[M20] Potential Includes and Testing

CadaverousBl00m
The New Dread Pirate Roberts
Pronoun: he / him

Post by CadaverousBl00m » 4 years ago

Welp, no peasant or pauper fiends trundling over here to fire these threads up yet. So here goes...

What I'm pondering for my (cut-down abilities, kids only) Peasant cube...
Vampire of the Dire Moon does a lot of annoying for a single mana. I'll probably drop the unpopular Vampire Lacerator for it.
Wildfire Elemental out of the planeswalker decks seems pretty good. It's likely better than the dumb beater Qal Sisma Behemoth that I'm currently running.
I'd love to find room for Chandra Two Shocks and Risen Reef, but I've got barely any Elementals in the cube at the moment, and I suspect they'd both need at least a critical mass to be good. :\
Jank deck builder, raconteur, teacher of the next generation, known Johnny associate, PucaTrade addict, holder of EDH / multiplayer / cube kitchen table wisdom, God-fearer, rebel scum.
Currently authoring cube articles for StrictlyAverageMtG.

FunkyDragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by FunkyDragon » 4 years ago

Vampire of the Dire Moon really does a lot for one mana, and I've included it in my cube. One of these days, I hope to cast it turn one and follow up with Scale Up on turn two for a twelve-point live swing. It also makes for a mini vertical cycle with Gifted Aetherborn at two and Vampire Nighthawk at three.

I actually find it really interesting that three sets in a row we've gotten a one-drop with multiple keyworded abilities - Banehound and Segovian Angel and now this. It makes me curious how much more power creep we'll have at this level.

Risen Reef is great with Elementals, but without them, it's a more expensive Coiling Oracle that trades reveal/untapped land for no reveal/tapped land. I don't plan to run it.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Peasant Cube Lists and Discussion”