The DCC - November 24th, 2021

Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Welcome to the DCC!
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post in the DCC Discussion Thread.

How To Play

How does this card-making game work? It's simple! Whenever your card receives a vote, you receive [1] point for the month. If your card ends up with the most votes for that day, you will receive [2] additional points for the month. In the event of a tie, each person who tied receives [1] additional point. At the end of each month, the person with the most points on the scoreboard wins that month, then the scoreboard is cleared for the next month. You can participate in as many or as few days as you want in any month.

Rules

• Each day you may post any card you want. On the next day all of the posted cards will be put into the thread as long as your card didn't get disqualified - see the next point for more details. If you post more than one card in a DCC thread, only the first card you post will be taken.
  • When you vote, you need to make exactly two votes for two different people. Vote for the cards that are listed in the first post, not other cards being posted in the thread. If you notice that you've only voted for one person, include your second vote in a post, even if you're not submitting a card.
  • If you want to change your vote for any reason, post that change in the day's thread (you can include it with your card if you want). Changed votes in the discussion thread will be ignored.
  • Voting for only one person, for three or more people, or for yourself will earn you an asterisk by your name in the monthly leaderboard. So will failing to vote if you've posted a card. (We're not going to do anything about people who don't vote or post cards; that would be kind of silly.) This indicates that you're on probation for the next 21 days. If you're on probation and you make another improper vote, your card will be disqualified. Repeated disqualification is grounds for warnings and/or infractions for not following the game rules, so please don't do it.
  • Voting for everything in the poll will be grounds for a lifetime ban from the DCC. Don't do it. It just wastes the thread creators' time.
  • If you wish to post a render, please use the hyperlink option when posting your card and make the card name the image link. Renders are usually large enough to clog up the list, so submit a text-formed card and (optionally) a link in the name to the render.
  • This thread is just for your card submission. Take your questions/comments to our discussion thread. If it's a question, comment, or complaint about probation, PM void_nothing and/or the month's DCC organizer.
  • When posting make sure that:
    • You have included all of the previous day's entries.
    • You update the leaderboard with the previous day's scores.
(An easy way to post the new thread is to hit the multiquote button on every post in the previous day's thread, then click Post Reply. Select everything in this post, copy it, and then paste it into the first post for a new thread. You'll have to clean up a few small things, like quote tags around the opening post and the previous day's cards.)

Notes of the Day

Speakers of Indo-European languages cover a vast geographic area, but the myths of those peoples sometimes have commonalities that are so striking that the original sources for them must be very old. For example, myths where a character - either the central hero or central villain - dies because the highly contrived series of circumstances that can break their invincibility happens in riddle-like fashion are very widespread. They are seen all over the place in Celtic mythology, but also Hindu mythology, Slavic mythology, and all the way down to the deaths of Macbeth and the Witch-King of Angmar.

Tommorrow's thread will hopefully be up earlier than this - I was wrangling my phone before posting and it thankfully works now but it ate up at least an hour of my time.

DCC Scoreboard

Rithaniel 72 (+1)
Ink-Treader 60 (+2)
void_nothing 57 (+4)
bravelion83 43 (+4)
netn10 42 (+1)
Riria 31 (+2)
Lorn Asbord Schutta 5
marioguy3 2
kwanyeegor-ii 1
Pygyzy 0

netn10 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, void_nothing

Extracurricular Activity 0
Sorcery - Lesson (Rare)
At the end of your turn, you may put Extracurricular Activity from your graveyard into your outside of the game.
bravelion83 wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Riria, Rithaniel

Gilt-Leaf Fighter 2G
Creature — Elf Warrior (R)
At the beginning of your upkeep, look at the top card of your library. If it shares a creature type with Gilt-Leaf Fighter, you may reveal it. When you do, put it into your hand and put a +1/+1 counter on Gilt-Leaf Fighter. Then if Gilt-Leaf Fighter has three or more +1/+1 counters on it, transform it.
1/1

//

Gilt-Leaf Sage
(G) Creature — Elf Shaman (R)
Trample
3, Remove a +1/+1 counter from Gilt-Leaf Sage: Draw a card. Activate only as a sorcery and only once each turn.
2/2
Ink-Treader wrote:
2 years ago
Vote: bravelion83, void_nothing

Parting Shot 1RW
Instant (C)
Target creature you control deals damage equal to its power to any target, then return that creature to its owner's hand.
Always give them something to remember you by.
Riria wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: bravelion83, Ink-Treader

Heirloom Blessing W
Enchantment - Aura (R)
Enchant creature
If enchanted creature would die, you may sacrifice Heirloom Blessing and remove all damage from that creature instead. If you don't, return Heirloom Blessing to your hand.
Some protective charms are more valuable than the individuals they protect. Arguably this defeats the purpose.
Rithaniel wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: Riria, void_nothing

Homeosavant
Creature - Giant R
: Mill three cards. If two or more cards that share a card type were milled this way, return Homeosavant from your graveyard to the battlefield tapped.
"Some return because they have unfinished work. Some return for they greedily desire more life. I return because it is simply what I do."
5/5
void_nothing wrote:
2 years ago
Votes: netn10, Ink-Treader

Cut Into the Soul 4B
Sorcery (U)
Target creature's controller reveals their hand. You may choose a nonland card there. If you do, that player exiles that card and you draw a card. If you don't, exile that creature.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Ink-Treader
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Ink-Treader » 2 years ago

Vote: Riria, Rithaniel

Insignificance C
Instant (U)
Exile target token.
Replicate C (When you cast this spell, copy it for each time you paid its replicate cost. You may choose new targets for the copies.)
"I've seen too many fools chase after trinkets in the presence of Eldrazi."
-Thada Adel, explorer
Last edited by Ink-Treader 2 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

netn10
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by netn10 » 2 years ago

Votes: Ink-Treader, Rithaniel

Require Penance W
Enchantment - Aura (Rare)
Enchant creature
Enchanted creature has ward 1 and "Whenever an opponent casts their first noncreature spell each turn, draw a card unless that player pays X, where X is enchanted creature's ward value."

bravelion83
MKM MCC going on now

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Votes: Ink-Treader, Riria

Exhausting Entrance 3BG
Sorcery (R)
Put a creature card from your hand onto the battlefield. You lose life equal to its mana value.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | For my projects, including Jeff Lionheart, my murder mystery story "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", and republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", see Leo's content index (Last updated on March 24th 2024 - Added OPHTMH Episode 4).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

Rithaniel

Post by Rithaniel » 2 years ago

Votes: Ink-Treader, void_nothing

Bones of the Burning Gods
Legendary Artifact R
Whenever a card is exiled with Bones of the Burning Gods, you may play that card this turn and you may spend red mana as though it were mana of any color to cast those spells.
, : Target player exiles a card from their hand. Activate only as a sorcery.
, : Exile target card in your graveyard. You gain 3 life.
And a Few Quotes
Show
Hide
"Why are numbers beautiful? It's like asking why is Beethoven's Ninth Symphony beautiful. If you don't see why, someone can't tell you. I know numbers are beautiful. If they aren't beautiful, nothing is."
― Paul Erdős

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
― Stephen Jay Gould

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

Votes: Ink-Treader, Rithaniel

Lonely Research 1U
Instant (C)
As an additional cost to cast this spell, return a creature you control to its owner's hand.
Scry 5.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”