[Off-Topic] Community Chat Thread

benjameenbear
Pronoun: he / him

Post by benjameenbear » 4 years ago

Those are the best kind of stories, honestly, even if a Blue player inwardly cries crocodile tears.

[mention]cryogen[/mention] Welp, maybe the site being down unannounced will incentivize the MTGSal player base to abandon it wholesale. Once it's live again I'll be posting a marketing/sales-y article persuading people to register for Nexus there, on Facebook, and Discord. We'll get this site rolling and bury MTGSal the way it should have been.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 4 years ago

I suspect it might be a case of a rough transition rather than a plan for sally to be no forums but I guess time will tell. If sally forums are done or down for some amount of time it might make a better transition over to here.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 4 years ago

Those blue players don't get to cry lol. They got me next game with a Narset's Reversal on their Expropriate and you can guess how that went over..............

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
I suspect it might be a case of a rough transition rather than a plan for sally to be no forums but I guess time will tell. If sally forums are done or down for some amount of time it might make a better transition over to here.
Hey buddy, glad to see you here. Haven't heard from you in a month or so. Hope everything is going well with you.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
Hey buddy, glad to see you here. Haven't heard from you in a month or so. Hope everything is going well with you.
I went back and forth with what my plans were for a while. I explored some other sites and just felt like most of them were just articles and tools rather than actually having a community and I can't stand reddit / facebook so I guess after a while I just kind of gave up on alternatives. My plan for right now is just to give the staff some room and just be a user for the most part and see how things go. No real hard feelings but catbug and I don't see eye to eye and thats fine, I just have to give him his space.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Jivanmukta
The Spirit of EDH
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Jivanmukta » 4 years ago

Sheldon wrote:
4 years ago
If we're still doing introductions, hi, my name is Sheldon. My job is getting called names by people in the internet.
Don't you have a shadowy cabal full of people who plot the destruction of EDH to lead?

Also, welcome.

Guerte

Post by Guerte » 4 years ago

Holy...I hadn't realized the site was up and running...I was waiting for some sort of announcement on Sally, unless I may have missed it?
Current Commanders:
Mono2 Color3+Color
Daretti Primer Omnath Yarok
Gonti Primer Ezuri Aminatou

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Post by SocorroTortoise » 4 years ago

Guerte wrote:
4 years ago
Holy...I hadn't realized the site was up and running...I was waiting for some sort of announcement on Sally, unless I may have missed it?
I don't remember seeing one. There were a few non-staff people keeping an eye over here and they noticed it go live. The feature request thread at MTGS went from "would like" to "isn't working" which was a pretty good clue.

69 guests (nice) browsing right now! Make an account and join in!
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 4 years ago

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
I said this before though: this is one of the things I think we are getting spoiled on here. That is, the transparency and constant communication when things are happening. I have yet to hear anything from the new owner of MTGSalvation and I don't think I saw anything about the site being down temporarily. Which means we are in the dark when the whole site just goes down for "no reason" and we are in the dark about the future of the site.

I am planning on spending most of my time here, but there are still a lot of rules questions asked on Salvation so I still check it out regularly. Hopefully that changes where there is more traffic here for that.
I'm not honestly sure what's going on with the site today.
It looks to be up again, some of my previous attempts at accessing the site have been half-loading the site but not showing any thread contents. But early this morning when I tried to access, I got a fake error message and a criminally questionable popup got blocked, so there was probably some kind of security problem.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Guerte wrote:
4 years ago
I posted a thread in the Commander forum, but nothing proper.

Xoth

Post by Xoth » 4 years ago

Hey all. I like the new digs.

Surging Chaos

Post by Surging Chaos » 4 years ago

Hello all! Surging Chaos here from the days of MTG Salvation. I just managed to get around to finding this place. Sheldon's link on Twitter brought me here.

It's sad to see what happened to Salvation, but it also didn't help that old-school 2000s style message boards have struggled to adapt to compete with 2010s style social media platforms. Salvation was pretty much a huge part of life going all the way back to high school when the 2005 New Years exodus happened from MTG News. Then after I graduated college and eventually found work, I started becoming less active (which also happened to be around the time the Curse acquisition happened). Then had to deal with some IRL problems, eventually found a way better job and moved, and now my life is really stable and I'm feeling great.

