Locked Previous topicNext topic
void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

CCL May Finals

"Quickversity"

Insidious Dreams , taken from johnavonart.com, by John Avon and Wizards of the Coast
Welcome to the Card Creation League! Everyone is free to participate in either or both of the first two rounds. Come join us!

Theme

It's Instant Month here in the CCL - this month will be all about various things done at instant speed.

Challenge
Design a four-card vertical cycle (one common, one uncommon, one rare, and one mythic) of instants and cards with flash. Your cycle must consist of at least one of each.
Clarifications
Show
Hide
  • A vertical cycle is a group of mechanically related cards based on rarity, not color. Usually they're all the same color or colors, but there is no restriction on the cards' colors in this challenge.
  • You could design either three instants and one card with flash, three cards with flash and one instant, or two of each.
  • Make sure to include a rarity.
Contestants:
@slimytrout
@bravelion83
Your submissions are tentatively due Tuesday, June 15th, 23:59 EST.
Schedule
  • Round 1 — Open to Everyone (April 30th-May 7th)
  • Round 2 — Open to Everyone (May 8th-15th)
  • Rounds 1 and 2 Critiques (Due May 17th)
  • Top 8 — Open to top 8 finishers (May 23rd–26th)
  • Top 8 Critiques (Due May 28th)
  • Top 4 — Open to top 4 finishers (May 31st-June 3rd)
  • Top 4 Critiques (Due June 5th)
  • Final (June, winner determined by public poll)
Please note: For this month we will continue asking first and second round contestants to evaluate seven other contestants during the critique and top 3 period, in order to increase the total number of evaluations each contestant gets.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

bravelion83
Back to fighting monsters

Post by bravelion83 » 2 years ago

Pyropunch R
Instant (C)
Pyropunch deals 2 damage divided as you choose between any number of targets.
"You have two hands, use them both!"
—Jaya Ballard

Burning Sword 3R
Artifact — Equipment (U)
Flash
When Burning Sword enters the battlefield, you may attach it to target red creature you control.
Equipped creature has first strike and "Whenever this creature attacks, it deals 2 damage divided as you choose among any number of targets."
Equip 1R

Weapon Mastery 2RR
Enchantment (R)
Flash
Attacking creatures you control get +1/+0.
Whenever one or more creatures you control deal combat damage to a player, Weapon Mastery deals damage equal to the number of attacking creatures divided as you choose among any number of targets.

Hostile Dragon XRR
Creature — Dragon (M)
Flash
Flying
Hostile Dragon enters the battlefield with X +1/+1 counters on it.
Hostile Dragon can't block.
When Hostile Dragon enters the battlefield, it deals damage equal to its power divided as you choose between any number of targets.
0/0
Last edited by bravelion83 2 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
Author of the MCC Guidelines and FAQ. | Thanks to all that have provided feedback about the March MCC. You can find the results in this post.

For my projects (Jeff Lionheart, "One pierced heart, two mindful horns", republished articles from my series "The Lion's Lair", and custom sets), see Leo's content index (Last updated on April 9th 2024 - Added TLL #8).
After I'm done republishing my articles I want to reprise the series focusing it more on editing, wording, and templating. Suggest potential future article topics here.
My CCCG Resume (Updated on February 27th 2024)
Show
Hide
Blue = MTGSalvation Green = MTGNexus
MCC - Winner (9): Oct 2014, Apr Nov 2017, Jan 2018, Apr Jun 2019, Jan Mar 2022, Apr 2023 || Host (30): Dec 2014, Apr Jul Aug Dec 2015, Mar Jul Aug Oct 2016, Feb Jul 2017, Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) Oct 2019, Jan Jun 2020 Apr Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2023, Mar 2024 || Judge (58): every month from Nov 2014 to Nov 2016 except Oct 2015, every month from Feb to Jul 2017 except Apr 2017, then Oct 2017, May Jun Nov 2018, Feb Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), every month from Aug 2019 (first on MTGN) to Feb 2020, May Jun 2020, Mar Apr Sep Oct 2021, Feb May Sep Dec 2022, Mar May Jun Sep Dec 2023, Jan Mar 2024
CCL - Winner (4): Jul 2016 (tied with Flatline), May 2017, Jul 2019 (last on MTGS), Jun 2021 (tied with slimytrout) || Host (5): Feb 2015, Mar Apr May Jun 2016
DCC - Winner (3): Mar 2015 (tied with Piar), Feb Apr 2022 || Host (12): May Oct 2015, Jan 2016, Jun Sep Dec 2021, Mar Jun Sep Dec 2022, Mar Jun 2023

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 2 years ago

Infectious Growth 3G
Instant (C)
Put a +1/+1 counter on target creature, then proliferate. (Choose any number of permanents and/or players, then give each another counter of each kind already there.)
Not all contagions spread destruction.

Aetheric Charger 2GU
Artifact — Vehicle (U)
Flash
Vigilance
Whenever Aetheric Charger attacks or blocks, you get EE.
When Aetheric Charger is put into a graveyard from the battlefield, proliferate.
Crew 2
4/4

Withering Ward 1BGU
Enchantment (R)
Flash
Whenever one or more creatures deal combat damage to you, put a -1/-1 counter on up to one of those creatures, then proliferate.
"Enter this place only if you never wish to leave."
-Inscription on the sanctum of the Rakshasa

Atraxa, Implacable Envoy GWUB
Legendary Creature — Phyrexian Angel (M)
Flash, flying
At the beginning of your upkeep, choose any number:
•Mill four cards. You gain 4 life.
•You lose 4 life. Draw a card.
•Discard a card. Create a 2/2 Horror token with infect.
•Sacrifice a permanent. Proliferate.
4/4

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125

Post by void_nothing » 2 years ago

And now the round is closed! Poll going up soon.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contest Archives”