The CCL Discussion Thread

Lorn Asbord Schutta
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Lorn Asbord Schutta » 3 years ago

There will be an extension of second round for November.
They are six entries as of now. The moment I notice that they are nine or more, I will give 4-6 hours, and then I will close it.
I want to also remind of critiques for round 1.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

@Pygyzy, you included in your top 3 Subject16, though he was not in your critiques.

slimytrout
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by slimytrout » 3 years ago

Congratulations to @Raptorchan, the winner of the October CCL!

Lorn Asbord Schutta

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
I think we can safely cut to a top 6 for the third round this month.
I actually want to ask all participants (@netn10; @slimytrout; @Subject16; @Pygyzy; @void_nothing; @kwanyeegor-ii; @RaikouRider; @Henlock; @MonoRedMage) about this month's CCL. Due to serious delays I consider those three options:
-Leaving the current formula intact (top 8, then top 4, and finals);
-Changing the third round to top 6 and then it would proceed as normal;
-Making the next round only top 6 and then getting rid of a round - either third or fourth one - as well.

I am waiting for your input on a matter until the end of critiques (24th November 12:00 EST). Considering recent bleed of CCLs onto next month I am personally inclined towards the third option, to not step on December CCL toes as much as possible, but on the other hand CCL is even more participant-driven then other monthly tournaments, so I want to know what participants think before making final decision.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

My vote is top 6, then as normal.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Pygyzy
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Pygyzy » 3 years ago

Ya. Whatever's simplest. Cut to top 6 sounds good

netn10

Post by netn10 » 3 years ago

Cut to top 6.

slimytrout

Definitely cut to top 6 -- I'm indifferent on the number of subsequent rounds.

Henlock

Post by Henlock » 3 years ago

I think top 6 is a good one. Then whatever you consider the best.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

I guess the rest is either indiffrent or silently agree with the rest.
I have not yet decided on number of rounds, but from this month's rounds 1 and 2 we will definitely see top 6 advancing to next round.
Remember to make top 3 and critiques to round 1 and round 2.

MonoRedMage

Post by MonoRedMage » 3 years ago

Agree with the rest 100%!

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Hours left until the end of the third round. Contestants, get you entries in!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Looking at the OP of the round thread - I feel as though people could have been confused by the deadline. It says Tuesday the 30th, when the 30th is tomorrow. I hate to delay this month much further but maybe we should be a little lenient with the entries?
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Lorn Asbord Schutta

void_nothing wrote:
3 years ago
Looking at the OP of the round thread - I feel as though people could have been confused by the deadline. It says Tuesday the 30th, when the 30th is tomorrow. I hate to delay this month much further but maybe we should be a little lenient with the entries?
I have missed that when I was adjusting schedule to new deadlines.
Anyway, we are waiting only for @Henlock. It will be fine if you make your entry within 24 hours. Ofcourse, if you require extension due to some circumstances, just give notice.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

With December I am taking over as your CCL host again! Please note the first round thread will be up relatively late in the day tomorrow (Eastern time) as I am working late.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

While I am not necessarily thrilled about this - due to calendar mercilessly showing December - I think we can live with getting top 4 round for November CCL.

slimytrout

Just a quick clarification question: I assume you're looking for monocolor cards in the final round?

Lorn Asbord Schutta

slimytrout wrote:
3 years ago
Just a quick clarification question: I assume you're looking for monocolor cards in the final round?
Yes, thank you, this month detail tends to slip from my sight. I have corrected the wording.

Lorn Asbord Schutta

The final poll for November CCL have came! We will know the results still in 2020!

Lorn Asbord Schutta

Congratulations to @slimytrout and @void_nothing for winning November CCL! They approached the final challange in different ways, but both proved to be successful.
Also congratulations to @Henlock for getting as far as to finals.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

December's round 4 and January's round 1 are both going up tonight!

Ink-Treader

Post by Ink-Treader » 3 years ago

For December's Round 4, would a mechanic with conditions like Prowl be acceptable? In that it requires creatures of the same type as the card itself to do something (in Prowl's case, deal combat damage to a player)

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...

Sure, that would be fine as long as the creature in question is one of the five types.

MonoRedMage

Post by MonoRedMage » 3 years ago

@slimytrout not trying to lobby to get my score changed but I think you misread my card - witchery is a Genesis type of trigger, not an escape variant!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Contests & Games”