NEXUS FLAMINGO ☆ Exclusively For Custom Card Connoisseurs and Gnomes

Megiddo
MEG
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Megiddo » 1 year ago

Fivey Fox 2U
Legendary Creature — Fox Advisor {R}
Whenever a player rolls a die, predict the result. If you're right, draw a card. Otherwise, scry 1, then adjust your model (Next time you predict a result, guess a range of results that's one bigger than the last time you predicted.)
2/2

IIW: Compleat a Planeswalker that you really don't want to see compleated
MEG

OneAndOnly
Pronoun: he / him

Post by OneAndOnly » 1 year ago

So, when I put this criteria up, I was originally thinking of Classic Disney -- y'know, Mickey Mouse and Snow White and the Mouseketeers. And then, I remember than Disney also owns (sigh) Star Wars and Marvel and half a million other IPs, and then I thought (because my mindis like this) that it'd be hilarious to have a Universe Beyond that, itself, has a Universe Beyond in it.

I am perhaps the only person in the Northern Hemisphere to feel this way. Welcome to my TED Talk.
Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
1 year ago
Donald, Royal Mage
1{U}{R}
Legendary Creature - Bird Wizard (M)
When Donald, Royal Mage enters the battlefield, exile target instant or sorcery card from your graveyard until Donald leaves the battlefield. You may cast that card for as long as it remains exiled.
4{U}{R}{R}, T, Sacrifice Donald, Royal Mage: Discard your hand, then draw that many cards. When you do, Donald deals damage equal to the number of cards in your hand to any target.
1/1
"WAUgHG W@AH WAuH Wahh WA!!"

Goofy, Loyal Shieldknight
1{W}{G}
Legendary Creature - Dog Knight (M)
Vigilance
Goofy, Loyal Shieldknight enters the battlefield with a shield counter on it.
{1}: Move a counter from Goofy onto target creature.
1{W}{G}: Adapt 2.
1/4
"YAA-HOO-HOO HOOEY!!"

Sora, Keyblade Hero
1{R}{W}
Legendary Creature - Human Keyblade-User (M)
Haste
{R}{W}: Sora, Keyblade Hero gains flying until end of turn.
Whenever Sora attacks, look at the top five cards of your library. You may reveal a creature card with mana value 3 or less and/or an Equipment card with mana value 3 or less from among them and put them onto the battlefield. Put the rest on the bottom of your library in a random order.
2/2

The Keyblade
Legendary Artifact - Equipment
When The Keyblade enters the battlefield, attach it to target Keyblade-User you control.
The Keyblade can't be attached to non-Keyblade-Users.
Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has double strike, trample, and vigilance.
Equip 2

IIW: Unconventional Oozes.
I want to say Yay Donald Duck! But then I get confused, because I think he changes character and personality the most, depending on his context -- I think he acts differently with Mickey and Minnie (or at least has a different role to play with them) than he does with, say, Huey, Dewey, and Louie. So -- what's the context for being a Royal Duckmage?

I do want to give you a bonus point for getting the flavor text correct.

Goofy also confuses me: What is he, exactly? A dog? A moose? A dogmoose? Has this been canonically decided? It's a cool card, regardless, and a great depiction of the character.

I know Sora and the Keyblade much less. But seem a touch pushed. I get that there are other Keyblade Masters out there, but unless they're all being printed, this could have "Equip target creature named Sora" instead. It seems like you could streamline they attach / can't equip / equip abilities. Also, minus a mickey for not being an Artifact - Key.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Abu, Partner in Crime R
Legendary Creature - Ape Rogue (R)
Human sidekick (If you control Abu and a legendary human, and only one of them would die, you may instead merge it with the other. Keep the human on top. It loses sidekick.)
Whenever a legendary human you control attacks, if it's this creature or a rogue, create a treasure token.
1/1

(Sidekicks are a staple. They would work as an extra life for the protagonists, and they also survive hidden so the ability keeps working, unless it's a board wipe. Abu would work well with Aladdin (a rogue), but if it partners with any other protagonist, the ability starts working for the merged creature.)

IIW: from a game's inventory
Sidekicks seem really cool, and Abu is a great, and readily recognizable, example. In my headcanon Abu is also the monkey from the Pirates of the Caribbean series. Does anybody else feel the same way?

