ELD - The Wildered Quest - Preview chapters available

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

Surprised this hasn't been posted yet! A few websites have the first chapter up, as well as part of the second chapter!

It contains major spoilers, soooo beware if for some reason you want to keep it a surprise for another week and a half?

https://www.kobo.com/us/en/ebook/throne ... ered-quest - Click 'preview now' under the cover art.

It's written incredibly well and I think we're going to get a lot of what we were hoping for.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

Raptorchan
Beautiful Liar
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Raptorchan » 4 years ago

I am angry.
Angry about Oko and what he did to Garruk.

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

Nice find!

Thoughts;
-Maro said the other walker in the set is new so that must mean Oko.

-Oko is our first Faerie walker. He can shape change, use nature magic and seeming can use a form of mind magic on Garruk. Personality wise as well he seems thoughtful and seems to want to take down what he views as tyrants. My guess is GU, he seems to have some red in him due to the wanting to get rid of tyrants thing but I could see green doing that and I don't see a faerie in magic not being some form of blue.

-He also had been mind enslaved similar to Garruk in the past and hate tyrants as I said so seems like he is gonna be the cause of the High King going missing.

-Garruk is back and I'm guessing this also explains why he isn't in War. He's not a card in the set BUT i doubt Oko is gonna to keep control of Garruk and as this is the start of a new story arc could be setting up Garruk as a new big bad.

-I wonder if Oko knows Liliana due to his reaction to her name. As a Fey Oko could also be an old walker since I'd guess they are very long living and could have survived the mending. This also could tie this story into the gatewatch later.

-So Will and Rowan are 17. You know Not sure if we where told where in the timeline battle bound takes place since it could be the twins have yet to spark.

-I like that we seeing more walkers with families. Seeing that the twins mother and father (currently) are alive is nice

-Seems like when knight? nobles? turn 18 they go out on a quest, with Rowan wanting to have her birthday and get one...hehe dramatic irony.

-The land has five courts, one for each color/set of color combos since this is magic.

EDIT: - Unicorn mounts are a thing :love:

I'm super excited for this set, this just hyped me more.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Zazdor

Post by Zazdor » 4 years ago

Perhaps this is why _Wildered Quest_ is being released before the set is released: Garruk's role here may set him up for Weisman's _Forsaken_. If the _War of the Spark_ sequel focuses on the hunt for Liliana, I cannot imagine any potential closure to Lili not including Garruk. His inclusion here, and the release date prior to _Forsaken_ suggests to me that this may set up Lili's next appearance.

Caranthir

Post by Caranthir » 4 years ago

Just a linguistic note - "oko" means "eye" in many Slavic languages. Might be a coincidence, or not.
100% Vorthos Spike and Storyline Expert

Former Fact Prospector of the Greek Alliance.
Let this great clan rest in peace (2001-2011)

Former MTG Salvation Rumor Mill, Storyline and Clans Moderator

Odin_

Post by Odin_ » 4 years ago

Caranthir wrote:
4 years ago
Just a linguistic note - "oko" means "eye" in many Slavic languages. Might be a coincidence, or not.
Probably coincidence because the only plane with Slavic tradition is Ravnica and G fairies are not there.

Now it is more interesting what will happen with Garruk after destroying Chain veil. Or was the disintegration in WAR only mistake by Daarken? For me it will be a pity if they will not handle him properly because predator side of G is not that much visible in PWs. Most probably this side will be removed with Vivien (which I don't think is a good choice because she is missing NB).

Caranthir

Post by Caranthir » 4 years ago

Odin_ wrote:
4 years ago
Caranthir wrote:
4 years ago
Probably coincidence because the only plane with Slavic tradition is Ravnica and G fairies are not there.

Now it is more interesting what will happen with Garruk after destroying Chain veil. Or was the disintegration in WAR only mistake by Daarken? For me it will be a pity if they will not handle him properly because predator side of G is not that much visible in PWs. Most probably this side will be removed with Vivien (which I don't think is a good choice because she is missing NB).
Well, are you aware what region the Grimm tales are from? ;-) It's Central Europe, Germany, Austria, Czechia, etc. ;) But yes, it is an interesting coincidence.

Speaking of the Veil, nothing like that scene happened in the War of the Spark book (not only the destruction, but also Liliana approaching a floored Bolas), so it is still intact. Dunno why they let that confusing illustration out.
100% Vorthos Spike and Storyline Expert

Former Fact Prospector of the Greek Alliance.
Let this great clan rest in peace (2001-2011)

Former MTG Salvation Rumor Mill, Storyline and Clans Moderator

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 4 years ago

Caranthir wrote:
4 years ago
Odin_ wrote:
4 years ago
Caranthir wrote:
4 years ago

Well, are you aware what region the Grimm tales are from? ;-) It's Central Europe, Germany, Austria, Czechia, etc. ;) But yes, it is an interesting coincidence.

Speaking of the Veil, nothing like that scene happened in the War of the Spark book (not only the destruction, but also Liliana approaching a floored Bolas), so it is still intact. Dunno why they let that confusing illustration out.
Samut meaning "combustion" or a few other more fitting translation for this setting "Ignite" or "Sparking". If its a coincidence then its because they are referencing something else.

Thinking on it, wasn't Garruk able to fight Jaces mind control pretty well? Wonder if its meant to comment on Oko being different, powerful or Garruk mind being corrupted to a father point.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Raptorchan wrote:
4 years ago
I am angry.
Angry about Oko and what he did to Garruk.
Feels like he'll get his comeuppance. Garruk may not get to kill him but I'm sure he won't be captive for long. (After all, he has to get to Skortor somehow...)
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

TheMagicWord
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by TheMagicWord » 4 years ago

Did the website update? I am not seeing the preview now button and I even did a search for it with no results. Any Ideas?
Check out EDH Magic Online Magic Videos
Check out my The MTG Word instagram for pictures of crazy edh boardstates

clariwench
Disgruntled Izzet
Pronoun: she / her

Post by clariwench » 4 years ago

Yeah, this website took it down. There's a German one that still has it.

I definitely think the second chapter takes place pre-Battlebond. It definitely doesn't seem like they've been gallivanting around the Multiverse yet... and they also do NOT look 17 in their art lol.
"Would that both gods above and demons below could protect me from good people. A man dubbed evil will take your purse, but a so-called ‘good man’ will not be content until he has ripped out your very heart.” - Davriel Cane, Children of the Nameless

Alchemy Mono Red Burn -- Historic Izzet Phoenix -- Historic Grixis Yorion Fires RIP -- Modern Burn -- Legacy Burn -- Grand Arbiter Augustin IV EDH -- Melek, Izzet Paragon EDH -- Kess, Dissident Mage EDH -- Jorn, God of Winter Brawl -- Gutmorn, Pactbound Servant Historic Brawl -- Chandra, Acolyte of Flame Historic Brawl -- Killian, Ink Duelist Historic Brawl -- Niv-Mizzet, Parun Historic Brawl

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Lore”