender
When this creature enters the battlefield, you may put a name sticker on it.
0/3
The first one feels too situational to include in any deck. The second is a slam dunk. If spikes are angles less than 90°, Z, z and N should have two as well. Maybe it should onyl count the first letters to make it easier to count and to discount non-capitals.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Benevolent Ticket Counter 2GW
Artifact Creature - Robot Clown
Stickers you choose to apply cost [sym=ticket] less to apply.
2Gw, : You may put a sticker on a nonland permanent you own.
"CHILD DESIRES PLUSH AJANI TOY, DESPITE INSUFFICIENT TICKETS. WILL RING UP AS STICKY HAND TOY. ENJOY TOY, CHILD."
3/3
I like it, but depending on the rarity, I'd make the second ability give at least one ticket, so I could include this cool card in my non-sticker caring deck (in limited.)
Cythare wrote:
1 year ago
Sticker Shock 2R
Sorcery (U)
You may put a sticker on a creature you control.
Sticker Shock deals X damage to target creature or planeswalker, where X is the number of stickers on permanents you control.
I like it, but maybe a common would be better, I hate opening uncommons in my colors that I can't play because they have an extra condition (having ticket cards.)
Sporegorger's Ticket creatures
Show
Hide
1 year ago
[Fragrant] [Nepenthes] Pitcher-Plant
4{G}
Creature - Plant (U)
1[TIX] Reach
2[TIX] When this creature dies, you gain 3 life.
4/5

[Orange] [Spotted] Moth
2{B}
Creature - Insect (U)
2[TIX] Flying
3[TIX] Undying
1/2

[Sailfin] [Muck] Fish
3{U}
Creature - Fish
1[TIX] Skulk
3[TIX] Ward {2}
1/4

-Sticker creatures are creature cards that can double as sticker sheets.
-The first two words in the name are removable stickers; the third word is not, so it retains a name even after all stickers are removed.
-Each comes with two abilities that are removable as stickers.
-The power/toughness is fixed, not removable.
-As you remove stickers, the creature lose the respective words/abilities.

-Each creature has two random art stickers in its art.
-Each creature also has a smaller version of itself in its artwork as a removable art sticker.
-This is so that even when all art stickers are removed, there is still art of the creature left on the card.

-The stickers are all randomized, except for certain abilities that show up only on certain creatures.

-You can either choose them as one of your starting sticker sheets, or add them to your deck as usual. Note that if put in the deck, they still follow deckbuilding rules; the creature must conform to the color identity (if Commander) and 4-of rule.
-However, note that each variation on the name counts as a different name, so you can have 4 copies of [Sour] [Jungle] Moth and 4 copies of [Tacky] [Grumpy] Moth
-If you do add them to your deck, you can't use their stickers unless they are in your hand or a public zone (battlefield/graveyard/exile).
-If the creature is in your hand, when you want to use one of its stickers, you must reveal the card as you do so.
-When stickers are removed from a permanent (like if it is put into the library), you return them to the creature card that supplied the sticker provided it is in one of the aforementioned zones. If not, the stickers are placed on an outside sheet.
This is a super cool idea, but you lost me at the wall of rules. Plus, I don't see how you could include extra thick cards in your deck. Also, if cards have random stickers, couldn't you mix and match (cheatingly) before the games? Here is an idea to make it a lot simpler:

[Ugly] Plant [Monster] 8GG
Sticker Creature
(Start the game with 3 life less. You may cast sticker creature cards.)
[2 tix] Deathtouch
[4tix] Lifelink, Vigilance
[3 tix] 3/4

But here's the kicker: Under "Deathtouch" there's "This costs 2 less", under the next, "This costs 2G less." and under [3/4], there's [6/6].

