darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 3 years ago

Let's try out this new leak tag!
Unofficial Spoiler Discussion
Blim 2BR
Devil
Flying
Whenever deals combat damage to a player, that player gains control of a permanent you control of your choice. Then each player loses life and discards cards equal to the number of permanents they control but don't own.
4/3

The Rakdos "Zedruu".
Demonic Pact, Forbidden Crypt, Immortal Coil, Lich's Mastery, Nefarious Lich .. yikes!!!
Lich's Tomb, Oath of Lim-Dûl, Phyrexian Negator .. also yikes!!

Anara, Wolfid-Vertraute 3G
Wolf Beast
In your turn your commanders have indestructible
Partner
4/4

The partner Zurgo Helmsmasher. Will see a lot of pairing with board wipe decks.

War Cabinet
Land
T: Add C
3, T, Pay life equal to the amount of colors in your commander's color identity: Draw a card.

Slam dunk in every colorless commander deck ever. Probably will go into a lot of mono-colored decks that don't rely on land types all that much. To be honest can go any deck if you can afford colorless lands, life doesn't matter in commander. The fact that it doesn't require another card in play makes this a very strong colorless land.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

darrenhabib wrote:
3 years ago
I have a Zurgo deck planned out, but unbuilt.
But I've never liked red.
Obviously White and Black are necessary for the wrath, wrath, wrath concept.
And GWB are definitely my color trio.

Red brings Recoup and a couple wraths to the table (Blasph Act & Last One Standing & maybe Storm's Wrath).
Green mostly replaces this loss with Pernicious Deed and Gaze of the Gorgon, and several different Regrowth options.

There's very little other red in my build, and could easily be upgraded by going green instead.

I guess the real question is.. what should the second partner be?
What really compliments this to make the Voltron into a Duotron?
I guess I have to wait and see what WBx partners come out.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 3 years ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
darrenhabib wrote:
3 years ago

Red brings Recoup and a couple wraths to the table (Blasph Act & Last One Standing & maybe Storm's Wrath).
Green mostly replaces this loss with Pernicious Deed and Gaze of the Gorgon, and several different Regrowth options.

There's very little other red in my build, and could easily be upgraded by going green instead.

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
darrenhabib wrote:
3 years ago

As far as I know only the mono-colored legends will have partner in this set. Slim looks really fun and I was thinking of a Xancha deck already and might replace her with Blim.

Malcom also looks need for blue ramp, not sure If I'd run him as a commander though just in the 99
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

ilovesaprolings

Post by ilovesaprolings » 3 years ago

didn't expected so many pirates in there. A couple of them look like draft chaff but some are solid. Maybe Admiral Beckett Brass will finally become playable. That Kaladesh pirate is surely sweet
When do the official spoilers for commander legends start?

Cyberium

Post by Cyberium » 3 years ago

Amareth will probably replace my Alela as the type-matter commander, which uses a mix of Bestow creatures. I look forward to it.

5colorsrainbow
Answers: 1

Post by 5colorsrainbow » 3 years ago

ilovesaprolings wrote:
3 years ago
didn't expected so many pirates in there. A couple of them look like draft chaff but some are solid. Maybe Admiral Beckett Brass will finally become playable. That Kaladesh pirate is surely sweet
When do the official spoilers for commander legends start?
They needed after Ixalan, while the flavor was there and it was cool having the 3 different combos playing different it hurt making a defined commander deck.
The 26th, they pushed the set and spoiler 2 weeks later than originally planned due to the mess that is 2020.
“There are no weak Jews. I am descended from those who wrestle angels and kill giants. We were chosen by God. You were chosen by a pathetic little man who can't seem to grow a full mustache"

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Post by Rumpy5897 » 3 years ago

Kodama of the East Tree 4GG
Legendary Creature - Spirit (R)
Reach
Whenever another permanent enters the battlefield under your control, if it wasn't put onto the battlefield with this ability, you may put a permanent card with equal or lesser converted mana cost from your hand onto the battlefield.
Partner
6/6

Ladies and germs, think we have a winner for dumbest new partner. Run Ishai for colours and go full on Bant flicker filth. Just think of the insanity this is gonna pull with the likes of DEN or Brago. Toss in stuff like Guardian Project to stay topped up. Even freaking fetchlands are silly with this thing. Sheesh.
Screw it, this calls for a tongue-in-cheek skit.
Curtain. GAVIN and PLAYERS.