I don't quite get the rules for sidekick -- is this like mutating? Or meld? Or [card = that one other card]Curse of the Fire Penguin[/card]? I'm guessing since it uses "top" it's mostly like mutate, and I wish there were some other way to get the same relationship across.

TEN THOUSAND OF YEN SID'S BROOMS for the callback all the way to Magic's first expansion set!!!! But, unfortunately, minus one broom for not capitalizing Rogue. Sorry, but those are the rules.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Vengeful Sea Witch 3UB
Creature - merfolk octopus
When Vengeful Sea Witch enters the battlefield, sacrifice it unless you put a silence counter on another creature you control.
Creatures you control with silence counters on them lose all abilities and have "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to a player, you may remove a silence counter from this creature."
5/5

Brutish Hunter 3R
Creature - Human Scout
This creature has first strike as long as an opponent controls a 1/1 creature.
4/3
____
Unatainable love 1R
Sorcery - Adventure
Target opponent creates a 1/1 white human creature token. That creature gains "This creature can't block."
Create a treasure token.

Vizier of Lochthwain 2BB
Creature - Human Advisor
As long as an opponent controls a creature you own, this creature has menace and gets +2/+0
2/4
_____
Seek the wonders 2B
Sorcery - Adventure
Exchange control of target artifact you don't control and target creature you control. Both permanents gain "This permanent can't be sacrificed."

Lucky Elephant 2G
Creature - Elephant
Lucky Elephant has flying as long as you control a bird or a feather token.
2, exile a creature card with flying from your graveyard: create a colorless artifact token named "feather" with ", sacrifice this token: scry 1"
3/3

IIW: The wolves are at the door.
What an interesting cross-section of cards. I see you mostly like 90's Disney. Do you prefer Elton John or Phil Collins?

Sea Witch is exceptional, but you too lose a broomstick for failing to capitalize -- is that a symptom of Covid or something? Seems like it's catching.

Gaston and Le Feu are perfect (it makes me want to see Le Feu as a sidekick; see above). But still some typos. It'd be like watching Sinderella or the Loin King -- which seem like Rule 34 Disney or something.

Vizier of Lochthwain is cool and a nice way to tie things to Eldraine. (Eldraisney World?) Maybe Jafar wants to work the other way; "As long as you control a creature an opponent owns..."

Lucky Elephant is also very, very good. The name of the token is very on-the-nose (on the beak?) Dumbo's one of those cartoons that's iconic and mostly delightful yet also has some content that's objectionable today (it was also objectionable back then; just fewer people objected).

Overall, very good and very flavorful!
1 year ago
Dipper Pines
2{U}
Legendary Creature - Human (U)
Partner with Mabel Pines
Skulk
When Dipper Pines enters the battlefield, investigate.
1/1
================
Uncover the Mystery
1{U}
Sorcery - Adventure
Until end of turn, whenever a creature you control deals combat damage to a player, investigate.

Mabel Pines
2{R}
Legendary Creature - Human (U)
Partner with Dipper Pines
Haste
When Mabel Pines enters the battlefield, you may goad target creature.
2/2
============
Feat of Silliness
2{R}
Instant - Adventure
You may discard up to two cards. If you do, draw that many cards.

The Pines Twins
2{U}{R}
Legendary Creature - Human (M)
Double strike
Whenever The Pines Twins attacks and at the beginning of your upkeep, surveil 1.
3{U}{B}{R}, T: If there are exactly thirteen cards in your graveyard, exile The Pines Twins, then return it to the battlefield transformed.
2/4
========
Bill Cipher
Legendary Planeswalker - Cipher (UBR)
-1: Each other player discards a card and you draw a card.
-4: Target player loses 4 life and exiles an artifact, a creature, and a planeswalker they control.
-8: Exile a total of thirteen cards from any number of libraries and/or graveyards. You may play those cards for as long as they remain exiled, and you may spend mana as though it were mana of any color to cast those spells.
<13>

IIW: Unconventional Oozes.
I don't know Gravity Falls at all, so I have to judge these just on their basis as cards. Which is horribly unfair!

I like the curiousity, the taunting, and snarkiness of the cards. The commander/adventure combo is actually pretty brilliant, and transforming into a Planeswalker is nifty, too!
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Fae-Favored Trickster 2G
Creature- Human Rogue (C)
: Fae-Favored Trickster gains flying until end of turn.
1/4
////Young Forever G
Sorery--Adventure
Target player shuffles up to three target cards from their graveyard into their library.
Draw a card.