NinjaCaterpie wrote:
1 year ago
Stickler for Quality 3G
Creature - Human Employee (R)
When Stickler for Quality enters the battlefield, you gain one ticket.
1, T: Remove a sticker from a creature you control: You may put a sticker onto that creature with ticket cost one higher, without paying its ticket cost.
The truly great stickers are not made, but grown. Or at least birthed in a pod.
2/4
Hmm I think this needs a sorcery restriction beacuse it makes combat a huge decision tree in some games. Other than that, I wonder if destickied stickers include their costs? Otherwise, referencing a lot.
1 year ago
Pitching Pitcher-Plant
2{G}
Creature - Plant (U)
When Pitching Pitcher-Plant enters the battlefield, create a 0/3 green Plant creature token with defender named Catcher-Plant, then you may put an art sticker on either one.
Whenever you put an art sticker or a counter on Pitching Pitcher-Plant, you may put a sticker or a +1/+1 counter on a permanent you own named Catcher-Plant.
Whenever a permanent you own named Catcher-Plant leaves the battlefield, you may put any of its stickers and counters on Pitching Pitcher-Plant.
2/2
Every pitcher needs a catcher.

Piantasso, Nepenthes Artist
{B}{G}{U}
Legendary Creature - Plant Artist (M)
Whenever Piantasoo, Nepenthes Artist or another nontoken creature with a pitcher-plant in its art enters the battlefield, create an X/X black, green, and blue Plant creature token named Nepenthes Pitcher-Plant, where X is the number of creatures you control with a pitcher-plant in their art plus the number of creature cards in your graveyard with a pitcher-plant in their art.
, {T}: You may put an art sticker on a creature you own or a creature card in your graveyard.
1/2
I found hard to parse these. I wonder if we could have a word like 'depicting' to save words... then again "with _ in their art" is pretty short... but the constant sentence parsing gets tiring.
Winner and Next
Show
Hide
HM: Sporegorger Dragon for sticker creatures.
Winner: CunningGabe
Next: D&D

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

D&D, as in Dungeons and Dragons? Now this is something I can contribute to.

Kobold Miner 2R
Creature - Kobold (C)
2R, T: Create a treasure token.
"Many people believe that dwarves or gnomes are the best miners, they are quite mistaken"
1/1
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Kobolds in D&D are canonically the best at digging for wealth and minerals. Have been since first edition.
Kobold Trapmaker 1R
Creature - Kobold Rogue (U)
1R, T: Roll a d20.
1 - 15: Kobold Trapmaker deals 1 damage to target attacking creature.
16+: Kobold Trapmaker deals 2 damage to target attacking creature.
1/2

Kobold Tunneler 1R
Creature - Kobold (U)
When Kobold Tunneler enters the battlefield, target creature with power 2 or less becomes unblockable until end of turn.
2/1

Kobold Hatchery 1R
Enchantment (R)
1R, tap two untapped Kobold creatures you control without summoning sickness: Create a 0/1 red Kobold creature token. Play this ability only if you could play a sorcery.

Kobold Dragonpriest 2R
Creature - Kobold Cleric (R)
Whenever you cast a dragon spell, create a 0/1 red Kobold creature token.
T: roll a d20.
1 - 14: Add C to your mana pool. This mana may only be used to cast Kobold and Dragon spells.
15+: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. This mana may only be used to cast Kobold and Dragon spells.
1/3

Adult Brown Dragon 4RR
Creature - Dragon (R)
Flying
When Adult Brown Dragon enters the battlefield, if you cast it from exile, it deals damage to target creature equal to the number of Deserts you control.
5/4
///
Desertification 1G
Sorcery - Adventure (R)
Search your library for a Desert and put it onto the battlefield tapped.
SPOILER
Show
Hide
Brown dragons, also called Sand Dragons are a species of chromatic dragon that dwell in deserts. They were introduced as Sand Dragons in 3rd edition, and became chromatic dragons in fourth.
Orcus, Demon Lord of Undeath 4BBBB
Legendary Creature - Demon (M)
Trample, Flying
When Orcus, Demon Lord of Undeath dies, return it to the battlefield flipped.
Whenever one or more creatures you control attack a player, roll a d20.
1-14: Create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token.
15+: Create a 2/2 black Vampire creature token with flying.
6/6
///
Tenebrous
Legendary Creature - Zombie Demon (M) (black color identity)
At the beginning of each players upkeep, that player sacrifices a nonundead creature. (skeletons, specters, vampires, and zombies are undead).
Whenever a nonundead creature dies, create a 2/2 black Zombie creature token
When Tenebrous dies, return it to the battlefield flipped.
"I will be the last creature when I am done. The cosmos will then be perfect, free of the braying abominations that are all other living things." - Orcus.
4/4

