Pronoun: he / him

Post by 3drinks » 4 years ago

Jivanmukta wrote:
4 years ago
3drinks wrote:
4 years ago
Airi wrote:
4 years ago
Oh, shoot. I missed out on the bulk of the intros. Still!

My name is Kat, and I'm your resident friendly god-queen (admin)! I'm a die hard Gruul fangirl and as Jivan loves to point out, extremely bad at MTG. But that will never stop me from continually hopping from deck to deck.
But are you as diehard to Gruul as I am to Mardu?

....no one is that bad 😂😂😂

Welcome, pleasure meeting another into one colour combo.
She's as Gruul as I am Dimir. Meaning a sickening amount.
Filthy island players though...👀👀👀👀

continues hiding his Red Elemental Blast up his sleeve

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

Airi
Queen of Salt
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Airi » 4 years ago

My job is to show up, break everything and everyone in sight, and then probably lose because I play aggro in EDH.

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Airi wrote:
4 years ago
My job is to show up, break everything and everyone in sight, and then probably lose because I play aggro in EDH.
Just hunt for and quickly stick Ruric Thar every game. At least make them sweat first. 😂😂

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

Jivanmukta
The Spirit of EDH
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Jivanmukta » 4 years ago

Learn to play real colors.

Airi
Queen of Salt

Jivanmukta wrote:
4 years ago
Learn to play real colors.
No u.

RedDeckTries

Post by RedDeckTries » 4 years ago

MTG player for over ten years now, but lately I've been branching out to the other tcgs. Exciting to find so many new rules to learn!

3drinks

Oh, cool, we moved the user profile stuff to the left side. That looks much better.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Post by SocorroTortoise » 4 years ago

3drinks wrote:
4 years ago
Oh, cool, we moved the user profile stuff to the left side. That looks much better.
Definitely. I'm actually noticing who's posting what now. I need upload my flipped avatar though. Facing the wrong way now.
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 4 years ago

Airi wrote:
4 years ago
At least you don't have to worry about a turn 2 Stigma Lasher to the face.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

sadgasm

Post by sadgasm » 4 years ago

Hi. I'm sadgasm, I was sadgasm on Sally too. I go through phases of inactivity and/or lurking.

I started playing in 1994 or 1995 but really picked it up in 2000 with Invasion and Odyssey. I stumbled across edh quite by accident when I clicked the wrong link, I think that was in 2010 since then I have played commander almost exclusively except the occasional prerelease.

Currently I am playing Slimefoot with all of the fancy stuff like Cradle, and Parallel Lives. It is both combo and janky fungus/Saproling tribal and I absolutely love it.

I also have a box full of cards for other decks all sleeved in purple and sorted by color. Currently I have the cards for Bladewing the Risen, Daretti, Feldon, Momir Vig, Jor Kadeen and maybe another. The box has single copies of most cards but Sol Ring, Command Tower and a few other staples have multiple copies.

Airi
Queen of Salt

cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Airi wrote:
4 years ago
Still one of the greatest things I have ever witnessed in my EDH career.

Jivanmukta
The Spirit of EDH

Post by Jivanmukta » 4 years ago

Airi wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago
Airi wrote:
4 years ago
One of the most rage inducing of mine.

rogerandover

Post by rogerandover » 4 years ago

benjameenbear wrote:
4 years ago
'Tis blasphemy! How dare you mingle with those unruly and heathen Elves and Goblins! Hast thou repented and seen the Light?
I mean, sure, I still love me some u but my loveliest deck has to be my Squee, Goblin Nabob burner deck.

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 4 years ago

Jivanmukta wrote:
4 years ago
Airi wrote:
4 years ago
cryogen wrote:
4 years ago

One of the most rage inducing of mine.
'Tis blasphemy. Who plays Stigma Lasher in EDH? There is therapy, comrade!

@3drinks
Of course you'd have a Red Elemental Blast in your sleeve. It's the only way you'd win otherwise!

cryogen
GΘΔ†

At one of our mod meetup years ago we had drafted my cube. In one game Jivan was playing Oloro and Airi (I think) hit him turn 2 with Stigma Lasher. Kaburi hears us laughing across the room and investigates, then burst out laughing that Jivan got hit.... and then laughed doubly as hard when he found out who the Commander was.