Awakened Princess 6W
Creature- Human Noble (U)
When Awakened Princess enters the battlefield, gain 5 life, draw 2 cards, and put a +1/+1 counter on each other creature you control.
1/2
//// Vanquish the Dragon 3W
Instant-- Adventure
Destroy target creature with mana value 3 or more.

(Peter Pan and Sleeping Beauty)

IIW: Releasing 2025: War of the Spark 2. After half of all named planeswalkers have been compleated, the ragtag remnants of a Gatewatch strike a deal to release Bolas for a final battle against Phyrexia on Amonkhet.
Sleeping Beauty was pretty easy to get (...ba dum tish?) but oddly, I'd never connected Peter Pan to the fae, and their child-stealing ways, until now. So congratulations on blowing my mind, just with that. The Trickster could use a sidekick -- Tinkerbell, of course.

The Awakened Princess (wow, that's a lot of bennies) could probably be paired with a more flavorful adventure -- something with a crone and an apple? errrr, a spinning wheel? Tawnos's Coffin maybe?

Peter Pan → Pirates of the Caribbean ---> Ixalan? Definitely some interesting crossover possibilities.
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Xenomorph Queen 4UB
Creature - Horror
Menace, Hexproof
Whenever Xenomorph Queen deals combat damage to a player, conjure a Xenomorph Facehugger mutated underneath a creature an opponent controls.
At the end of your turn, create a 0/2 Black Horror Egg creature token with defender and "When this creature blocks a creature, sacrifice it and conjure a Xenomorph Facehugger mutated underneath the blocked creature."
6/4

Xenomorph Facehugger
Creature - Horror
Mutate 1BB
Xenomorph Facehugger can only mutate underneath a creature you don't control.
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a time counter on Xenomorph Facehugger. If that creature has two or more time counters on it, sacrifice it and Xenomorph Facehugger's owner creates a 3/3 blue and black Horror creature token with Menace.
0/0

IIW: Banding is back in the Dominaria United and you are chosen to design the signal post Uncommon for banding.
"Horror" definitely works as the creature type for Aliens. Props for that!

I get that you can conjure virtual cards onto the battlefield, but it still feels better to me as creating tokens. :dizzy:
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Mickey, Monopolist Mouse 1WBR
Legendary Disney Creature- Mouse Praetor (M)
When a permanent becomes Disney, gain control of it.
XX: Target nonland permanent with mana value X becomes Disney.
Tap three untapped Disney permanents you control: Create a Treasure token.
2/7

(this should actually be a mono blue card, but the colors are for flavor)

IIW: The first IIW you posted on Nexus.
Disney as ... a supertype. That's awesome! And very meta. And creating Treasures. Very very meta.

I think the activated ability has to be bumped up in cost (I suggest, Pay one life) -- otherwise it just gobbles up all the tokens. The fact that inevitably it fuels itself with Treasures is ... :shudder:
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Fivey Fox 2U
Legendary Creature — Fox Advisor {R}
Whenever a player rolls a die, predict the result. If you're right, draw a card. Otherwise, scry 1, then adjust your model (Next time you predict a result, guess a range of results that's one bigger than the last time you predicted.)
2/2

IIW: Compleat a Planeswalker that you really don't want to see compleated
Ack, The Rules tell me that the ability can't work as a triggered ability. The "adjust your model" bit is a lot of bookkeeping, and I'm not certain how to interpret it. If my first prediction was 3, the adjusted model is ... 4? 3 - 4? 2 - 4? And if the guess is within the range (but not the precise result), do I draw a card or scry?

THE WINNER IS Juancu and Abu, Partner In Crime. "Sidekick" started informing a lot of my responses, so you can see the appeal of the card and the ability. But be careful, because ten thousand of Yen Sid's brooms is not something you really want.

LET'S DO THINGS AND LET'S GO PLACES: from a game's inventory

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
So -- what's the context for being a Royal Duckmage?
In Kingdom Hearts, Donald and Goofy serve King Mickey as court wizard and loyal knight, respectively. They accompany Sora on his adventures; Donald is a typical magic user who attacks by casting various spells (including healing spells), while Goofy is a physical attacker who uses a shield in battle, rather than a sword.
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

chetoos
Answers: 3

Post by chetoos » 1 year ago

OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
Gaston and Le Feu are perfect (it makes me want to see Le Feu as a sidekick; see above). But still some typos. It'd be like watching Sinderella or the Loin King -- which seem like Rule 34 Disney or something.

