[Placeholder] Primer - Lands

Diz
Griever
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Diz » 4 years ago

This is the placeholder thread for the Legacy Lands Primer on MTG Nexus. If you would like to take over the primer for this particular deck, please message a Legacy staff member.

Lands is a Red-Green control deck that dominates the game using a wide variety of land cards. Wasteland, Ghost Quarter, and Rishadan Port attack the opponent's mana base, locking them out of casting spells. Karakas, Maze of Ith, Glacial Chasm, Blasting Zone, and The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale keep creatures under control. Dark Depths plus Thespians' Stage can pump out a 20/20 flying indestructible to close out the game, while Barbarian Ring, Punishing Fire plus Grove of the Burnwillows, or Molten Vortex play double duty of controlling the board and ticking your opponent's life total down. Exploration and Mox Diamond help accelerate the gameplan, and Exploration can lead to Wasteland/Ghost Quarter locks when combined with recursion like Life from the Loam, Crucible of Worlds, or Wrenn and Six. Crop Rotation and Gamble help the deck set up whatever it needs, especially when key nonland cards like Punishing Fire and Life from the Loam can self-recur.

Amalek0
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Amalek0 » 4 years ago

Hi. I'm amalek0.

I'm a filthy degenerate that only just gave up on RUG lands recently, long enough to play two opens with pure RG before hall of heliod's generosity was spoiled.

Amalek0

Post by Amalek0 » 4 years ago

I guess this forum is pretty dead for lands; everyone's in the discord or still at the source?

wildfire393
Answers: 1

Post by wildfire393 » 4 years ago

The Legacy forum is still getting up and running. Would you mind sharing your list? I haven't seen a list using Hall before. What are you recurring with it?

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Proven”