GAVIN: Hoho it's me the Gavin look at my beard.
PLAYERS: Yes, very beardy.
GAVIN: We've been making Commander Legends for years now! We took ages to make sure that all the partners are going to be fine and won't do anything silly.
PLAYERS: Thank you Gavin.
GAVIN: Look at this fine fellow here. He is a strong card, and does stuff.
PLAYERS: Yes let's look at thi-WHAT?!
GAVIN: Don't worry, I see your worries. That's why we balanced it by making it cost six! We learned from 2019's mistakes that strong legends can't be too affordably costed. Chulane? Korvold? Golos? Kenrith? They all cost five and were stupid. Syr Gwyn? Cost six, was absolute trash by comparison. So we costed this fellow at six!
PLAYERS: But five and six is not that different, that's not why people neglected Gwyn, and this can combine with whatever colours are desired, and... and...
GAVIN: You're welcome!

"Image"

Curtain.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 3 years ago

Eww, yeah that design looks pretty troubling.

Btw where do you guys find this stuff? I haven't seen it on mythicspoiler.
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Hermes_

Post by Hermes_ » 3 years ago

DirkGently wrote:
3 years ago

It's all leaks, apparently someone got a box a hell of a lot sooner than they should have and put it up on ebay along with opening it or something along those lines.
The Secret of Commander (EDH)
Sheldon-"The secret of this format is in not breaking it. "

ilovesaprolings

"we won't make other broken partners"
*proceed to print partners that power up other commanders even by giving hexproof and a partner that makes cascade look like a weak mechanic*
i'm trying to enjoy these partners but they just make me cringe, at best. The only ones i'm liking are glacian and rebbec

Mookie
Answers: 47

Post by Mookie » 3 years ago

ilovesaprolings wrote:
3 years ago
"we won't make other broken partners"
*proceed to print partners that power up other commanders even by giving hexproof and a partner that makes cascade look like a weak mechanic*
i'm trying to enjoy these partners but they just make me cringe, at best. The only ones i'm liking are glacian and rebbec
I don't actually mind the Familiar cycle that much. Do they make an already broken partner stronger? Yes.... but I think that says a lot more about the other partner than it does about the Familiar. That said, them being so cheap to deploy is sort of annoying.

I see a 6CCC cycle, which looks pretty dumb. You get what you pay for, I suppose. Terraforming fetching 10 lands (not even basics) is sort of absurd, as is Soulfire Eruption impulsively drawing a card for everything you can possibly target.

Kodama of the East Tree looks bah-roken. It starts out as Exploration + Mana Reflection (for permanents only), and only gets even dumber from there. Six mana is theoretically a lot, but it still doesn't seem like enough to balance it. Amareth the Shimmering looks laughable in comparison. (I will inquire as to where Kodama of the West Tree is though, since it looks like we already have North, South, and Center)

Yurlok of the Burning Gang brings back mana burn. yaaaaaaay /s.

Averna, Blooming Chaos may force me to finally repeat a color combination for my decks. Cascaaaaaade is one of my favorite mechanics.

(I also see some Scry tribal commanders, which look reasonable)

War Cabinet looks like a solid Manalith-with-upside. Interesting to compare to Bonder's Ornament, but saving a mana at the cost of some life seems like a reasonable deal. I'm a sucker for ramp // mana sink split cards.

Aurami, River of the Dead looks to have some interesting applications. Not quite as potent as Sedris, the Traitor King, but upgrading Unearth to Encore seems.... potent.