Vizier of Lochthwain is cool and a nice way to tie things to Eldraine. (Eldraisney World?) Maybe Jafar wants to work the other way; "As long as you control a creature an opponent owns..."
That's meant to be Belle that the adventure creates, hence why it's unattainable. Le Feu as a sidekick as the above post would be interesting, though.

Jafar's adventure mirrors his original plan from Aladdin: get a guy on your side, then trade his life for a special artifact that you want. I agree that he also does some mind control, but I'm focusing on the original plan to get the lamp.

Sporegorger_Dragon

Post by Sporegorger_Dragon » 1 year ago

Healing Potion
Artifact (C)
As long as your life total is less than or equal to half your starting life total, you may cast this spell without paying its mana cost and as though it had flash.
2, {T}, Sacrifice Healing Potion: You gain 3 life.

This card would come with several artworks and names like the Ikoria Godzilla cards. They would represent different items from different IPs.

Rations (Metal Gear)
Mixed Herbs (from Resident Evil)
First Aid Kit (various, real life)
Heart (Legend of Zelda)
Sitrus Berry (Pokemon)
Estus Flask (Dark Souls)

IIW: Unconventional Oozes
"What's with you and pitcher plants?" -NinjaCaterpie, 27-9-2021

chetoos

Tactics Advance! One of my favorite games from childhood, even if you do have to have several strategy guides open to be optimal in it.

Warrior's first blade 2
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +2/+0
First Aid - Equipped creature, and creatures you control with at least 1 training counter have "Whenever this creature attacks, gain 1 life."
At the beginning of your upkeep, put a training counter on equipped creature.
Equip
Equip Soldier or Warrior

Nosada
Artifact - Equipment
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card and lose 1 life.
Double Sword - Equipped creature, and creatures you control with at least 5 training counters have double strike.
Equip
Equip Ninja or Assassin . If a Ninja or Assassin entered the battlefield under your control this turn, you may activate this ability at any time you could cast an instant.

Madu 2R
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+0
Doublecast - Equipped creature and creatures you control with at least 5 training counters on them have "Whenever you cast a spell that targets only this creature, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy."
Equip 2r
Equip Wizard or Shamanr

Lava Spear 2R
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature has first strike
Fire Breath - Equipped Creature and creatures you control with at least 3 training counters on them have "2R: This creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn."
Equip 2R
Equip Knight R

Godhand 1W
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+0.
Far Fist - Equipped creature and creatures you control with at least 2 training counters on them have ", : This creature deals 2 damage to target creature or planeswalker."
Equip
Equip Monk or Artificer
Another version I thought of to work more how the equipment works in game, but plays much worse
Show
Hide
Warrior's first blade 2
Artifact - Equipment
First Aid Training 1 - Equipped creature gets an additional +0/+2
Equip
Equip Soldier or Warrior
To have access to a training X ability, a creature spends their training counters each turn. Too much bookkeeping for not enough payoff.
Last edited by chetoos 1 year ago, edited 3 times in total.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 1 year ago

chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Tactics Advance! One of my favorite games from childhood, even if you do have to have several strategy guides open to be optimal in it.
I have beaten this game about eight different times.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Megiddo
MEG

Attaché Case 4
Artifact {R}
Play with your hand arranged face-up in a 2x3 grid. (Place each card as it enters your hand. If you can't, discard cards until you can or discard the drawn card. You may rearrange cards at any time.)
Whenever a creature dies, draw a card. This ability triggers only once each turn.

IIW: three turns
MEG

Ulka

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

Meridia's Beacon 2WW
Legendary Artifact
At the end of your turn or whenever an artifact enters the battlefield, put a quest counter on Meridia's Beacon and gain 3 life.
1W: Transform Meridia's Beacon. Activate this ability only if Meridia's beacon has three or more quest counters on it.
"A NEW HAND TOUCHES THE BEACON"

---------------

Dawnbreaker
Legendary Tribal Artifact - Daedra Equipment
Indestructible
Equipped creature gets +2/+0.
Whenever the equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, gain life equal to the number of quest counters on Dawnbreaker and draw a card.
Whenever a creature dies, if it was dealt damage this turn by the equipped creature, it deals 2 damage to each nonwhite creature that player controls.
Equip 2

IIW: Daedric Artifacts that would make Todd Howard proud.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Megiddo
MEG

Granny Smacker U
Sorcery {U}
Tap target creature. Until end of turn, whenever that creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, return it to its owner's hand.
Draw a card.

