[Off-Topic] Community Chat Thread

TheGildedGoose
HONK HONK
Pronoun: any/all

Post by TheGildedGoose » 2 years ago

DirkGently wrote:
2 years ago
Finally got an online game of Diablo II going with my girlfriend after much network wrangling. And amazingly, thus far it seems like she likes it! We got as far as the A1 monastery last night.
I am so excited for D2R even if Blizzard is terrible. I've been playing Project Diablo 2 (and Path of Diablo before it) casually every other season or so and I am hyped beyond belief to finally play the core game again. It's my favorite game of all time. I'm going to Corpse Explosion all the things.

In other news I was deeply saddened by Norm Macdonald's death. He was profoundly influential on my sense of humor.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 2 years ago

TheGildedGoose wrote:
2 years ago
DirkGently wrote:
2 years ago
Finally got an online game of Diablo II going with my girlfriend after much network wrangling. And amazingly, thus far it seems like she likes it! We got as far as the A1 monastery last night.
I am so excited for D2R even if Blizzard is terrible. I've been playing Project Diablo 2 (and Path of Diablo before it) casually every other season or so and I am hyped beyond belief to finally play the core game again. It's my favorite game of all time. I'm going to Corpse Explosion all the things.

In other news I was deeply saddened by Norm Macdonald's death. He was profoundly influential on my sense of humor.
Norm was one of the few to got better and better as he got older. His single season show on Netflix and his most recent special were really terrific. What a loss.

@Sanity_Eclipse: That's happened to me before. I hope your insurance company took care of you!

I've started giving COVID shots to people who are being compelled by their jobs, and the ill-informed, self-righteous, batcrap complaining never ceases! Some guy came in yesterday to get his second shot. He has a mask hanging around his neck that looks to be made of battered cheesecloth:

Me: I'm gonna go ahead and give you this mask.
Him: Oh I've got this one.
Me: Yeah, but I can see through that one.
Him: This is a KN97! It's better than that one. This is a $50 mask!!
Me: *trying to calmly convey that I'm going to stay civil but this exchange is an insult to both our intelligences* ...Alright [with insincere tone]

When I went over to give him the shot, he was wearing the mask I'd given him and didn't complain any more. I have had it with these people.

If I had one general piece of advice for the world right now, it would be "Please keep yourself open to the possibility that you are wrong. It's okay to not know everything."
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 2 years ago

DirkGently wrote:
2 years ago
man I played the %$#% out of that game back in the day. Online, I had this hacked chest piece I want to say that had several pieces of equipment merged into it, and my paladin dude was basically unkillable with the life drain setup =P To give you an idea of how long ago this was, I traded some MUD equipment for that hacked piece.

The online "meta" for diablo II was basically "let's do the cow level for gear over and over and over and over."

But the best times we ever had were multiplayer LAN games at my house back when I lived with my buddies, just going through the base game together and having fun.

Sanity_Eclipse

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 2 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago

@Sanity_Eclipse: That's happened to me before. I hope your insurance company took care of you!
Put in the claim yesterday, gonna call and follow up on it today. We'll see!
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 2 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
If I had one general piece of advice for the world right now, it would be "Please keep yourself open to the possibility that you are wrong. It's okay to not know everything."
It is in fact very ok not only to learn but to change your mind about something when presented with new information. Best of luck with these wackos.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

TheGildedGoose wrote:
2 years ago
...or so the Germans would have us believe!

There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 2 years ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
TheGildedGoose wrote:
2 years ago
...or so the Germans would have us believe!

As a German, i'd like to have you believe he will be missed and has brought much joy into my life. Thoughts with his family, friends and peers.

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Great comedian. Very much one of a kind. I'm really saddened by his passing.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
You should take your own advice.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

cryogen
GΘΔ†

Post by cryogen » 2 years ago

Lifeless wrote:
2 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
It is in fact very ok not only to learn but to change your mind about something when presented with new information. Best of luck with these wackos.
Ooorrrrrrrr.... I can just double down on my assumption of correctness.
Sheldon wrote:You're the reason we can't have nice things.

