Sports

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

I didn't see a thread on sports, so I decided to make one here a s sort of a catch all for every sport.

what sports do you like and what are your teams?

I follow NFL, San Francisco is my team. the Montreal Canadiens are my hockey team and the Toronto Blue Jays are my baseball team.

I always tell myself I'd like to follow rugby more but never follow up on it

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

I'm a lifelong Devils fan but I always like to see the Habs do well. Such a storied franchise that has been having some heartbreaking endings to seasons lately.

The Giants are my NFL team so... that's no fun lol.

One of my best friends is a big Jays fan.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

RabidVacin
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RabidVacin » 2 years ago

My favorite sports are golf, football and MMA. My NFL team is Washington Football Team.
That card is bad and you should feel bad for playing it.

motleyslayer

I have told myself a few times that I would watch MMA more, but never followed through. It's an interesting sport but I've always loved the drama/acting in wrestling more. I plan on giving MMA another shot though, a few guys at work said there's a lot of talent across all divisions now

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

motleyslayer wrote:
2 years ago
I have told myself a few times that I would watch MMA more, but never followed through. It's an interesting sport but I've always loved the drama/acting in wrestling more. I plan on giving MMA another shot though, a few guys at work said there's a lot of talent across all divisions now
There certainly is, but the issue with MMA is you never know what the excitement level is actually going to be. I've seen many MMA matches which should have been the best fight of the year given who the participants were, but turned out to be terribly boring. Then again, I've also seen unhyped fights that did turn out to be among the best matches of the year.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

WizardMN

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

I play a bunch of sports: golf, basketball, tennis, softball, etc. But my main sport is hockey and is the only one I care enough about to actually follow a pro team for. While I will always root for Minnesota in any professional/college sport, the Minnesota Wild is the only one I actually go to games for and try to keep up with.

In general though, I usually care more about playing sports than watching them :)

pokken
Answers: 2

Post by pokken » 2 years ago

I pretty much only follow basketball these days. I'm a suns fan out west and pistons in the east.

BlackbirdPlaysMTG
Lost but seeking

Post by BlackbirdPlaysMTG » 2 years ago

I enjoy watching football (soccer)! The local team here is called FC Twente and they play in the subtop usually (currently 4th behind Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord). Sometimes I watch ice skating.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

I don't enjoy live sports as much as I do sports journalism. I'm much more likely to watch a documentary about why a particular game or series was important with the narrative accompaniment of cultural context than some random game on tv.

However, I will always watch a game if I have money on it. Really makes you feel alive when there's something at stake besides pride.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

motleyslayer

sports journalism, especially the historical/cultural context of games and the impact of individual games to leagues are certainly pretty interesting as well

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

motleyslayer wrote:
2 years ago
sports journalism, especially the historical/cultural context of games and the impact of individual games to leagues are certainly pretty interesting as well
Yeah, I grew up watching all kinds of documentaries about nature, sports, and musicians with my dad, and it kind of stuck. Nothing I like more than a good essay, either in video or prose, that convincingly explains why I should care/think about something I previously had not.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Androk

Post by Androk » 2 years ago

I am a die hard Buffalo Bills fan, I am an admin for a Bills message board.

I am still not over that loss....I probably won't be until September.

motleyslayer

that loss was a rough loss for the Bills. I'm confident they'll be one of the better teams in the AFC, but it's a shame they lost to the Chiefs in the divisional round and not the AFC championship

Androk

Post by Androk » 2 years ago

motleyslayer wrote:
2 years ago
that loss was a rough loss for the Bills. I'm confident they'll be one of the better teams in the AFC, but it's a shame they lost to the Chiefs in the divisional round and not the AFC championship
It feels great to have Josh Allen....we should be competitive for quite a while. I can only pray we win it all just once....I am old enough to remember the early 90s, I have lived with that pain my whole life...

motleyslayer

Josh Allen seems like a super well rounded QB and he's still pretty young. I wouldn't be surprised if he keeps getting better. Diggs is also good a great pickup for them too IMO

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

JAllen and Burrow are the two QBs that are only going to improve imo. They'll probably be going at it in the postseason for a long time.

motleyslayer

Burrows is an exciting QB as well

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 1 year ago

saw the rumours of Baker Mayfield being traded to the Panthers. I still think they'd be foolish to trade hum before Watson is cleared of everything

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “The Break Room”