IIW: two turns
MEG

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 1 year ago

void_nothing wrote:
1 year ago
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
I have beaten this game about eight different times.
Some people are uppity about the quality of the story from Tactics → Advance → A2 but all three are GOATs in my eyes.

Flimsy Blade 1
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Flimsy Blade enters the battlefield with four durability counters on it.
Equipped creature gets +2/+1 as long as Flimsy Blade has a durability counter on it.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a creature, remove a durability counter from Flimsy Blade
Equip 1

Attorney's Badge 3
Artifact (U)
When Attorney's Badge enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Whenever an opponent reveals a card from their hand or library, you may reveal Attorney's Badge from your hand. If you do, gain 1 life.
"I've seen your badge already, Mr Lawyer."

IIW: in your dreams

Juancu

Post by Juancu » 1 year ago

4-6 hours I believe

Juancu

1 year ago
Healing Potion
Artifact (C)
As long as your life total is less than or equal to half your starting life total, you may cast this spell without paying its mana cost and as though it had flash.
2, {T}, Sacrifice Healing Potion: You gain 3 life.
I feel like your standard Fog effect is a lot stronger than this, as far as suprising your opponent with unexpected extra life, and even then the card disadvantage is probably too much to include (barring degenerate time warping of course.) And if you are trying to make lifegain triggers, there are better alternatives in color. That leaves artifact synergies for a 0 flash, that could possibly... but I think treasure generation is also better then.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Warrior's first blade 2
Artifact - Equipment
First Aid - Equipped creature, and creatures you control with at least 1 training counter have "Whenever this creature attacks, gain 1 life."
Equip
Equip Soldier or Warrior

Nosada
Artifact - Equipment
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, draw a card and lose 1 life.
Double Sword - Equipped creature, and creatures you control with at least 5 training counters have double strike.
Equip
Equip Ninja or Assassin . If a Ninja or Assassin entered the battlefield under your control this turn, you may activate this ability at any time you could cast an instant.

Madu 2R
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+0
Doublecast - Equipped creature and creatures you control with at least 5 training counters on them have "Whenever you cast a spell that targets only this creature, copy that spell. You may choose new targets for the copy."
Equip 2r
Equip Wizard or Shamanr

Lava Spear 2R
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature has first strike
Fire Breath - Equipped Creature and creatures you control with at least 3 training counters on them have "2R: This creature gets +2/+0 until end of turn."
Equip 2R
Equip Knight R

Godhand 1W
Artifact - Equipment
Equipped creature gets +1/+0.
Far Fist - Equipped creature and creatures you control with at least 2 training counters on them have ", : This creature deals 2 damage to target creature or planeswalker."
Equip
Equip Monk or Artificer
Another version I thought of to work more how the equipment works in game, but plays much worse
Show
Hide
Warrior's first blade 2
Artifact - Equipment
First Aid Training 1 - Equipped creature gets an additional +0/+2
Equip
Equip Soldier or Warrior
To have access to a training X ability, a creature spends their training counters each turn. Too much bookkeeping for not enough payoff.
I see the general ideas, but my initial reaction is "How many turns?" and "A reward for going wide, but then I want to focus on one to train a lot."
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Attaché Case 4
Artifact {R}
Play with your hand arranged face-up in a 2x3 grid. (Place each card as it enters your hand. If you can't, discard cards until you can or discard the drawn card. You may rearrange cards at any time.)
Whenever a creature dies, draw a card. This ability triggers only once each turn.
2x3 = 6? I think you forgot the particulars about the spatial configuration. Maybe columns or rows do things, or something?
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
Meridia's Beacon 2WW
Legendary Artifact
At the end of your turn or whenever an artifact enters the battlefield, put a quest counter on Meridia's Beacon and gain 3 life.
1W: Transform Meridia's Beacon. Activate this ability only if Meridia's beacon has three or more quest counters on it.
"A NEW HAND TOUCHES THE BEACON"
---------------
Dawnbreaker
Legendary Tribal Artifact - Daedra Equipment
Indestructible
Equipped creature gets +2/+0.
Whenever the equipped creature deals combat damage to a player, gain life equal to the number of quest counters on Dawnbreaker and draw a card.
Whenever a creature dies, if it was dealt damage this turn by the equipped creature, it deals 2 damage to each nonwhite creature that player controls.
Equip 2
I really expected a lot more for 3WWW + waiting + 2 to equip. Swords of X and Y seem the same power level.
Edit: Oh, 9 life meanwhile, ok, that's a lot better.
Megiddo wrote:
1 year ago
Granny Smacker U
Sorcery {U}
Tap target creature. Until end of turn, whenever that creature becomes the target of a spell or ability, return it to its owner's hand.
Draw a card.
I was too afraid to google Granny Smacker.
NinjaCaterpie wrote:
1 year ago
Flimsy Blade 1
Artifact - Equipment (U)
Flimsy Blade enters the battlefield with four durability counters on it.
Equipped creature gets +2/+1 as long as Flimsy Blade has a durability counter on it.
Whenever equipped creature deals combat damage to a creature, remove a durability counter from Flimsy Blade
Equip 1

