Dralnu, Lich Lord: Son of a Lich ($1DH)

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 1 year ago

"Not even death can save you from me."
- Diablo, Diablo 2

It's a fundamentals-based DImir control deck. Counter, remove, and wipe until you're able to overwhelm the table with card advantage from Dralnu and your draw spells. The zombie token makers are your finishers.

Tags:

RowanKeltizar
Firemind
Pronoun: he / him

Post by RowanKeltizar » 1 year ago

Wow, $22 for a deck, and i thought I was doing well.

I see a lightly played copy of Force of Despair for $0.92 on TCGplayer. I've seen a lot of success with this in my two color black deck. It's an instant and you can cast it for free. Just an idea.

What's your opinion on Ravenform? Only thing I don't like is that it's a sorcery. I also really like Tragic Slip

Also, I can't help but ask... what happens if someone Blasphemous Acts with your commander on the field and you don't have a way to counter it? I never really understood how Dralnu is supposed to work, just seems waaay to risky.

I think I would like to try Oskar, Rubbish Reclaimer if I were building dimir control spellslinger.
WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown
Budget Starter Decks
UBSygg, River Cutthroat
WU Shorikai, Genesis Engine

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 1 year ago

RowanKeltizar wrote:
1 year ago
I see a lightly played copy of Force of Despair for $0.92 on TCGplayer. I've seen a lot of success with this in my two color black deck. It's an instant and you can cast it for free. Just an idea.
My problem is that it's a little too reactive for a board wipe. Only generally hitting one player limits its usefulness, and the fact that it's going to be priced out very soon make it unappealing.
What's your opinion on Ravenform? Only thing I don't like is that it's a sorcery. I also really like Tragic Slip
Ravenform is a good Pongify substitute, and hitting artifacts is a huge plus since I'm in Dimir.
Also, I can't help but ask... what happens if someone Blasphemous Acts with your commander on the field and you don't have a way to counter it? I never really understood how Dralnu is supposed to work, just seems waaay to risky.

I think I would like to try Oskar, Rubbish Reclaimer if I were building dimir control spellslinger.
There's a few options: a) counter it with one of 12 counterspell b) bounce or sac Dralnu to one of Riptide Lab or High Market or c) take your lumps like a champ and lose in the most hilarious way possible.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Decklists”