Throne of Eldraine Spoilers for Peasant Cube

Ulka
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Ulka » 4 years ago

So far the cards spoiled have been interesting but one of the few cards that has me extremely excited is Embereth Shieldbreaker. I feel like ti will be a solid Manic Vandal Variant that also has the ability to be used by the UR spellslinger Archetype that most Peasant Cubes seem to have.

Other cards Im looking at is Syr Konrad, the Grim. Between reanimator, Mill, and Aristrocrats this card can be used to full effect and offers a nice beatstick.

Now I know Im unique in running a Tinker package in Peasant Cube and animating faerie seems very interesting for that as it provides and animate artifact while also being a solid flier for the fliers archetype.

ShineChaser is a fairly unique card and with my tinker package bleeding into white and Blue mostly this offers a cool flier for the cube. While not a slam dunk include, I feel this could be worth considering currently.

Keeper of Fables is an Interesting Card. It does have a Non-human clause which could be detrimental but worth considering and atleast taking a look at.
Modern: Goryo's Gifts | Heartless Architect | Soul Sisters | MonoGreen Devotion
Pauper: Blackened Eggs | Zombies | Domain Zoo | Sultai Teachings | Jund Gardens

FunkyDragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by FunkyDragon » 4 years ago

Hey, there are people here! I've only been checking in here sporadically because it seems everyone stayed over at mtgsalvation.

As for Throne of Eldraine - it's interesting; I haven't quite decided what I think of the new mechanics, and there aren't any cards yet that I really feel like I need to add.

Sure, Syr Konrad, the Grim is interesting, but I'm not sure I'd want to run him over Falkenrath Noble (at least in Peasant Cube - in Commander, I'm totally building around him).

Adventure is interesting but adds complication to the cube. Order of Midnight I might consider, and maybe Embereth Shieldbreaker, but I don't feel like either is an auto-include.

I'm hoping we'll get something awesome in the remaining spoilers, though.

VariSami
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by VariSami » 4 years ago

For what it is worth, here are my Throne of Eldraine additions:
Most were ultimately pretty easy additions; I like the interaction with Faerie Vandal and any looter or rummager which I already run in large numbers so it felt like a good enough reason to take out a more reliable 2-power evasive attacker. The ceiling is so much higher, simply put, and the condition for a comparable expected floor is easy to fill. Foulmire Knight mostly made it because I like it more than Vampire of the Dire Moon for which I had made room earlier, and Syr Faren, the Hengehammer gets tested because despite the cost, there are plenty of potential synergies which I like in concept, at least. I ended up leaving out Embereth Shieldbreaker since it is only better than a Goblin Piker when there are artifacts and ultimately, I want more flexibility from my solutions (e.g. Goblin Cratermaker). Syr Alin, the Lion's Claw had an easier time getting in my CUbe partly because I had a floating white high end creature slot and because I value first strike higher thanks to Kwende, Pride of Femeref being in my CUbe.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Peasant Cube Lists and Discussion”