UW Control / Superfriends

robertleva
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by robertleva » 3 years ago

I have, I didnt realize anyone actually read these threads. My above list can survive without T3feri, buy clearly the deck has taken a hit. Currently I am testing:

-4 T3feri
+1 Detention Sphere
+3 Dovin, Grand Arbiter

Dovin works well as a 3cc deal with me now type of threat. I am also considering Jace Vryns Prodigy, but I dislike how he doesn't trigger Myth Realized on cast. It's a small concession though.
Robert Leva
Creator of Modern's 8Rack Deck

Tags:

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

I feel like there will be times where I'll miss 3feri because you can reset your enchantment based removal but I feel like I can fill the void left by the ban.

I'm not sure if I like JVP in this deck but I could be wrong. I might just have to buy some

robertleva

Post by robertleva » 3 years ago

Raven's Warning is and interesting replacement as well. I've no idea what a wishboard would look like that has answers for you to fetch, but it might be fin to experiment.
Robert Leva

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

I decided to build a different take on the deck than what I previously had together. More of a tap out enchantment build

Numbers are probably super off. Main things i want feedback on are the fact my curve seems super high, the land count and the sideboard. Any feedback is great though

robertleva

Post by robertleva » 2 years ago

Nice take, I will test it out and see if I can find any areas we can improve.
Robert Leva

motleyslayer

after thinking, some relevant changes might be -2 Azorius Charm +2 Seal Away because that's on the enchantment theme. I can't think of much else for now

robertleva

Post by robertleva » 2 years ago

Im messing with a list, but I went pretty far afield from your original take. I just can't see play UW and not playing 4x Gideon of the Trials. He's just so good at 3cc. Meletis and Omen of the Sea are good value here. Azorius Charm has always been a dud most of the time for me, none of it's modes are good enough and there is a lot of interesting cards to choose from in the Pioneer pool.

What I like in your list:
1. Yorion - gives us nice inevitability
2. Supreme Verdict - still the best sweeper in the format
3. Archon of Sun's Grace - gets out of control fast
4. Meletis / Omen - high value

What I didn't like:
1. Skyclave app - prefer most copies of Cast Out or D. Sphere
2. Thirst for Meaning - theres better / cheaper options, ie Search for Azcanta
3. Dovin's Veto - Im somewhat neutral about this one, sometimes its good sometimes it sits in your hand
Robert Leva

motleyslayer

I think you're pretty correct on what you don't like. I'm gonna have to find more copies of Cast Out as i don't remember what I did with my other copies. Charm should just be Seal Away

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 1 year ago

motleyslayer wrote:
2 years ago
I decided to build a different take on the deck than what I previously had together. More of a tap out enchantment build

Numbers are probably super off. Main things i want feedback on are the fact my curve seems super high, the land count and the sideboard. Any feedback is great though
played pioneer for the first time in forever with this list on Tuesday. Finished 1-1-1.

r1 easily beat a bant coco deck I didn't see much of his deck as he mulliganed to 5 both games

r 2 I lost to a jund deck 0-2. G1 was back and fourth but he ground me out with that blitz creature you can cast from gy. g2 he ran me over

r3 I drew with that RG Transmogrify deck. G1 I ran him over, g2 he ran me over. G3 we drew because he was able to wipe my board but he missed lethal at least 2

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Developing”