Cyclopean Mummy's image is foreign language

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

Cyclopean Mummy's default image is as follows:

I assume we wound up with this image because MTGNexus pulled the image of the most recent paper printing from Scryfall. MTGNexus should take care to specify lang:en as it does this because for some old cards the most recent paper printing is in a foreign language set. (See also Salvat.)

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

It's actually because our autocard pulls the most recent paper printing from our database if we haven't specified an override. While we stick to english versions of cards for all sets possible, there are some sets that weren't printed in english. We don't exclude those sets from our database, so as to be complete, but it does occasionally cause an issue with the autocard.

IE: That's the Renaissance Version. The actual Legends Version is normal. I've added an override so that it skips that version and will always default to the fourth edition if unspecified. (The current redirect is cached on your machine most likely, so you'll have to CTRL+F5 to see it fix itself).

But what I plan on doing is actually just readjusting the entire back end of how autocard selects what to pull if no set/version is specified, so we can avoid these bad choices altogether, rather than trying to fix each instance.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

I've modified how the autocard works, so that it's easier to just turn off entire sets, and we can simply say "not this version" on any random card.

Please @ me (anyone) if you see anything autocarding that needs to have a "not this one" flag on it.
:)
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”