[Off-Topic] Community Chat Thread

WizardMN
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

Sanity_Eclipse wrote:
2 years ago
@WizardMN what's the art in your avatar pic? I like it.
Not a clue. I randomly found it on the internet. I think someone might have told me where it was from on the MTGSalvation forums so I will see if I can find it. I think it was from a game of some sort, but I am not sure.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 2 years ago

pokken wrote:
2 years ago
I think intentional coding is not likely but unintentional 'the people we are colonizing must deserve it' is pretty much ingrained in western civ now right?:P
I mean, coding is subjective, but I'd say the sliver things are coded more like...bears? Native fauna of some kind? They don't appear to have any communication or culture, they're just a swarming mass of insectoids. They're not exactly the Na'vi. I mean frankly, if you're reading those aliens as being Native American coded, then I assume you'd think every alien species on a non-earth planet was Native American coded. Were they colonizing the aliens in Aliens?

Oh for %$#%'s sake.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

cheonice
Sand is overpowered.

Post by cheonice » 2 years ago

Hm, I'm trying to adjust my signature. Is there any way to crop the ""-BBCode to align it to the middle of the page? So that the coloumns are smaller and aren't going from one side to another?

CardCMCType
Lightning Bolt1Spell
Wild Nacatl1Creature
Atarka's Command2Spell

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by RxPhantom » 2 years ago

For the last week and a half or so, I've felt like a blister was forming on my foot. It never blistered though; there was no open skin. After walking around Hersheypark for three days, still nothing but pain. So I took a closer look with my phone's light, and there was a hair! It had somehow been driven into the hard skin of my foot like a splinter. I'm not a physicist, but I'd think it would take a reasonable amount of force to do that. It was a dog hair. Maybe my dog is Kryptonian or something.
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

TheAmericanSpirit
Supreme Dumb Guy
Answers: 1

Post by TheAmericanSpirit » 2 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
For the last week and a half or so, I've felt like a blister was forming on my foot. It never blistered though; there was no open skin. After walking around Hersheypark for three days, still nothing but pain. So I took a closer look with my phone's light, and there was a hair! It had somehow been driven into the hard skin of my foot like a splinter. I'm not a physicist, but I'd think it would take a reasonable amount of force to do that. It was a dog hair. Maybe my dog is Kryptonian or something.
You should immediately begin regularly shaving your dog and knit a bulletproof sweater. That'll teach the next fool who tries to rob the pharmacy.
There's no biscuits and gravy in New Zealand.
(Except when DirkGently makes them!)

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 2 years ago

RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
After walking around Hersheypark for three days, still nothing but pain.
Not even pain and chocolate? I've been told by reliable sources that you were at the "sweetest place on earth".
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

WizardMN
Answers: 124

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

cheonice wrote:
2 years ago
Hm, I'm trying to adjust my signature. Is there any way to crop the ""-BBCode to align it to the middle of the page? So that the coloumns are smaller and aren't going from one side to another?

CardCMCType
Lightning Bolt1Spell
Wild Nacatl1Creature
Atarka's Command2Spell
You can combine the Align and Box tags to do what you want (I think). Here are a couple examples:
SPOILER
Show
Hide

CardCMCType
Lightning Bolt1Spell
Wild Nacatl1Creature
Atarka's Command2Spell

CardCMCType
Lightning Bolt1Spell
Wild Nacatl1Creature
Atarka's Command2Spell

CardCMCType
Lightning Bolt1Spell
Wild Nacatl1Creature
Atarka's Command2Spell

CardCMCType
Lightning Bolt1Spell
Wild Nacatl1Creature
Atarka's Command2Spell

CardCMCType
Lightning Bolt1Spell
Wild Nacatl1Creature
Atarka's Command2Spell

The Border, Padding, Corners, and Margin are all set to 0 though the Border is the big one. Basically, these are meant to ensure the box pretty much doesn't show up at all. I think if you look super closely, you can see a slightly faded background color of the box compared to the normal post background but it isn't too visible.

While is isn't completely controllable to the point where you can choose the individual column widths, the box width can be adjusted to then force the rest of the code to auto size the columns for you. Just play around to get the right Box width (which is why I put a few different width examples above).

cheonice
Sand is overpowered.

Post by cheonice » 2 years ago

Ha! That's perfect! Thanks a lot!

Lifeless
Not here to contribute.

Post by Lifeless » 2 years ago

I have that crazy hair thing happen to me all the time after shaving - nothing like a nearly invisible beard dagger stuck in your finger so far you have to cut it out.

