[Off-Topic] Community Chat Thread

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 4 years ago

I did a thing! :grin: Not the greatest picture due to weird lighting angle, but I'm still proud. It's hand embroidery, for those curious.
SPOILER
Show
Hide

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

[mention]Airi[/mention] cool, do you do much of that stuff or was this a one off thing?
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Airi
Queen of Salt

ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
Airi cool, do you do much of that stuff or was this a one off thing?
I did a ton of it in high school, this was my first big project since picking it back up, so hopefully tons more in the future ^.^

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Post by SocorroTortoise » 4 years ago

That's pretty cool. It looks like it would take about a million years.
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

Airi
Queen of Salt

It took me about 8 months? It normally should have only taken 2-3, but I did a dumb when I started it. The fabric I'm using is like, antiqued and it's pretty fragile. I should have put a backing on it before I started stitching it, and didn't. So there was a lot of months worth of covertly repairing small tears in it.

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit

Post by vandertroll » 4 years ago

Probably not the best place to post this, but I just read WotC's state of the beta for Arena. Man they are trying hard to piss off as many ppl as possible :D
Ertai, Wizard Adept counts as a Wizard.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

vandertroll wrote:
4 years ago
Probably not the best place to post this, but I just read WotC's state of the beta for Arena. Man they are trying hard to piss off as many ppl as possible :D
Do you have a link for that or are you talking about the statement about historic where they talked about it beign 2 wild cards per craft for historic stuff?
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 4 years ago

We need to use the word Spicy more just for [mention]cryogen[/mention]
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 4 years ago

So I casually popped by MTGS to peruse the news, but man the edh forum feels dead. I'm happy we all left and our new home is growing great, but I can't help but cringe at the desiccated corpse of the former social hub. I didn't like MTGS all the time, but I never wanted to see its eyes bulging from inane posts/questions while choking itself purple on necro'd threads.

Sad sight, man.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
4 years ago
So I casually popped by MTGS to peruse the news, but man the edh forum feels dead. I'm happy we all left and our new home is growing great, but I can't help but cringe at the desiccated corpse of the former social hub. I didn't like MTGS all the time, but I never wanted to see its eyes bulging from inane posts/questions while choking itself purple on necro'd threads.

Sad sight, man.
Noticed this too. It's a bit of a bummer, for sure.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

bobthefunny
Resident Plainswalker

Post by bobthefunny » 4 years ago

It's not THAT bad. There's one necro thread, which is left up as new discussion sprouted from it that is currently relevant due to the new B/R commanders.

Naturally what's left is very different though. The Community is certainly gone, as anyone invested has moved over here. What's left is that MTGS is still the top, or among the top results for Commander discussion forums, so what we get is a lot of people searching for quick answers, or perusing ideas and discussions. It's a different experience, for sure, but it's not a bad one. Eventually, most of those users should migrate over here, and then MTGS will get to drift off to slumber.

It'll probably last until MTGS drops down the google indexing due to hits/use, and MTGN rises. Until then, it's still alive, just a different beast.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

Hermes_ wrote:
4 years ago
We need to use the word Spicy more just for cryogen
"Need" is a strong word.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 4 years ago

bobthefunny wrote:
4 years ago
It's not THAT bad. There's one necro thread, which is left up as new discussion sprouted from it that is currently relevant due to the new B/R commanders.

Naturally what's left is very different though. The Community is certainly gone, as anyone invested has moved over here. [...]
Sorry, I know I am given to hyperbole and in no way seek to diminish your years of honorable service over on MTGS, but the community was the reason to login every day to read/contribute/care IMHO. Just feels like an empty room without everybody there.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 4 years ago

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Hermes_ wrote:
4 years ago
We need to use the word Spicy more just for cryogen
"Need" is a strong word.
We should?
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit

ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
vandertroll wrote:
4 years ago
Do you have a link for that or are you talking about the statement about historic where they talked about it beign 2 wild cards per craft for historic stuff?
I am talking about the historic debacle! Seeing lots of rage in reddit - even some petitions - and various fb groups.