Attorney's Badge 3
Artifact (U)
When Attorney's Badge enters the battlefield, draw a card.
Whenever an opponent reveals a card from their hand or library, you may reveal Attorney's Badge from your hand. If you do, gain 1 life.
"I've seen your badge already, Mr Lawyer."

IIW: in your dreams
Flimsy Blade: simple and nice adaptation.
Atrotney's Badge: cool and flavorful, though not very powerful.

Winner: NinjaCaterpie.
Next: in your dreams

Megiddo
MEG

i promise you that the granny smacker is very normal and very cool
MEG

Ulka

From my recurring nightmare as a kid:

Winne the Butcher RB
Legendary Creature - Nightmare Zombie Bear Assassin
Deathtouch
Protection from Rabbits, Boars, Birds, Cats
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Winnie the Butcher this turn dies, create a food token and put a +1/+1 counter on Winnie the Butcher.
2/2

IIW: Cards form a plane where no intelligent creatures exist but three planeswalkers find.

chetoos

Dream Hydra XUG
Creature - Hydra Illusion
Dream Hydra enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Trample
Whenever you draw a card, you may pay . If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.
Whenever this creature attacks, draw a card.
Discard a card, remove a +1/+1 counter from this creature: Tap this creature, it gains hexproof until end of turn.
0/0

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Dream 2UU
Sorcery (M)
Take an additional turn after this one. During that additional turn, all phased in permanents you control are phased out and all phased out permanents are phased in. (At the end of that turn, they return to their previous state. This does not count as phasing in or out.)

Nightmare Man 3B
Creature- Nightmare (R)
Ward-- Pay 3 life.
Phasing, deathtouch, menace
When Nightmare Man Phases out, create a 0/1 blue Illusion creature token.
When Nightmare Man Phases In, sacrifice an Illusion.
5/5

Dream Warrior UU
Creature- Illusion Warrior (U)
Whenever Unbeing Being blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, Unbeing Being and that creature phase out.
2/1

(Just an updated Dream Fighter)

IIW: Bring something unexpected back.

lookingupanddown

Post by lookingupanddown » 1 year ago

This Man 3UU
Legendary Creature - Nightmare Avatar
Devoid
1U: Look at target player's hand.
3UUU, : Exile an instant or sorcery card from a graveyard. You may cast that spell without paying its mana cost. Spells cast this way can only target its owner or permanents they control.
3/5

Still Dreaming 3UUB
Enchantment - Aura Curse
Enchant player
Ward 2, Discard a card.
Permanents enchanted player controls have "When this permanent becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it unless you discard a card."
When Still Dreaming leaves the battlefield, you may pay 2UB and exile it. If you do, return it to the battlefield attached to target player at the beginning of the next end step.

IIW: ally-color partners (regular partner, not partner with)
Last edited by lookingupanddown 1 year ago, edited 2 times in total.