RxPhantom
Fully Vaxxed, Baby!

Post by RxPhantom » 2 years ago

TheAmericanSpirit wrote:
2 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
You should immediately begin regularly shaving your dog and knit a bulletproof sweater. That'll teach the next fool who tries to rob the pharmacy.
"Excuse me, can I speak to the pharmacist in the hair shirt?"

On a real note, I have a plan for if anyone ever robs the pharmacy: give them whatever they want plus some bonus drugs for not murdering us.

"Gimme all the oxycodone!"
"Sure sure. Would you like a bottle of Adderall for the road?"
tstorm823 wrote:
2 years ago
RxPhantom wrote:
2 years ago
After walking around Hersheypark for three days, still nothing but pain.
Not even pain and chocolate? I've been told by reliable sources that you were at the "sweetest place on earth".
I did have a lot of fun. I had never been. The greatest injustice, though, was that Hershey's best product is pushed so far into the background that it they may as well discontinue it. I speak of course, about the Symphony bar, specifically the blue one. Eat more blue Symphony bars, people!
Can you name all of the creature types with at least 20 cards? Try my Sporcle Quiz! Last Updated: 2/18/22 (Kamigawa: Neon Dynasty)

SocorroTortoise
Not A Turtle

Post by SocorroTortoise » 2 years ago

Lifeless wrote:
2 years ago
I have that crazy hair thing happen to me all the time after shaving - nothing like a nearly invisible beard dagger stuck in your finger so far you have to cut it out.
Easy solution, just stop shaving. Embrace your inner lumberjack.
[Pr]Jaya | Estrid | A rotating cast of decks built out of my box

toctheyounger

Post by toctheyounger » 2 years ago

SocorroTortoise wrote:
2 years ago
Lifeless wrote:
2 years ago
Easy solution, just stop shaving. Embrace your inner lumberjack.
100% agree, I got sick of shaving years ago. My skin is super sensitive so unless I use lotion, specific shaving cream and top of the line razors I end up pink and puffy every time. I also grow facial hair really quickly, so I'd be shaving every second day easy; thus, I've had a beard since the year prior to finishing high school, and almost permanently since then.
Malazan Decks of the Fallen
| Shadowthrone/Lazav | Raest/Yidris | T'iam / The Ur-Dragon |

Sanity_Eclipse

Post by Sanity_Eclipse » 2 years ago

Lulz. I'm of Iberian heritage, so my facial hair is fairly thin and wiry. Doesn't grow super quick either. Have a vaguely decent chin strap / goatee kinda thing going on, forget if it has an actual name ATM.
More Decks
Show
Hide
- Lyra - Naru Meha - Chandra - Lovisa - Nissa -
- Lavinia X - Yuriko - Jhoira - Saheeli - Glissa - Lathril - Meren - Koma -
- Anafenza - Alela - Sen Triplets - Inalla - Sidisi -
- Breya -

pokken

Post by pokken » 2 years ago

My wife hates facial hair since it's scratchy as heck, so I shave basically twice a day at this point. Thankfully my microscreen brwun razor does the job. I prefer it pretty clean shaven.

I kept just a soul patch as a meta joke back when I was a gigging bassist and just grew to really like it so I leave that since it's not much of an impact on the wife.

Switching to a good electric razor has been a like five year journey of learning to use the damn thing and my skin adjusting to it etc. Tons of breakouts and razor burn. But now my face is well trained to just suck it up and settle down.

(Braun 790cc acquired on a Christmas sale at Costco :p)

DirkGently

As long as we're all sharing our facial hair situation, I've been rocking a short beard ever since I did some traveling (must be 6 years ago now...jesus time flies) and couldn't be arsed to shave. And I'm still pretty inconsistent about trimming it tbh. Mostly whenever all my meals start to taste like mustache.
Perm Decks

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

toctheyounger

pokken wrote:
2 years ago
a gigging bassist
Eyy, fellow bassist! Tbh though I haven't even set up my gear in over a year, kids are good for that. Itching to do it though, I need to feel the thump again soon.

pokken

toctheyounger wrote:
2 years ago
pokken wrote:
2 years ago
a gigging bassist
Eyy, fellow bassist! Tbh though I haven't even set up my gear in over a year, kids are good for that. Itching to do it though, I need to feel the thump again soon.

Haven't touched my bass in four years. Been acoustic guitarring at home since it's less trouble space wise.

