Is MTGO still a thing?

Gaea's Regent
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Gaea's Regent » 3 years ago

I haven't touched Magic in ages and was planning on downloading MTGO again, but I remember not being able to get into a game a while ago (probably why I gave up returning to the game last time). Everyone's on Arena now, I guess, but I miss playing with my crazy casual decks from back in the day, so I'm not very enthusiastic about it.

So, who even plays MTGO anymore?
From Gaea grew the world, and the world was silent. From Gaea grew the world’s elves, and the world was silent no more. —Elvish teaching

:) :) :) :) :halo: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :halo: :) :cussing: :) :) :halo: :) :cussing:

WizardMN
Answers: 124

Post by WizardMN » 3 years ago

I guess it depends on the format. EDH/Commander, for example, still has quite a few people that play. That is what I play on MTGO since I can't play it on Arena (and I stopped playing Arena for a while anyway).

Formats like Modern probably still get enough people but something like Standard or even limited (with Standard sets anyway) might not. Pioneer, I have heard, isn't doing too well and I don't think Brawl ever really fires.

So, as long as you want to play Vintage, Legacy, Modern (maybe), EDH, or things like Vintage Cube, you should be able to find people on MTGO. Standard, Pioneer, and possibly Draft are less likely to fire though I am sure people are still on there trying.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

Modern queues on MTGO are still quite full. Pioneer was quite dad from what I heard, unless it changed since the recent bans. MTGO is basically the only way to play legacy and vintage unless you have a dedicated group in your area

onering
Answers: 1
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by onering » 2 years ago

WizardMN wrote:
3 years ago
I guess it depends on the format. EDH/Commander, for example, still has quite a few people that play. That is what I play on MTGO since I can't play it on Arena (and I stopped playing Arena for a while anyway).

Formats like Modern probably still get enough people but something like Standard or even limited (with Standard sets anyway) might not. Pioneer, I have heard, isn't doing too well and I don't think Brawl ever really fires.

So, as long as you want to play Vintage, Legacy, Modern (maybe), EDH, or things like Vintage Cube, you should be able to find people on MTGO. Standard, Pioneer, and possibly Draft are less likely to fire though I am sure people are still on there trying.
Draft fires pretty often. The actual drafts (8 man pods, play 3 rounds) fire fairly reliably, and the leagues fire pretty constantly. With Vintage Legacy and Modern you can find a game easily enough, and if your looking for 60 card casual that's usually going to be vinatge or legacy. Standard is less often because Arena provides that and Standard casual is dead like IRL. EDH always fires. I rarely have to wait even 5 minutes from making a table, and people who play cEDH type it in the room description so its easy to find or avoid depending on what you want.

gedca
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by gedca » 2 years ago

I do a lot of those 2 man 2 tix 1 round tournaments. I rarely have to wait more than a minute for someone else to join.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 1 year ago

I tried ,my first vintage cube draft a few months ago and really enjoy that. I just don't play it as much as I'd like

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Other Magic Products”