DirkGently
My wins are unconditional

Post by DirkGently » 3 years ago

Hermes_ wrote:
3 years ago
It's all leaks, apparently someone got a box a hell of a lot sooner than they should have and put it up on ebay along with opening it or something along those lines.
No, I know where they come from, I mean like what site are you using to look at all the leaks?
Perm Decks
Phelddagrif - Kaervek - Golos - Zirilan

Flux Decks
Gollum - Lobelia - Minthara - Plargg2 - Solphim - Otharri - Graaz - Ratchet - Soundwave - Slicer - Gale - Rootha - Kagemaro - Blorpityblorpboop - Kayla - SliverQueen - Ivy - Falco - Gluntch - Charlatan/Wilson - Garth - Kros - Anthousa - Shigeki - Light-Paws - Lukka - Sefris - Ebondeath - Rokiric - Garth - Nixilis - Grist - Mavinda - Kumano - Nezahal - Mavinda - Plargg - Plargg - Extus - Plargg - Oracle - Kardur - Halvar - Tergrid - Egon - Cosima - Halana+Livio - Jeska+Falthis+Obosh - Yeva - Akiri+Zirda - Lady Sun - Nahiri - Korlash - Overlord+Zirda - Chisei - Athreos2 - Akim - Cazur+Ukkima - Otrimi - Otrimi - Kalamax - Ayli+Lurrus - Clamilton - Gonti - Heliod2 - Ayula - Thassa2 - Gallia - Purphoros2 - Rankle - Uro - Rayami - Gargos - Thrasios+Bruse - Pang - Sasaya - Wydwen - Feather - Rona - Toshiro - Sylvia+Khorvath - Geth - QMarchesa - Firesong - Athreos - Arixmethes - Isperia - Etali - Silas+Sidar - Saskia - Virtus+Gorm - Kynaios - Naban - Aryel - Mizzix - Kazuul - Tymna+Kraum - Sidar+Tymna - Ayli - Gwendlyn - Phelddagrif - Liliana - Kaervek - Phelddagrif - Mairsil - Scarab - Child - Phenax - Shirei - Thada - Depala - Circu - Kytheon - GrenzoHR - Phelddagrif - Reyhan+Kraum - Toshiro - Varolz - Nin - Ojutai - Tasigur - Zedruu - Uril - Edric - Wort - Zurgo - Nahiri - Grenzo - Kozilek - Yisan - Ink-Treader - Yisan - Brago - Sidisi - Toshiro - Alexi - Sygg - Brimaz - Sek'Kuar - Marchesa - Vish Kal - Iroas - Phelddagrif - Ephara - Derevi - Glissa - Wanderer - Saffi - Melek - Xiahou Dun - Lazav - Lin Sivvi - Zirilan - Glissa - Ashling1 - Angus - Arcum - Talrand - Chainer - Higure - Kumano - Scion - Teferi1 - Uyo - Sisters
PDH - Drake - Graverobber - Izzet GM - Tallowisp - Symbiote
Brawl - Feather - Ugin - Jace - Scarab - Angrath - Vraska - Kumena
Oathbreaker - Wrenn&6

Dragoon

Post by Dragoon » 3 years ago

Mookie wrote:
3 years ago
War Cabinet looks like a solid Manalith-with-upside. Interesting to compare to Bonder's Ornament, but saving a mana at the cost of some life seems like a reasonable deal. I'm a sucker for ramp // mana sink split cards.
War Cabinet is a land though :p
DirkGently wrote:
3 years ago
Hermes_ wrote:
3 years ago
No, I know where they come from, I mean like what site are you using to look at all the leaks?

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 3 years ago

Mookie wrote:
3 years ago
Yurlok of the Burning Gang brings back mana burn. yaaaaaaay /s.
I've had a stack of cards set aside to build jund shamans for, like, years at this point? The punisher sub-theme shamans have going felt out of place even in that context, but now I've got a new toy to ponder.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

ilovesaprolings

Thank god they added the "it becomes a pirate" clause on that orc pirate! Thank god! I can't believe they finally learnt!

Borca gets a card! I can't believe it too. Soon all the og Ravnica characters will get a card. Too bad he's jank.

mardu get an "enchantress" general! Wow! That was unexpected.

And then we have Gnostro, who looks... really really bad. Am i missing something?

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

Hermes_ wrote:
3 years ago
DirkGently wrote:
3 years ago

Considering the sheer number of some of the rares, I do not think it's a question of a box, but rather a crate that "fell of the back of a truck."
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 3 years ago

I was drinking some water and almost choked as I read Ghen. I always wanted a repeatable enchantment sac outlet with a neat effect. Here I thought I would have to suffice with Blim as a way to get rid of enchantments that had run their course! Obviously it would have been better with green (Femeref Enchantress!), but I'm not complaining as Mardu has some strong, annoying enchantments as well.