Juancu

Rysher Fregg 2BB
Legendary Creature - Human Nightmare (R)
Rysher must be blocked if able.
Whenever Rysher becomes targeted by a spell, or blocked by a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on Rysher and it phases out. When it does, tap target creature an opponent controls. If that creature would untap next turn, instead it gets -1/-1 until end of turn for each +1/+1 counter on Rysher (as it phased out.)
1/3

IIW: abrupt

OneAndOnly

Pristine Image
Creature - Figment
WW, Discard Pristine Image: Target creature gets +1/+1 and has indestructible and inviolate until end of turn.
1/1
Ponderous Reflection
Creature - Figment
UU, Discard Ponderous Reflection: Scry two, then choose one -- Draw a card, discard a card, or each opponent mills a card.
1/3
Diabolical Vision
Creature - Figment
BB, Discard Diabolical Vision: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn. Target player loses one life. You gain two life.
3/1
Wildfever Dream
Creature - Figment
RR, Discard Wildfever Dream: Exile the top card of your library. Wildfever Dream deals damage to up to one target creature equal to that card's mana value. You may play that card this turn.
2/2
Hopeful Thought
Creature - Figment
GG, Discard Hopeful Thought: Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.
0/6

If I Win: Your favorite song lyric as flavor text

Mergatroid_Jones

Post by Mergatroid_Jones » 1 year ago

Since they have no mana cost, I guess you can only play them in your dreams.

OneAndOnly

Ding! It's like evoke but they never enter the battlefield. Offers an interesting (?) twist for reanimated decks / recursion.

NinjaCaterpie

Post by NinjaCaterpie » 1 year ago

Time to judge
Ulka wrote:
1 year ago
From my recurring nightmare as a kid:

Winne the Butcher RB
Legendary Creature - Nightmare Zombie Bear Assassin
Deathtouch
Protection from Rabbits, Boars, Birds, Cats
Whenever a creature dealt damage by Winnie the Butcher this turn dies, create a food token and put a +1/+1 counter on Winnie the Butcher.
2/2

IIW: Cards form a plane where no intelligent creatures exist but three planeswalkers find.
Terrifying. Flavourful (in more ways than one!). Everything works together quite well. The trigger seems difficult to pull off in most circumstances (with a 2-toughness creature) but is suitably rewarding if you do hit.
chetoos wrote:
1 year ago
Dream Hydra XUG
Creature - Hydra Illusion
Dream Hydra enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Trample
Whenever you draw a card, you may pay . If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on this creature.
Whenever this creature attacks, draw a card.
Discard a card, remove a +1/+1 counter from this creature: Tap this creature, it gains hexproof until end of turn.
0/0

Makes me think of a nightmarish combination between Hydroid Krasis and Dream Trawler. I think I understand what it's trying to do, but it's probably got too many abilities trying to tie all its things together and it ends up a bit messy.
Mergatroid_Jones wrote:
1 year ago
Dream 2UU
Sorcery (M)
Take an additional turn after this one. During that additional turn, all phased in permanents you control are phased out and all phased out permanents are phased in. (At the end of that turn, they return to their previous state. This does not count as phasing in or out.)

Nightmare Man 3B
Creature- Nightmare (R)
Ward-- Pay 3 life.
Phasing, deathtouch, menace
When Nightmare Man Phases out, create a 0/1 blue Illusion creature token.
When Nightmare Man Phases In, sacrifice an Illusion.
5/5

Dream Warrior UU
Creature- Illusion Warrior (U)
Whenever Unbeing Being blocks or becomes blocked by a creature, Unbeing Being and that creature phase out.
2/1

(Just an updated Dream Fighter)

IIW: Bring something unexpected back.
Dream: Questionable utility. I'm sure there's something you can do with this but it seems real bad from here.
Nightmare Man: Nostalgic. Feels like the kind of "transformation" mechanic you'd see on a card from 20 or 25 years ago. For the same reason, I'd probably also call it clunky.
lookingupanddown wrote:
1 year ago
This Man 3UU
Legendary Creature - Nightmare Avatar
Devoid
1U: Look at target player's hand.
3UUU, : Exile an instant or sorcery card from a graveyard. You may cast that spell without paying its mana cost. Spells cast this way can only target its owner or permanents they control.
3/5

Still Dreaming 3UUB
Enchantment - Aura Curse
Enchant player
Ward 2, Discard a card.
Permanents enchanted player controls have "When this permanent becomes the target of a spell or ability, sacrifice it unless you discard a card."
When Still Dreaming leaves the battlefield, you may pay 2UB and exile it. If you do, return it to the battlefield attached to target player at the beginning of the next end step.