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 4 years ago

vandertroll wrote:
4 years ago
I am talking about the historic debacle! Seeing lots of rage in reddit - even some petitions - and various fb groups.
Some people just enjoy being angry. Particularly if they feel it's righteous fury. Historic is fine.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit

tstorm823 wrote:
4 years ago
vandertroll wrote:
4 years ago
Some people just enjoy being angry. Particularly if they feel it's righteous fury. Historic is fine.
Generally I agree with that statment, especially online. But I think that the majority of criticism is fair. Having to spend 2 WC for a format which, if i understood correctly, will not have ranked matches throughout the season is a little.. lame. Personally, I enjoy playing Standard on Arena because I don't have to buy all these needless cards.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

vandertroll wrote:
4 years ago
Yea, its kind of %$#%. I have been going in with the standpoint that I will maintain a large collection from the get go so I can deckbuild more fluidly so its really not that big of a deal for me because I usually buy enough of every set that I have most everything filled in. It does mean that I need to craft a few things before rotation though.

I really do want a slower modern type format that has less efficient combo / big mana. I just don't particularly like this current standard where we are right now which is a bit unfortunate starting historic off.

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit

ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
vandertroll wrote:
4 years ago
Yea, its kind of %$#%. I have been going in with the standpoint that I will maintain a large collection from the get go so I can deckbuild more fluidly so its really not that big of a deal for me because I usually buy enough of every set that I have most everything filled in. It does mean that I need to craft a few things before rotation though.

I really do want a slower modern type format that has less efficient combo / big mana. I just don't particularly like this current standard where we are right now which is a bit unfortunate starting historic off.
They also said that they plan on adding few cards from Magic's history (Modern I guess) into arena historic. I don't think that this will end well :cool:

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

vandertroll wrote:
4 years ago
They also said that they plan on adding few cards from Magic's history (Modern I guess) into arena historic. I don't think that this will end well :cool:
Yea, I guess I will see how that goes when they implement it. Their initial suggestions of what they might add concern me a bit so I will judge it after they do it I suppose. Its unfortunate that all of the cards they introduce to the format might all cost 2 wildcards each. I guess we will see if there is some way to purchase them rather than just crafting them.

I feel like everything is still kind of up in the air so I will wait until its here to judge it. Also, it sounds like the first wave of new cards will not come until a halfway between the set releases. From that perspective it will liven arena up and give it some life between normal set releases where I can shift to Historic.

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit

I've also managed to kinda ''break'' omniscience draft with good decks and converted lots of gold to gems (I am f2p). Then I decided to buy the mastery pass. I'm level 75 and boy those rewards were so many! I don't know if I'd spend actual money to buy it on the start of the season though. Did you try it?

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

vandertroll wrote:
4 years ago
I've also managed to kinda ''break'' omniscience draft with good decks and converted lots of gold to gems (I am f2p). Then I decided to buy the mastery pass. I'm level 75 and boy those rewards were so many! I don't know if I'd spend actual money to buy it on the start of the season though. Did you try it?
I grumpily go on and off playing arena lol. I just spend money because I refuse to spend my time assuming I am not having fun. I like owning a big collection but I get REALLY sick of all the netdecks. I know that other people also do some deck creation but its hard to test new decks when you play against the same 6 decks repeatedly. I think I only made it to like rank 20 or something of the pass which is why I never bought it. I played for like two weeks of the entire M2020 season and entirely skipped playing through War of the Spark (I still think planeswalkers as cards are the worst thing to ever happen to magic).

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit

ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
vandertroll wrote:
4 years ago
(I still think planeswalkers as cards are the worst thing to ever happen to magic).
You're officially my favorite MTGNexus user.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

vandertroll wrote:
4 years ago
ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
vandertroll wrote:
4 years ago
(I still think planeswalkers as cards are the worst thing to ever happen to magic).
You're officially my favorite MTGNexus user.
I know a lot of people disagree with me and they like them. In my mind though they slow games down and give incentive to kill spell / wrath all the time. They make control decks more tedious to play against and give more incentive to build the just go face burn decks. Most of this doesn't transfer to commander which is why I like this format because walkers are much harder to defend and keep up but man I really hate walkers.

75chan
Shoegaze ♥
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by 75chan » 4 years ago

I don't mind walkers in constructed (espcecially EDH), but I very much prefer drafting where there are no walkers.
I swap decks a lot
wr Avacyn with defensive blinking
ur OG Jhoira spellslinger without MLD or eldrazi
and some other stuff that are more or less messy

Best card

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”