Kaladesh Remastered Speculation

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Guardman
A Dog's Dream of Man
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Guardman » 3 years ago

Kaladesh Remastered is coming sometime in November (when exactly is up to anyone's guess, but probably more like mid to late November given that Nov. 5 is the start of pre-orders). At this time we don't know the exact number of cards in the set, but we do know that it will be curated, which means not all of the cards from the block are going to be in the set. It is also likely that the set will include reprints from older sets like were in Amonkhet Remastered. This thread is to discuss what cards you think will be in, what cards will be out, what "new" cards might be in the set, etc. The one confirmed card so far is Aether Hub.

Kaladesh has the distinction of being the second most banned recent standard set (for convivence sake I am treating the block as a singular set) with five bans: Aetherworks Marvel, Attune with Aether, Felidar Guardian, Rogue Refiner, and Smuggler's Copter. Of those five it seems pretty safe to say that it would be shocking if Felidar Guardian or Smuggler's Copter where in the set. Felidar Guardian is a problem waiting to happen (plus they probably want to include Saheeli Rai since she is a planeswalker and all) and Smuggler's Copter is just a problem waiting to happen. I also think Aetherworks Marvel is unlikely to be in the set, especially with Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger already in Historic, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see it in the set since it is a splashy card that hasn't broken Pioneer. The other two are probably fine and I wouldn't be surprised to see in the set since they are two of the stronger energy cards (and important in the draft energy strategy if I remember right), and were really only banned in standard due to the sins of energy as a mechanic. Being able to curate what cards are in (plus Historic being more powerful than Standard), there probably isn't too much worry about Energy causing problems.

The number one card I would be shocked to see in the set is Walking Ballista. The most important pieces of the Mono-White Devotion deck are already in Historic (and are running around, sans Arcanist's Owl, in the Soul Sisters deck). It would have to be a day one ban if they did reprint it.

As for cards I think will be in the set, I believe all of the Planeswalkers and Legendary Creatures (excluding Gonti, Lord of Luxury since he was in Jumpstart) given how important and popular they have become. I also think the enemy fast lands are sure ins. Other cards I believe will most like be in are some of the popular vehicles like Heart of Kiran, Skysovereign, Consul Flagship, and Aethersphere Harvester. And probably Fatal Push and Electrostatic Pummeler (mostly on the Pummeler because it is a fun build around type card).

As for new reprints, I don't really know. I looked at the Kaldesh Innovations, but almost all are either cards that are already in Historic (or will be in Kaladesh), or are just too powerful. And I can't really think of any specific sideboard/hate card that the format needs. My out of the box idea would be the other five fastlands though.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

I am thinking they'll add some common mana fixing, as the block is severely lacking in that department. This is mostly to make deckbuilding more smooth. Now the main question if they'll go with the common tap lands, the Tarkir refuges, or go with the old standbys of Evolving Wilds + Shimmering Grotto/Unknown Shores. It is possible they downshift Aether Hub, but I doubt it.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Speculation”