IIW: ally-color partners (regular partner, not partner with)
This Man: Feels like it's trying to do a lot, but not a lot to do with This Man (or the actual idea of him). The spell-copying is novel but the card as a whole doesn't really add up for me.
Still Dreaming: Feels like a beatdown! A very expensive beatdown, I guess, but this would be a pretty big pain in the backside to play against. Ward and automatic recursion just seems unnecessarily mean.
Juancu wrote:
1 year ago
Rysher Fregg 2BB
Legendary Creature - Human Nightmare (R)
Rysher must be blocked if able.
Whenever Rysher becomes targeted by a spell, or blocked by a creature, put a +1/+1 counter on Rysher and it phases out. When it does, tap target creature an opponent controls. If that creature would untap next turn, instead it gets -1/-1 until end of turn for each +1/+1 counter on Rysher (as it phased out.)
1/3

IIW: abrupt
ee this ability does a lot, and it's not easy to take in at first glance. So it attacks, must be blocked, phases out and slowly melts down creatures (but only once it gets big enough). Overall it just seems like it does a lot of nothing. Is there a character this is trying to be that I'm missing?
OneAndOnly wrote:
1 year ago
Pristine Image
Creature - Figment
WW, Discard Pristine Image: Target creature gets +1/+1 and has indestructible and inviolate until end of turn.
1/1
Ponderous Reflection
Creature - Figment
UU, Discard Ponderous Reflection: Scry two, then choose one -- Draw a card, discard a card, or each opponent mills a card.
1/3
Diabolical Vision
Creature - Figment
BB, Discard Diabolical Vision: Target creature gets -1/-1 until end of turn. Target player loses one life. You gain two life.
3/1
Wildfever Dream
Creature - Figment
RR, Discard Wildfever Dream: Exile the top card of your library. Wildfever Dream deals damage to up to one target creature equal to that card's mana value. You may play that card this turn.
2/2
Hopeful Thought
Creature - Figment
GG, Discard Hopeful Thought: Prevent all combat damage that would be dealt this turn.
0/6

If I Win: Your favorite song lyric as flavor text
I see what you're going for here, but it just seems kind of... pointless? These are mostly under rate for instants/sorceries, which I guess is offset by the fact that they're uncounterable. I guess you can play the creature form via reanimator, but who would want to reanimate a 0/6? lol. The "creature" type is really just there to dodge counters, dodge Duress and be differently tutorable. I feel like this is bending convention in an unnecessarily uninteractive way.

Winner: @Ulka
Next: Cards form a plane where no intelligent creatures exist but three planeswalkers find.

I don't actually know what that means.

Ulka

Okay so my IIW is meant to be design cards from a new plane that the story will be three planeswalkers find this plane and learn that there has been no intelligent sentient life on it ever. the plane is completely wild and these three are to determine what to do. My head cannon is that the three walkers are: Samut, Garruk and Sarrkhan but its up to you!

Juancu

Oh, I was brainstorming ways to get around it: post-apocalyptic, inteligences either zombied, crazed or statuified, Mindless constructs, also phantasmal remnants that replay battles, leave messages, or do an 'Inner Light' (the planeswalker hallucinates living a life in the pre-apocalypsis world.)
Well then, I could go for 'Random Beast Card', but that could appear in any world, and if we want to sell this set, we need to activate people's mirror neurons, people won't buy a set 98% plant / animals and 2% PW and PW's Fireball. So, the thing to do, is colonize!

Izzet Steampower 2UR
Artifact - Project (R)
(If you attack, assign any number of creatures you control to your projects, then put a loyalty counter on this artifact for each creature assigned to it. Tap each assigned creature that's not attacking.)
{ -3 } : Scry 2, then draw a card.
{ -5 } : Sacrifice Izzet Steampower. It deals 5 damage to any target.

Hard Worker 1W
Creature - Human Citizen (C)
Hard Worker may be assigned to two projects.
2/2

(Planeswalker abilities don't need to be on planeswalkers. Projects represent a planeswalker summoning allies to work on an initiative for the colony. Attackers work on it by gathering resources, and non-attackers work in site, but still get tapped. You need at least 1 attacker to assign workers, resources are essential while building a colony.)

IIW: underdark or over cloud

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”