Last edited by Krishnath 1 year ago, edited 1 time in total.

Megiddo
MEG

re: stickers

happy designing, folks
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
I'm also afraid to google potstickers.
Don't worry, potsticker is a steam-fried dumpling.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Also, if cards have random stickers, couldn't you mix and match (cheatingly) before the games?
Well, you can't do that; with the official sheets you can't customize a sticker sheet, and neither can you do so with the sticker creatures. Also there are restrictions as illustrated in the brackets; a Pitcher-Plant sticker creature can't show up with a flying sticker.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
I found hard to parse these.
1-When Pitching Pitcher-Plant enters play, make Catcher-Plant. (Playing catch.)
2-When you put a sticker/counter on Pitcher, put a sticker/counter on Catcher. (Pitcher throws to catcher.)
3-When Catcher dies, put its stickers/counters on Pitcher. (Catcher throws back to pitcher.)

EDIT: You're right, though. Really difficult to word seemingly simple concepts.

Megiddo
MEG

The Broken King 2WU
Legendary Creature — Human Noble {R}
When The Broken King enters the battlefield, you become the monarch.
Will of the council — If another player would become the monarch, instead, starting with you, each player votes for challenger or incumbent. If challenger gets more votes, that player becomes the monarch. If incumbent gets more votes or the vote is tied, you remain the monarch.
2/4

IIW: Squirrels in the walls
MEG

Sporegorger_Dragon

Gas Spore
2{B}{B}
Creature - Fungus (R)
Flying
When Gas Spore dies, all non-Fungus non-Saproling creatures get -1/-1 until end of turn. Whenever a non-Fungus non-Saproling creature dies this turn, create a tapped 1/1 green Saproling creature token.
3/1

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Multiclass Paragon 1W
Creature- Human Rogue Warrior Wizard (R)
When you gain a level in a class, put a +1/+1 counter on Multiclass Paragon.
X,T: Search your library for a Class card with mana value X or less, and put it on the battlefield. Then shuffle.
2/2

IIW: The year is 2000.

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

Unearthed Arcana 1UR
Intant (R)
Choose target spell or nonland permanent. You may reveal a card you own from outside the game with the same mana value as the target. If you do, counter or destroy the target and its controller may cast a copy of the revealed card without paying its mana cost.

Choose one :
Be Advised - Investigate.
Be Ready - Untap target creature.
Be Back - Choose target creature card you own in exile. Put it on top of your library.
Ritual Casting (then if it's your first main phase, you may end the turn and draw a card.)

IIW: trash
Last edited by Juancu 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.

Megiddo
MEG

@CunningGabe judge!
MEG

CunningGabe

Post by CunningGabe » 1 year ago

I can judge in a few hours. Last call for Dungeons and/or Dragons!
Winner of August '22 DCC and September '22 NCED

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 1 year ago

An eternal-legal card for unfinity 2:

Escape Room Enthusiast 1BR
Creature — Human Rogue Guest (uncommon)
Escape Room Enthusiast can't block.
Whenever Escape Room Enthusiast attacks, sacrifice a creature.
At the beginning of the end step, if a creature you controlled died this turn, venture into the dungeon.
"This place is so realistic! I swear, it's just like Fred really vanished into a pile of ash just now! ... Fred?"
4/4

IIW: the gym

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”