Mostly I've wanted to use Treacherous Blessing without the drawbacks.
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

UnfulfilledDesires
Pronoun: they / them

Post by UnfulfilledDesires » 3 years ago

I'm thrilled by Yurlok bringing back mana burn. I doubt I'll build a deck around the card because I already have two Jund lists I'm happy with, but I'm glad mana burn has finally returned to the game! I hope to play against Yurlok.

Ghen, on the other hand, is more tempting as I'm not super attached to the Queen Marchesa deck I've been working on. I adore enchantments. I imagine I'll at least brainstorm a list at some point & see if I like it. I don't see any amazing interactions so far, given how much the ability costs to activate, but being able to active at instant speed is sweet.

nobody

Post by nobody » 3 years ago

Anyone else excited for Tormod, I bought out a lot of older cards that synergies with him!

BounceBurnBuff

Post by BounceBurnBuff » 3 years ago

Mardu gets Enchantress? Watch Abzan get snubbed for this again this set, I can't imagine where else it'll be coming after we had all the Wedge focus this year.

Toshi
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

Post by Toshi » 3 years ago

I just realized how crazy the interaction of Amareth with Oracle of Mul Daya and Fetches is. Hitting up to 2 additional lands - let alone other Fetches - off of it is crazy good.
Amareth the Shimmering
Show
Hide
Amareth the Shimmering 3GWU

Legendary Creature — Dragon (R)

Flying

Whenever another permanent enters the battlefield under your control, reveal the top card of your library. If it shares a type with that permanent, you may reveal that card and put it into your hand.

6/6

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 3 years ago

nobody wrote:
3 years ago
Anyone else excited for Tormod, I bought out a lot of older cards that synergies with him!
Ew buyouts. Are you actually thinking of building a deck or just being an impediment to people who actually want to play him in the hope of getting a quick few bucks? I know he looks quite good in Varina in the 99.

ISBPathfinder
Bebopin

Post by ISBPathfinder » 3 years ago

darrenhabib wrote:
3 years ago
Let's try out this new leak tag!
War Cabinet
Land
T: Add C
3, T, Pay life equal to the amount of colors in your commander's color identity: Draw a card.

Slam dunk in every colorless commander deck ever. Probably will go into a lot of mono-colored decks that don't rely on land types all that much. To be honest can go any deck if you can afford colorless lands, life doesn't matter in commander. The fact that it doesn't require another card in play makes this a very strong colorless land.
I think that its probably not quite as huge as that. Its true that its a big improvement over what we had before with Arch of Orazca but I think four mana to draw a card is still kind of insane mana to throw around for drawing a card. Its on a land so I do think I will at least test it some but I did try testing Arch of Orazca and I don't think I ever activated that card. Its true that four mana and a little life is probably better than six mana but honestly, I kind of think it should have been less than four mana still.

Its worth testing, I just don't have much for hope after my experience with Arch of Orazca.
[EDH] Vadrok List (Suicide Chads) | Evelyn List (Vamp Mill) | Sanwell List | Danitha List | Indominus List | Ratadrabik List

Serenade
UnderKing

Post by Serenade » 3 years ago

I use Bonders' Enclave in monogreen decks. I've only activated a few times, and it's nice that it's available, but it does always feel inefficient. Maybe we're just so spoiled by strong card draw these days.

I do like War Cabinet as design space to try to help out monocolored decks over multicolored decks, though. I'll try it out in mono decks and Boros (especially something like Zirda).
Mirri, Cat Warrior counts as a Cat Warrior.

BeneTleilax

Post by BeneTleilax » 3 years ago

I feel like pure mana sinks have been falling quickly out of fashion after so many of the strongest ramp pieces bring their own sinks *cough* Kinnan, Bonder Prodigy *cough*. On the whole, we've just been seeing an absurd consolidation in battlecruiser and ramp archetypes, where there were a wide variety of beaters, draw, ramp and sinks, now everything is slowly centralizing around the best beater-draw-ramp-sinks. So I don't think War Cabinet would see play, though in an earlier, better EDH it certainly would have.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Commander”