Your last legacy games

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

To start, the purpose of this thread is for people to share their latest / last games played in legacy. This thread is not about legacy dying, it is for sharing some last memories or experiences playing this great format.

my last and best legacy deck is a Storm deck, so it's a report on how I did with it. :)
these happened more than 7 years ago, so trying to remember it as much as possible.

vs, mono white Sfm 2-0

Game 1: he cast Stoneforge on turn two. Win with tendrils of agony on my turn.

Game 2: he side in some cards. I side in nothing. He goes first. Create 8 goblins on my turn 1. He scoop.

vs. 8-rack 0-2

Game 1 : my hand get's wrecked, and lose to the enchantment that cause players to lose 3 life if they have less than a certain number of cards in hand.

Game 2: got him down to 4 or 5 life with goblin tokens, but he stabilized. Could have won this, but I tilted and made a mistake on the sequence of spells to combo again.

vs. Reanimator 1-2

Game 1: Iona naming black. I scoop.

Game 2: my preordain get duressed and then surgically extract... wtf! :omg: But I was able to get enough storm count from past in flames.. and finally able to kill him with tendrils.

Game 3: again, so close to victory. He was down to 2 or 3 life when he brought out a Blazing Archon. Still I have enough spells to combo a second time, but he is one turn faster.. brought out Iona the turn before I was about to go off with a lethal tendrils. :sweat:

well, that's it. My last games in legacy before moving to modern.

my storm deck is still intact in a box, and someday, I might return playing here.
The only problem is there's no one to play with anymore, so our playgroup had to move on to modern.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

drmarkb

Post by drmarkb » 3 years ago

My last Legacy was a few months back- and my next is 23 players FNM in Cardiff in Sept- I hope. Masks at the ready.....

I remember my last couple of events-I played Parfait in Jan and W stax Feb, or vice versa. Went 3-1 with the former, losing to infect- and 2-2 the latter. I remember Merfolk in Deck I went 2-2........

EDIT- looks like I played Parfait twice to 3-1 in that list.

Diz
Griever
Pronoun: she / her

Post by Diz » 3 years ago

I played Oracle's Shift against High Tide tonight. High Tide got wreeecked.

I was playing my more casual version as I'm still slowly upgrading it, but my friend wanted an arms race, so he's getting an arms race. And I'm winning.

schweinefett

Post by schweinefett » 3 years ago

We jammed some games of solidarity high tide and urza-bomberman hybrid vs RUG delver and TES storm.

Some good games; some non-games (chalice and karn on the board is hard to crawl out of from TES side).

Trying to find some other fun deck to bring to the paper legacy nights. Am trying to brew something that has a chains of mephistopheles and blood moon in it.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

@Iso

Oracle shift. First time I heard of this legacy deck. Looks like it's a combo. How does it play?

@schweinefett

Urza bomberman.. also first time I heard of this one. Nice, it seems so many new legacy decks appeared on the time I was gone here.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

drmarkb

We got to run a Legacy FNM of 24 players on Sept 4th- sadly all abandoned now for the immediate future.....(
My report is in this forum and The Source.........

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

@drmarkb

which thread is your report. Can you give link? thanks.

drmarkb

Monthly top 8 Legacy archetypes, Cardiff, UK.
24 registered players max due to Covid.
The last entry covers the event.

Diz
Griever

Post by Diz » 3 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago
Oracle shift. First time I heard of this legacy deck. Looks like it's a combo. How does it play?
It's a fun little thing I came up with and threw together when Thassa's Oracle was spoiled. I'll respond to you in the thread about the deck!

drmarkb

Paradigm shift and Oracle have turned Merfolk into a plan A and Plan A deck too. Oracle has reinvigorated Doomsday. This would have been huge if it were not for Oko, Uro, Veil, Breach, Companions etc.

Diz
Griever

Post by Diz » 2 years ago

drmarkb wrote:
3 years ago
Paradigm shift and Oracle have turned Merfolk into a plan A and Plan A deck too. Oracle has reinvigorated Doomsday. This would have been huge if it were not for Oko, Uro, Veil, Breach, Companions etc.
Good think Oko and Breach are banned, and Companions are now nerfed, eh? :^)

drmarkb

Post by drmarkb » 2 years ago

Endurance has sorted Oracle to an extent, outside of Doomsday, maybe.
Merfolk swung back round to dudes.
Legacy is on a decentish place, but Prismatic Ending has ruined the subtlety of UWx control. Bant is best, full stop, and the UWx decks remove anything in their path with ease.
Chalice has thus become rubbish on 1, its main use us now on zero vs LED decks. Any lock permanent that does not rapidly scew your opponent's ability to cast Prismatic Ending is not worth urinating on.
I have not bothered posting our 20 player FNM results or similar here, as the traffic has been very low, but with Saga and its MH2 mates, including Monkey, we have a new format.

