Koma - Simic aggro/control - token flood?

RowanKeltizar
Firemind
Pronoun: he / him

Post by RowanKeltizar » 1 year ago

When I first saw Koma, Cosmos Serpent i felt like I finally had a simic commander I could get behind. He stokes my stubbornly persistant desire to build around battlecruiser commanders. He can't be countered, has built in protection, and can control the board fairly efficiently. The tokens he makes can also do an aggro game and act as a fairly strong draw engine combined with things like Elemental Bond.

As usual, I'd like to include cards in this deck that I'm not running in my other decks, minimizing overlap as much as possible. I'm also building this a bit on a budget to begin with so you won't see a lot of the high dollar green and blue staples.

I'm not sure how much I want to commit to sea monster tribal. I've got several tribal decks already. I think I'd like to go aggro control, so big creatures with control abilties sound appealing. Going wide also feels natural here.

Since token doublers are so broken with Koma, I may to want to focus on that aspect of the deck with some other cards, but again not sure how much I want to commit to that strategy.

The following list is very much a rough draft and is more just a list of possible options until i focus and refine it.

Decklist

COMMANDER

BOARD WIPES

Approximate Total Cost:

WRBKaalia, Zenith Seeker - Certified Air Raid Material
WBElenda, the Dusk Rose - Drain and Gain
WRAurelia, the Warleader - Tokens/Equipment
URNiv-Mizzet, Parun - Controlled Burn primer
BRGHenzie, "Toolbox" Torre - Creature Feature
BRGSoul of Windgrace - Lands Matter
RGWGishath, Sun's Avatar - I'M YOUR DADDY
GWUBAtraxa, Praetors' Voice - Artifact Stax Beatdown