Mono-Black Zombies

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 1 year ago

I have been playing monoblack zombies in pauper for ages and I finally am getting around to posting my current list. I'd love to hear people's thoughts.
Festering Ghouls
Approximate Total Cost:

Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

Tags:

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

nice and aggressive with all the low cost zoms. Polluter and gma to land the finishing blows.

I'm curious what is the mainboard pestilence for? Feels like a conflict with polluter and gma, because those two like plenty of zombies to be present.

liking the two lifestaff in the side, looks good against red.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Ulka

The Fluff wrote:
1 year ago
nice and aggressive with all the low cost zoms. Polluter and gma to land the finishing blows.

I'm curious what is the mainboard pestilence for? Feels like a conflict with polluter and gma, because those two like plenty of zombies to be present.

liking the two lifestaff in the side, looks good against red.
Pestilence is there because of paupers X/1s that gum up the board. The deck has issues handling some decks that try to boardstall us and this allows us to clean up Ux Fairies, elves, all the aggro decks.

Lifestaff is crazy how good it is. I love the card so much.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 1 year ago

I see now why the pestilence is there. fair enough.

the +1 power on lifestaff is also a nice bonus. Do we still gain life even if it's a zombie token that died?

oh, and another thing. Have you faced Ulamog's Crusher and Affinity pauper decks with this mono black zoms? Are we favored in those matchups or 50/50?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Ulka

yea we gain life on tokens and Manifested cards.

as to Crusher decks, I have to pray I have a Cast Down in hand or a large feeder to trade with it. otherwise its a race.

With Affinty it is a race and grindfest that is probably about 60/40 in their favor.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 1 year ago

can't really give constructive feedback as I haven't played pauper much lately but I think I'm gonna try something like this. Been super interested in pauper lately

Ulka

It's not tier 1 by any means but its a very fun, interactive game that plays surprisingly well into some of the more mainstream decks.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 11 months ago

I actually don't like playing higher tier decks in pauper, I enjoy the idea of being able to have multiple decks since they're so cheap. One of the stores near me runs a fair bit of pauper so might build this

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Deck Creation”