Goblins

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

figured I'd start a thread on the Historic Goblins deck since there wasn't an existing thread on it

anyways here's a relatively recent list

Deck pretty much became super good when Muxus, Goblin Grandee was printed in Jumpstart

I just started trying to learn the deck (super late I know). Can anyone give pointers with the deck?

Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

I don't play the deck, but I've played against it so much that I've noticed a few things, so take what I say with a grain of salt.
  • First off, I would replace Forgotten Cave with an untapped red source. I've found that a tapped land is as good as time walk for the opponent since the deck is really an aggro/toolbox/combo deck and you want to be using as much mana as you can each turn.
  • If you play a Conspicuous Snoop on turn 2 and reveal a Krenko, Mob Boss, set an upkeep stop and activate the Snoop before you draw Kenko. This is a common mistake I see Goblin players do even up in high plat and diamond.
  • Know when to be an aggro deck and when to lean on Krenko and Muxus, Goblin Grandee. A lot of times I've faced opponents who are unwilling to attack because they are trying to play to a Muxus win.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

lands that enter tapped are probably just bad, I agree.

Role assessment and what kind of plan I wanna take are probably what I need to work on, which I'm sure will come with practice over time. I've definitely caught myself not being as aggressive as I could have been when I was attempting to learn the deck before

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Established”