Diz
Griever

Post by Diz » 1 year ago

Got to play some Magic on Tuesday. Had a friend over for some Casual-60, and we jammed some Legacy, as well, because I wanted to test Ethereal Forager in Oracle's Shift. Unfortunately, none of the games we played enabled me to actually use Foragers, but Lab Man has felt rather weak in the deck for a while, as compared to Thassa's Oracle and the Jace that wins you the game with an empty deck. I'm considering something like TNN or Delver in its stead for when I can't combo off or for games that take longer where I don't have Thought Lash out. There was one game that came down to a counterspell war, which he won; I was also extremely high while playing, and accidentally flipped my deck with Paradigm Shift without a win con in hand or in grave. Whoops!

Additionally got to play Sneak & Breach against 8cast, which were some really interesting matches. During one of them, he swarmed me with Thopters, and I did my damnedest to hold him off for as long as possible, but didn't draw an Emrakul (which I desperately needed) until I had like, 15 cards left in my deck. (I run 2.) I was able to stay alive off of Lifelink triggers from Griselbrand and Wurmcoil Engine/one of its tokens, and I did miss a Worldspine trigger early on (putting it back in the deck might have helped, and as with Emrakul, I only run 2.). I was able to stave off his assaults with my Worldspine tokens, and at one point, I was forced to hardcast a Simian Spirit Guide for protection. I got some reasonable value out of Ilharg being able to tuck itself back in the deck, utilizing his attack trigger with Griselbrand's Lifelink to repeatedly gain 7 and draw 7 instead of only having the one instance that Sneak or Breach would afford me. There was also a round where my friend put out Pithing Needle (which he runs in main board in that deck due to Urza's Saga being a dumb card) naming Sneak, which I then proceeded to Breach into Emrakul for a win; he had 7 permanents, and, for some reason, decided it would be a good idea to sacrifice the Needle to my Annihilator trigger? Which enabled me to drop my other Emrakul the next turn, giving me the win. He thought he could chip away at me with a 4/4 Construct, and, in defiance, I Sneak Attack'd in that Emrakul to block and kill it, leaving him with nothing, and then cheated in my topdecked Wurmcoil on my turn.

Overall, fun matches.

Diz
Griever

Post by Diz » 1 year ago

Got to whip out Sneak & Breach, yesterday. Played against UR Delver, and D&T. D&T got crushed every round but one, where I kept a dead hand. Delver got crushed every round but two, one of which where I kept a dead hand (no threats) to see what I could make of it, and the other of which where I kept a hand as a joke to see if I could win on T1 where my play was Crystal Vein, crack it for 2 mana → Lotus Petal → Seething Song → Sneak Attack where I had a Griselbrand and Worldspine Wurm in hand. (Sneak got FoW'd, which I fully expected would happen, and I scooped.)

Clutch play of the day was casting Trinisphere, which got Dazed, and paying the 1 with an SSG, which solidified my ability to keep ahead in the arms race.

Diz
Griever

Post by Diz » 5 months ago

I've been building some Legacy stuff, lately, to have some variety when I play with my one IRL friend that also plays Legacy. I've put together Nic Fit, Reanimator, Turbo Depths, and Delver Shadow. (I tend to lean towards combo decks, with my other two Legacy decks being Sneak & Breach and Oracle's Shift, if you hadn't noticed. :P ) I still find Legacy to be the best/most fun sanctioned 60-card format, and I enjoy the vast swath of viable decks in the format.

I did a mini tournament between all of my decks. Each match was a 2/3 with no siding. Here's the results:

Sneak & Breach vs. Oracle's Shift: S&B win
Sneak & Breach vs. Delver Shadow: S&B win
Sneak & Breach vs. Reanimator: Reanimator win (really %$#%' hard to play through an opening hand of 2 Chancellor, followed by 2 on-board Chancellor)
Sneak & Breach vs. Nic Fit: S&B win
Sneak & Breach vs. Depths: S&B win (Blood Moon = ouch)

Oracle's Shift vs. Depths: Shift win (Depths doesn't have any counterplay against the speedy win con of this deck)
Oracle's Shift vs. Nic Fit: Nic Fit win (apparently Assassin's Trophy and Cabal Therapy are brutal against this deck)
Oracle's Shift vs. Reanimator: Reanimator win (something something Sire of Insanity and Chancellor of the Annex)
Oracle's Shift vs. Delver Shadow: Shift win (there were a lot of counterspell wars that were fun to have, and Delver won a round with Shadows and Murktide, but Shift outsped it in the last round)

Depths vs. Nic Fit: Depths win (punching through Assassin's Trophy was difficult but resilience won out over Progenitus)
Depths vs. Reanimator: Reanimator win (this deck is proving to be truly brutal to play against)
Depths vs. Delver Shadow: Depths win (even a flipped Delver and 3 Murktides couldn't stall long enough to eke out a win)

Nic Fit vs. Reanimator: Reanimator win (if you've been paying attention, this shouldn't be a surprise)
Nic Fit vs. Delver Shadow: Delver win (it was close, and a 1-2, but there were just too many times where Nic Fit did literally nothing - I either had mana but not cheaty spells, or cheaty spells but not mana. Retrospectively, I shouldn't have kept the hand in the third game, but oh well.)

Reanimator vs. Delver Shadow: There were a few back-and-forths with Murktides and Reanimator's flyers, but it was mostly a stomp in Reanimator's favor. Counterspells apparently mean nothing against the deck because everything is so %$#% cheap.

So yeah, that's where things currently stand.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Legacy”