Zendikar III

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 years ago

4-COLOR OMNATH CONFIMRED!!!!

HES LEARNING WHITE NEXT FROM HIS YELLOW ARM!

(question is whill the commander deck involve omnath learning the last color (black) thus a 5-color commander deck

The N82O Molecule

Post by The N82O Molecule » 3 years ago

well I watched the panel by Maro and it was uneventful in regards to zendy info

three walkers so Jace Nissa and nahiri (by looks of booster)

omnath gets another color(as stated above but Maro mentions a speculation but we know its omnath)

the roil I guess is still a thing and will be the most likely be the "enemy" since there are no Eldrazi. and now I wonder if we will ever see Eldrazi, they need their own home.

I suppose you'll have the standard tribes on color vs elementals (in all colors and dual colors) and the roil.

Maro said there were a lot of lands in the set, but when you conceive at least 2 common lands for each color, then the land for mana fixing the space starts getting smaller and smaller. here is hoping a cool cycle of man lands, perhaps a dual color and single color? maybe three or even four color ones for omnath to manage.

I think that's about it. not a lot. which makes sense cause I think they (wizards or hasbro) want to focus on double masters.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

The N82O Molecule wrote:
3 years ago
I think that's about it. not a lot. which makes sense cause I think they (wizards or hasbro) want to focus on double masters.
He did say one interesting thing you didn't mention: There is a cycle of six (yes you heard that right, six) dual lands that he made a long time ago that are finally seeing print.

Now the last time we got an uneven cycle of duals that wasn't finished in the next couple of sets it was way back in Lorwyn with the tribal duals. So it is going to be interesting to see what comes.

As for Omnath, I home they have a good explanation of why the fourth color was added.

Edit: Oh, and one thing of note, I am cautiously optimistic about the "Set Boosters", they sound really friggin' interesting to be honest.

Also another thing of note that was mentioned in the accompanying article, Mythics are going to become slightly more common. They're changing their drop rate from 1/8 to 1/7.4. It's not much of a difference, but it will be noticable. It's a change from 12.5% to somewhere around 13.5% of boosters (I am not that good at math so I don't know the exact number).
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

CommanderMaster999

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
As for Omnath, I home they have a good explanation of why the fourth color was added.
You do realize everyone was speculation what color omnath will get next

And for your explanation anyway I have a theory and it's very very simple

Long story short omnath In my opinion is part of a 4-color legendary creature cycle Aka commander 2016 legends will not be the only 4-color legend choices now

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
You do realize everyone was speculation what color omnath will get next

And for your explanation anyway I have a theory and it's very very simple

Long story short omnath In my opinion is part of a 4-color legendary creature cycle Aka commander 2016 legends will not be the only 4-color legend choices now
That was not what I meant by an explanation, that is the mechanical one, I am talking about storywise.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit

Post by vandertroll » 3 years ago

Set boosters actually sound great. I always end up with lots of draft chaff when i open packs for fun. On the other hand it's WotC that has to execute this project so....
Ertai, Wizard Adept counts as a Wizard.

The N82O Molecule

thanks @Krishnath

6 lands, what you think, tap it for a colored or a colorless? I guess there will be no colorless, but how do imply a 6th option. the gates may be a good place to start

there should probably be another thread about the new booster but I too am intrigued. even though they are charging more for less. which its official you gotta be crazy to try and stay in this game. think about it, they design the sets to be drafted. so even in a different pack your going to open a rare that's designed for draft/limited. look, if you want me to **** in a box and mark it gauranteed I can I got spare time

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

The N82O Molecule wrote:
3 years ago
6 lands, what you think, tap it for a colored or a colorless? I guess there will be no colorless, but how do imply a 6th option. the gates may be a good place to start
Honestly, I think we are getting either something akin to the tribal duals from Lorwyn, or a mix of allied and enemy duals. In the latter case, we are likely going to see the rest in a later set.

Alternately, and this is way, way, way out there, they're finally adding the sixth color and printing Barry's Land in black border (No they're not, it's a joke).

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

6 dual lands seems a bit weird, because if they were doing either allied or enemy we'd only be getting 5. I don't know if we'd be getting some kind of lands that produce some number of colours and colourless either as I'm pretty sure I read somewhere we're not getting Eldrazi either (can't confirm source so don't quote me on it).

what unfinished cycles of dual lands are there?

