Feature request: Mute threads

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 4 years ago

I request the ability to mute threads.

A muted thread would never cause a forum to display the "new posts" status to me. Or put differently, a forum would only show "new" if there are posts in un-muted threads. By "new" I mean this: Image

If you've used Discord, this would be basically like how you can mute channels or servers in that.

This would fix a chronic problem I run into on forums all the time: there are highly active threads I have no interest in reading or participating in. Forum games I wouldn't enjoy, or long-ranging discussions or arguments I don't care much about and don't want to have my attention drawn to, are prime examples. Nevertheless, because they're highly active, they keep updating a forum, making me hopeful for new posts I might be interested in, only to find out it's just those.

Muted threads should probably also appear faded out in the thread view (e.g. 50% opacity) to better draw my attention to threads I may actually be interested in. They should still be visible so that I can still check on them and un-mute them should I want to do that.

I should be able to un-mute a thread. Posting in a thread should not automatically un-mute it, it only un-mutes when I deliberately choose to un-mute it.

Muting forums may also be valuable: e.g. imagine if someone's interested in Standard but not Arena Best-Of-One, or interested in Custom Cards but not Custom Sets.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

Solid request.
There doesn't seem to be an updated extension already made, so this is something I'll add to the developer list of features to add.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”