DrSeaMonster
Pronoun: they / them

Post by DrSeaMonster » 4 years ago

One of my fastest losses in EDH was to an early game Stigma Lasher from my buddy's Alesha deck.

My Savra deck never had a chance.

I've been on the opposite side of that sort of thing, too. A friend of mine once cooked up a really nasty Horobi, Death's Wail deck...and my Nath deck ramped and quickly dropped an Asceticism.
Abzan aligned, Timmy/Johnny with a Vorthos activated ability.

Commander decks: Karador. Riku. Savra. Vorosh. Teysa Karlov. Kaalia, Zenith Seeker.
Balthor the Defiled. Radha, Heir to Keld. Nath. Saheeli, the Gifted. Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Samut, Voice of Dissent. Grimgrin. Ertai, the Corrupted. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager. Elsha.
Glissa, the Traitor. Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Obosh. Nethroi. Konrad. Kros. Karametra.

Sheldon

Post by Sheldon » 4 years ago

If we're still doing introductions, hi, my name is Sheldon. My job is getting called names by people in the internet.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Sheldon wrote:
4 years ago
If we're still doing introductions, hi, my name is Sheldon. My job is getting called names by people in the internet.
Only good names though, I'm sure.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 4 years ago

Hi Sheldon! Thanks for banning paradox engine, that card was obnoxious.

Last I remember reading, mtgsally was going to stick around in read-only format - is that still happening? Right now I can't see anything on the forums. I'd sure like to be able to reference my old decklists.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

cryogen
GΘΔ†

DirkGently wrote:
4 years ago
Hi Sheldon! Thanks for banning paradox engine, that card was obnoxious.

Last I remember reading, mtgsally was going to stick around in read-only format - is that still happening? Right now I can't see anything on the forums. I'd sure like to be able to reference my old decklists.
There was an 11th hour purchase by a former Curse employee, so the site is remaining open for as long as the new owners wish.

WizardMN
Answers: 124

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

I said this before though: this is one of the things I think we are getting spoiled on here. That is, the transparency and constant communication when things are happening. I have yet to hear anything from the new owner of MTGSalvation and I don't think I saw anything about the site being down temporarily. Which means we are in the dark when the whole site just goes down for "no reason" and we are in the dark about the future of the site.

I am planning on spending most of my time here, but there are still a lot of rules questions asked on Salvation so I still check it out regularly. Hopefully that changes where there is more traffic here for that.

cryogen
GΘΔ†

WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
I said this before though: this is one of the things I think we are getting spoiled on here. That is, the transparency and constant communication when things are happening. I have yet to hear anything from the new owner of MTGSalvation and I don't think I saw anything about the site being down temporarily. Which means we are in the dark when the whole site just goes down for "no reason" and we are in the dark about the future of the site.

I am planning on spending most of my time here, but there are still a lot of rules questions asked on Salvation so I still check it out regularly. Hopefully that changes where there is more traffic here for that.
I'm not honestly sure what's going on with the site today.

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 4 years ago

Sheldon wrote:
4 years ago
Welcome sir! While I was VERY sad to see Paradox Engine leave, being a dedicated cEDH player, I totally understand and support the rationalization.

And you do a great job with your job, lol. At this point, you must have hexproof since your skin is so thick!

In other news, since I've taken a 3-4 month long fast from Facebook, did the party for finishing your Master's involve high quality wine and/or MTG?

3drinks

re: mtgsally - Yeah, I logged over there on my lunch a couple hours ago and just got a failure to load error. Sounds like the forums might be going offline while the articles remain (the error persisted only on the forums).
benjameenbear wrote:
4 years ago
@3drinks
Of course you'd have a Red Elemental Blast in your sleeve. It's the only way you'd win otherwise!
It's no different than playing vintage dredge and keeping your chain of vapor "nearby" :P

But really, that REB/Pyro were on tour last time I got to play, stopping Notion Thiefs and Expropriates, and every single time they created a story we all had a good laugh at.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

3drinks

Sheldon wrote:
4 years ago
Welcome back. While I may not see eye-to-eye with a percent of the calls you make to the format, I nevertheless offer respect where it's due and thank you for both this format and your decision to come along here in the post-mtgsally world.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WBRKaalia HQ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”