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

motleyslayer wrote:
3 years ago
6 dual lands seems a bit weird, because if they were doing either allied or enemy we'd only be getting 5. I don't know if we'd be getting some kind of lands that produce some number of colours and colourless either as I'm pretty sure I read somewhere we're not getting Eldrazi either (can't confirm source so don't quote me on it).

what unfinished cycles of dual lands are there?
Four of the dual "previews" from Future Sight are unfinished, one could argue that the Tribal lands cycle is unfinished as well because there isn't one for every tribe, ever (nor should there be).

As for the Eldrazi, Maro confirmed there are none in Zen3 during the "panel". Also the Q&A at the end was hilarious.

CommanderMaster999

I got an idea

Seaside Haven
Contested Cliffs
Starlit Sanctum
Grove of the Guardian

The onslaught land cycle which taps for c and have a activated ability the other 6 perhaps? That's 2 colored

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

3 years ago
I got an idea

Seaside Haven
Contested Cliffs
Starlit Sanctum
Grove of the Guardian

The onslaught land cycle which taps for c and have a activated ability the other 6 perhaps? That's 2 colored
Those aren't dual lands though.

The N82O Molecule

im not gonna sit here and tell you that I wouldn't love the cycle of River of Tears but these better be brand new never seen rather interesting new subtly powerful lands worth going for. . .heck I remember back in the day that was the only way to generate sales. set didn't have good duels it didn't sell well. that's why original zendikar did so well (im spectulating) I digress

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

The N82O Molecule wrote:
3 years ago
im not gonna sit here and tell you that I wouldn't love the cycle of River of Tears but these better be brand new never seen rather interesting new subtly powerful lands worth going for. . .heck I remember back in the day that was the only way to generate sales. set didn't have good duels it didn't sell well. that's why original zendikar did so well (im spectulating) I digress
Nah, OG Zendikar sold really well because it had a lot of fun mechanics, a twist on an already popular mechanic, support for two loved but until then very neglected tribes (Merfolk and Vampires respectively), a lot of fun nonbasic lands, a great limited experience, and cards that made us go "Wait, they printed that?!". Oh, and of course, fetches.

The N82O Molecule

isn't the only vampire card to be anything from vendikar Vampire Hexmage? haha (poor Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief )

this is only getting one set right? no followup or anything? I don't think I like the just single visit, all of a sudden I support a large small paradigm for sets like this, like Ikoria, we were there for to short of time.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

The N82O Molecule wrote:
3 years ago
isn't the only vampire card to be anything from vendikar Vampire Hexmage? haha (poor Drana, Kalastria Bloodchief )

this is only getting one set right? no followup or anything? I don't think I like the just single visit, all of a sudden I support a large small paradigm for sets like this, like Ikoria, we were there for to short of time.
Well, we don't actually know what standard legal set is after Zendikar. We are unlikely to learn it until the set is released, so it could technically be a second set on the plane. Zendikar is rivaling both Ravnica and Innistrad in popularity after all.

CommanderMaster999

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
The N82O Molecule wrote:
3 years ago

Well, we don't actually know what standard legal set is after Zendikar. We are unlikely to learn it until the set is released, so it could technically be a second set on the plane. Zendikar is rivaling both Ravnica and Innistrad in popularity after all.
They revealed the next sets after the throne of eldraine trailer so probably around the same time for the next sets

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

3 years ago
They revealed the next sets after the throne of eldraine trailer so probably around the same time for the next sets
That does seem quite likely and reasonable.

NZB2323

Post by NZB2323 » 3 years ago

I'd be willing to bet there'll be an Explore reprint.
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

NZB2323 wrote:
3 years ago
I'd rather have an Exploration reprint, or Oracle of Mul Daya. But both are very unlikely.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

NZB2323 wrote:
3 years ago
I just remembered the meme surrounding this card. :laugh:
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

CommanderMaster999

https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/a ... 2020-08-27

well my opinion even though omnath and the possible class tribes thing (and maybe one of the 2 precon decks) pretty much support this

im fairly certain we will see a repeat preformance of what M20 did with elemental tribal based on 5 elementals in each color up front there

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Speculation”