COVID-19 Impacts First Wave Of Jumpstart

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

I guess this news is a little sad. Shipments reduced.

https://articles.starcitygames.com/news ... jumpstart/
jump.jpg
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

DJK3654
Compulsive set designer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DJK3654 » 3 years ago

Oh well. It's not a limited print run, so it shouldn't be much of a problem I imagine(?).
I have a suspicion we will see Jumpstart sequel products in the near future as well.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

DJK3654 wrote:
3 years ago
Oh well. It's not a limited print run, so it shouldn't be much of a problem I imagine(?).
I have a suspicion we will see Jumpstart sequel products in the near future as well.
to my understanding, there's a high demand for some of the cards online, so the early online demand of it should be a good indicator that it will also be successful in paper, Not to mention more casual players tend to play paper more. I can see it being a staple among products that they can direct to casual players while still being able to print cards for competitive players in it.

It's kinda rough that there have been problems with the shipment but its to be expected right now

Card Slinger J
Nope Not Today
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Card Slinger J » 3 years ago

Yeah Jumpstart reprints like Craterhoof Behemoth are still struggling to find their price point within the Secondary Market right now due to shipment delays. One of my LGSs were only able to obtain one booster box of Jumpstart from our local distributor while they still have plenty of Double Masters and Zendikar Rising in stock. Don't know If we'll ever get another print run for Mystery Booster which has been sold out for quite some time now.

The good news is that the reprints from Mystery Booster were added onto "The List" where Wizards of the Coast plans to distribute them in future Standard sets as lottery cards or box toppers. Personally I would've just added the reprints in each booster pack and call it a day. Just do away with Collectors Editions with all the flashy variants hurting LGSs and stick with reprints from "The List" where they can continue to add more old cards that are in desperate need of reprints.
"Salvation is for those who are afraid of Hell. Spirituality is for those who have lived through it."

- Ralph Smart

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

I've heard that bundles for Zendikar Rising are delayed due to production or distribution issues

In regards to Jumpstart, I can see a lot of the cards being absurd until supply issues get resolved. Some of the new cards like that one drop elf and Tiny Bones are already super high

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “General Discussion”