Possible new Kamigawa set in the pipeline?

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

Sporegorger_Dragon wrote:
2 years ago
BeneTleilax wrote:
2 years ago
They gotta bring back Soulshift
Ironically, imagine if it was Soulshift that impacted Kamigawa negatively.

I used to believe the reason why everything was so underpowered was because they overestimated the recursive power of soulshift.

These days, I'm not so sure.
Fortunately it wasn't soulshift. We know what it was, WotC told us a few years later: It was entirely because of how overpowered Mirrodin was, so they power corrected way to far in the other direction. Which just meant that people rejected the set because of power levels.
I still hold the opinion that if most of the spells cost 1 generic less to cast, there hadn't been an oversaturation of legendary permanents, the blatantly obviously bad mechanics had been dropped in favor of something that didn't suck (epic and sweep, because whoever thought those were a good idea should really reevaluate their career), and there had been more tribal support and a few creatures not part of the tribes, the block would have been a lot better and more effectively helped swing the pendulum back from the overpowered Mirrodin block.
Instead we got a block with great flavor but terrible execution.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 2 years ago

even though known now

after all these years we finally won.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Post by Krishnath » 2 years ago

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
2 years ago
after all these years we finally won.
It's all thanks to peoples interactions with MaRo on his blog, it helped him convince the powers that be that returning to Kamigawa would be a good idea. He's also lead on the set.

Now the next goal is a return to Lorwyn/Shadowmoor. :)
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 2 years ago

Oh my...! I had not yet seen that Leon Tukker art anywhere. That's amazing. Is that the Center Tree or one of its buddies? Really neat. I don't think I've ever seen quiet an aesthetic like this.

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

I'm really looking forward to the art direction they use in this set. Normally I don't care too much about art but this could be a cool theme

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Speculation”