I still play MTG; mostly just EDH though now. It's nice seeing a lot of familiar faces from the Salvation days. Even in today's era of social media, I still have a soft spot for message boards. As much as Reddit is the dominant go-to place, I still can't get over the fact that its structure is set up so that it's basically pointless to respond to stuff that is already over a day old.
September 2022 DCC Winner

Jivanmukta
The Spirit of EDH

Long time no see Surging. Welcome back.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Surging Chaos wrote:
4 years ago
Hello all! Surging Chaos here from the days of MTG Salvation. I just managed to get around to finding this place. Sheldon's link on Twitter brought me here.

It's sad to see what happened to Salvation, but it also didn't help that old-school 2000s style message boards have struggled to adapt to compete with 2010s style social media platforms. Salvation was pretty much a huge part of life going all the way back to high school when the 2005 New Years exodus happened from MTG News. Then after I graduated college and eventually found work, I started becoming less active (which also happened to be around the time the Curse acquisition happened). Then had to deal with some IRL problems, eventually found a way better job and moved, and now my life is really stable and I'm feeling great.

I still play MTG; mostly just EDH though now. It's nice seeing a lot of familiar faces from the Salvation days. Even in today's era of social media, I still have a soft spot for message boards. As much as Reddit is the dominant go-to place, I still can't get over the fact that its structure is set up so that it's basically pointless to respond to stuff that is already over a day old.
Hey bud, its been forever. Good to see you again. Glad to hear you are doing better and I hope to see you around.

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 4 years ago

Glad to see you back, ISB. ^.^ Hope life is treating you well.

Jivanmukta
The Spirit of EDH

Well look at that, ISB as well.

Guerte

Post by Guerte » 4 years ago

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Guerte wrote:
4 years ago
I posted a thread in the Commander forum, but nothing proper.
I saw that after I posted here. Lol.

Now I have to get used to the new coding on here...
Current Commanders:
Mono2 Color3+Color
Daretti Primer Omnath Yarok
Gonti Primer Ezuri Aminatou

MuzzleMuffin

Post by MuzzleMuffin » 4 years ago

What's up, everybody? I'm excited to continue being a part of this community. I love forum style discussion and am very excited to see what new things this site offers. Hopefully our community grows.
Sheldon wrote:
4 years ago
If we're still doing introductions, hi, my name is Sheldon. My job is getting called names by people in the internet.
Love the wine posts. Still a newbie but I've been getting into Sangiovese lately. Welcome back.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Why does cryo have all the same titles as Airi but his name isn't red? Odd.

Hi Airi and Jiv. I technically came back a week or two ago to sally and slowly poked around here mostly in decks and testing grounds. I guess life is going fine. The wife is off doing summer camps and mission trips and such so I am kind of a batchlor for the month. I have a big stack of hot pockets in the freezer lol (she doesn't let me buy that crap).

Airi
Queen of Salt

ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago
The badge comes with the access, and he needed temporary access for some set up stuff, so he'll have the badge while we're still working the kinks out of stuff added as we need it. :)

cryogen
GΘΔ†

ISBPathfinder wrote:
4 years ago

Hi Airi and Jiv. I technically came back a week or two ago to sally and slowly poked around here mostly in decks and testing grounds. I guess life is going fine. The wife is off doing summer camps and mission trips and such so I am kind of a batchlor for the month. I have a big stack of hot pockets in the freezer lol (she doesn't let me buy that crap).
Dang, now they'll remember to pull it again :(

Hey Airi, glad to see you revived your kitty avatar. I always liked that one.

Airi
Queen of Salt

It seemed fitting. That, and the latest FFXIV expansion royally screwed me up and I can't handle having it as an avatar anymore. >.>

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 4 years ago

Surging Chaos wrote:
4 years ago
Well well. Nice to see another old school familiar face.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 4 years ago

Sheldon wrote:
4 years ago
Welcome Sheldon - I'm a random person on the internet and I have names to call you. I'll think of them in due course, but for the meantime just know that your mother was a hampster and your father smells of elderberries.

In all seriousness, very good to see you join us here. May this be a haven for you from the name calling of the jerks on the rest of social media.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 4 years ago

Sheldon wrote:
4 years ago
Hi sheldon, I will continue to stick for you and the RC and CAG because without EDH I wouldn't have a social life.
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”