I have this nonsensically cool fanned fret Moses graphite custom bass but that no one but me would ever want, intentionally so I'd never be tempted to sell it :P been getting a serious urge to get an amp again and destroy my good will with the neighborhood as well.

toctheyounger

pokken wrote:
2 years ago
toctheyounger wrote:
2 years ago
pokken wrote:
2 years ago
a gigging bassist

Haven't touched my bass in four years. Been acoustic guitarring at home since it's less trouble space wise.

I have this nonsensically cool fanned fret Moses graphite custom bass but that no one but me would ever want, intentionally so I'd never be tempted to sell it :P been getting a serious urge to get an amp again and destroy my good will with the neighborhood as well.
Pics required please!

None of my gear is stunning, partly because left handed basses are scant in NZ and partly cause I never got paid for music. Still, it's about how much fun you have with it.

I got a Genz Benz Streamliner 900 with a 600w 4x10 amp a little while back while I was jamming with a cover band, We had one practice session a mate of mine showed up to. He walked off at one point to see how far away he could hear us from, got 3 blocks down the road and gave up :rofl:

DirkGently

toctheyounger wrote:
2 years ago
None of my gear is stunning, partly because left handed basses are scant in NZ and partly cause I never got paid for music. Still, it's about how much fun you have with it.

I got a Genz Benz Streamliner 900 with a 600w 4x10 amp a little while back while I was jamming with a cover band, We had one practice session a mate of mine showed up to. He walked off at one point to see how far away he could hear us from, got 3 blocks down the road and gave up :rofl:
Oh nice, I didn't realize you played. Lmk if you wanna jam with my hurdy gurdy sometime.

(my axe :D )
Perm Decks

Flux Decks
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

toctheyounger

DirkGently wrote:
2 years ago
toctheyounger wrote:
2 years ago

Oh nice, I didn't realize you played. Lmk if you wanna jam with my hurdy gurdy sometime.

(my axe :D )
Sweet axe! It's been a long ass time, to the point I don't even know how my chops are anymore. Right now if I had the time I'd play at the drop of a hat.

pokken

Best I can do at this late hour. Just a quarter pounder p pickup, sperzel locking tuners, stainless steel mandolin sized frets like a dingwall. Swamp ash body.

Scale is 36 to 33.5 so not quite the 37-34 of a ding. I did play one of those for a while and they are stupid nice tho.

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 2 years ago

To whom it may concern: Eid Mubarak :foil:

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 2 years ago

Facial hair wise, I never got into the habit of using a razor. I fail at growing a visually appealing beard, so I got encouraged to take a beard trimmer on board. That solution works for me - I take off the little length control thing and zoom the clippers across my face once every two weeks or so to trim the proceedings off before I devolve into a neckbeard. Could be done more regularly, but I like to grow it out a little bit so I have an easier time telling where I shaved already.

I also happen to be musically active, but my main focus has always been writing. I guess a nontrivial part of why I enjoy EDH so much is that it offers a similar sort of individualistic outlet for creativity. The closest I got to caring about gear was fixating about fuzz pedals for a few years, without fully comprehending that complex chord shapes and fried silicone textures don't go well together. It took me a while to appreciate the importance of production, as the dubious quality of the end product would undermine the validity of the song, overshadowing the composition. As such, my most recent endeavour was to make my material pass a production threshold where it feels like actual music. Upon finding out that pokken is musically inclined, I got him to participate in crowdsourcing the mix, and he was instrumental in getting me to land on the final form.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

materpillar
the caterpillar

Post by materpillar » 2 years ago

I effectively don't grow any facial hair where wolverine has facial hair. Technically some grows there but it's super duper patchy and thin. I basically don't have a choice but to shave it unless I want to look terrible. I can grow a pretty decent moustache and chin strap though. Everyone is aware of the annoy card flicking habit magic players have. I'm really fiddly like that, so if I have facial hair I tend to fiddle with it. I usually go cleanshaven so I'm not constantly feeling up my face around people. XD

I took some Piano lessons in college but I am not musically gifted at all. I have a keyboard which I always mean to practice on more and never seem to get around to doing.

Fun Fact: Even though I don't play piano regularly, my piano lessons were the most applicable to my daily life after college because my piano teacher ended up being 33% teacher, 33% friend, 33% therapist. Funny how the world works sometimes.

pokken

materpillar wrote:
2 years ago

I took some Piano lessons in college but I am not musically gifted at all. I have a keyboard which I always mean to practice on more and never seem to get around to doing.
My daughter uses an app called simply piano. The apps have come a ridiculously long way at teaching and the gamification of the experience really helps her.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”