Legend
Aethernaut

Post by Legend » 2 years ago

cryogen wrote:
2 years ago
Lifeless wrote:
2 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
Ooorrrrrrrr.... I can just double down on my assumption of correctness.
Which you guys are definitely not doing.
“Comboing in Commander is like dunking on a seven foot hoop.” – Dana Roach

“Making a deck that other people want to play against – that’s Commander.” – Gavin Duggan

"I want my brain to win games, not my cards." – Sheldon Menery

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 2 years ago

This beef is very vague.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 2 years ago

I'm not even 100% sure I know who's on which side.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

lyonhaert wrote:
2 years ago
This beef is very vague.
It must be from Arby's.

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

All I know is that I am totally opposed to the entire situation and all its participants, whatever it is.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool

Post by tstorm823 » 2 years ago

Lifeless wrote:
2 years ago
lyonhaert wrote:
2 years ago
This beef is very vague.
It must be from Arby's.
I like Arby's, but kudos on this zing.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

DirkGently

tstorm823 wrote:
2 years ago
I do miss their classic roast beef. Everything else is pretty bad but the roast beef is solid.
Perm Decks

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 2 years ago

DirkGently wrote:
2 years ago
tstorm823 wrote:
2 years ago
I do miss their classic roast beef. Everything else is pretty bad but the roast beef is solid.
I got the taste for arby's in high school but now I have to be in the mood for it
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

cryogen
GΘΔ†

I can definitely pound a 3 for 5 roast beef from there, and their Greek gyro (i don't know what the actual name is) is also decent. I'll pass on the fries though.

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

I actually had Arby's for dinner last night, lol. I just couldn't resist the low hanging joke.

pokken

Post by pokken » 2 years ago

Thanks again to everyone for the positive vibes about the new job, bout to start week 4 next week. So far I've written over a thousand lines of code, improved our data migration process for new reference data between environments and identified some code fixes for that, and developed a really good understanding of the core application and infrastructure. It's going awesome and I love what I'm doing - so much more hands on and effective than my the ivory tower IT Architecture role I was getting shunted into.

I ordered myself a kind of ridiculous over the top present to celebrate :P It's got to ship from Ireland and it's going to take forever (2 months). Pretty stoked though. It's a massive upgrade over my rainsong for me personally as it fixes all the ergonomic flaws with it and adds stainless steel frets to alleviate my nickel allergy some.

And I also am now hopelessly incapable of remembering to use CTRL or CMD (ALT) for shortcuts because of working full time on a Mac. It's damn near unbearable, I might need to switch my personal computer :P

cryogen
GΘΔ†

That's pretty, pokken.

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 2 years ago

pokken wrote:
2 years ago
Thanks again to everyone for the positive vibes about the new job, bout to start week 4 next week. So far I've written over a thousand lines of code, improved our data migration process for new reference data between environments and identified some code fixes for that, and developed a really good understanding of the core application and infrastructure. It's going awesome and I love what I'm doing - so much more hands on and effective than my the ivory tower IT Architecture role I was getting shunted into.

I ordered myself a kind of ridiculous over the top present to celebrate :P It's got to ship from Ireland and it's going to take forever (2 months). Pretty stoked though. It's a massive upgrade over my rainsong for me personally as it fixes all the ergonomic flaws with it and adds stainless steel frets to alleviate my nickel allergy some.

And I also am now hopelessly incapable of remembering to use CTRL or CMD (ALT) for shortcuts because of working full time on a Mac. It's damn near unbearable, I might need to switch my personal computer :P
It's beautiful. I'm jealous that you get to play, I've almost forgotten how at this point.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

DirkGently

Whelp, I preordered D2R. Heaven help me (literally).
Perm Decks

Flux Decks
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 2 years ago

Slightly random question. Can any of you think of any non-creature, red or green cards that depict apes? I'm considering Gruul apes as a theme for my Jumpstart cube, but the only thing I can think of is Bestial Fury.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”