Your last legacy games

The Fluff
is this so?
Pronoun: Unlisted

Titles & Recognition

Post by The Fluff » 3 months ago

To start, the purpose of this thread is for people to share their latest / last games played in legacy. This thread is not about legacy dying, it is for sharing some last memories or experiences playing this great format.

my last and best legacy deck is a Storm deck, so it's a report on how I did with it. :)
these happened more than 7 years ago, so trying to remember it as much as possible.

vs, mono white Sfm 2-0

Game 1: he cast Stoneforge on turn two. Win with tendrils of agony on my turn.

Game 2: he side in some cards. I side in nothing. He goes first. Create 8 goblins on my turn 1. He scoop.

vs. 8-rack 0-2

Game 1 : my hand get's wrecked, and lose to the enchantment that cause players to lose 3 life if they have less than a certain number of cards in hand.

Game 2: got him down to 4 or 5 life with goblin tokens, but he stabilized. Could have won this, but I tilted and made a mistake on the sequence of spells to combo again.

vs. Reanimator 1-2

Game 1: Iona naming black. I scoop.

Game 2: my preordain get duressed and then surgically extract... wtf! :omg: But I was able to get enough storm count from past in flames.. and finally able to kill him with tendrils.

Game 3: again, so close to victory. He was down to 2 or 3 life when he brought out a Blazing Archon. Still I have enough spells to combo a second time, but he is one turn faster.. brought out Iona the turn before I was about to go off with a lethal tendrils. :sweat:

well, that's it. My last games in legacy before moving to modern.

my storm deck is still intact in a box, and someday, I might return playing here.
The only problem is there's no one to play with anymore, so our playgroup had to move on to modern.
Expand Signature
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // OE 2016 // POF 2018
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

drmarkb

Post by drmarkb » 2 months ago

My last Legacy was a few months back- and my next is 23 players FNM in Cardiff in Sept- I hope. Masks at the ready.....

I remember my last couple of events-I played Parfait in Jan and W stax Feb, or vice versa. Went 3-1 with the former, losing to infect- and 2-2 the latter. I remember Merfolk in Deck I went 2-2........

EDIT- looks like I played Parfait twice to 3-1 in that list.

Iso
Griever

Titles & Recognition

Post by Iso » 2 months ago

I played Oracle's Shift against High Tide tonight. High Tide got wreeecked.

I was playing my more casual version as I'm still slowly upgrading it, but my friend wanted an arms race, so he's getting an arms race. And I'm winning.

schweinefett

Post by schweinefett » 2 months ago

We jammed some games of solidarity high tide and urza-bomberman hybrid vs RUG delver and TES storm.

Some good games; some non-games (chalice and karn on the board is hard to crawl out of from TES side).

Trying to find some other fun deck to bring to the paper legacy nights. Am trying to brew something that has a chains of mephistopheles and blood moon in it.

The Fluff
is this so?

Titles & Recognition

Post by The Fluff » 2 months ago

@Iso

Oracle shift. First time I heard of this legacy deck. Looks like it's a combo. How does it play?

@schweinefett

Urza bomberman.. also first time I heard of this one. Nice, it seems so many new legacy decks appeared on the time I was gone here.
Expand Signature
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

drmarkb

We got to run a Legacy FNM of 24 players on Sept 4th- sadly all abandoned now for the immediate future.....(
My report is in this forum and The Source.........

The Fluff
is this so?

Titles & Recognition

Post by The Fluff » 2 months ago

@drmarkb

which thread is your report. Can you give link? thanks.
Expand Signature

drmarkb

Monthly top 8 Legacy archetypes, Cardiff, UK.
24 registered players max due to Covid.
The last entry covers the event.

Iso
Griever

Titles & Recognition

Post by Iso » 1 month ago

The Fluff wrote:
2 months ago
Oracle shift. First time I heard of this legacy deck. Looks like it's a combo. How does it play?
It's a fun little thing I came up with and threw together when Thassa's Oracle was spoiled. I'll respond to you in the thread about the deck!

drmarkb

Post by drmarkb » 1 month ago

Paradigm shift and Oracle have turned Merfolk into a plan A and Plan A deck too. Oracle has reinvigorated Doomsday. This would have been huge if it were not for Oko, Uro, Veil, Breach, Companions etc.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Legacy”