Couple more minor things

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

Long time no thread. All this stuff is low impact and not super necessary, so don't worry about it. My gut tells me all this should quite simple to do, thankfully:
  • A reintroduction of the "threads you posted in" list. I figured out how to construct it using the built in search tools, so it's not a big deal, but having it as a one-click button in the Discuss dropdown would be nice. I always had the MTGS equivalent of this opened up, one refresh away from checking on discussions I was active in.
  • A couple more tags in the tagging menu. Some stuff that comes to mind: combo, spellslinger, etb, pillow fort, jank, focused, optimised... some sort of wording on draw-happy that currently eludes me maybe?
  • aggro-control claims it's an invalid tag when attempting to apply it for some reason.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

"Involved Topics" added, which lists "topics you've posted in"
(Also, is there a better name than "Involved Topics" that isn't too long?)

Combo, Spellslinger, Pillow-Fort, Jank, Focused, Optimized, and Draw-Go added.
Is "ETB" the go-to term, or is there a better one? (If it is, it is. I just feel like there should be a cooler term?)

Aggro-Control fixed.
I had the max length set too low, sorry.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

Thanks, can confirm the thing's there.

I guess a good umbrella term for ETB'y stuff could be "value"? ETB itself is also pretty entrenched in vocabulary.

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 4 years ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
"Involved Topics" added, which lists "topics you've posted in"
(Also, is there a better name than "Involved Topics" that isn't too long?)
Best I could think of was swapping "involved" for "engaged", but I wouldn't really consider that an upgrade so much as a lateral move.

Mostly just commenting to say I'm happy this is back. I used that feature a ton on Salvation to keep track of hot topics I didn't want to subscribe to, and then it was broken (at least for me) for like the last several years.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

The MTGS link got augmented with an extra unnecessary slash at some point. You took it out and the thing came back. They never fixed it. But yeah, we're here now, no extra unnecessary slashes ;)

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

tstorm823
Knowledge Pool
Answers: 2

Post by tstorm823 » 4 years ago

Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago
The MTGS link got augmented with an extra unnecessary slash at some point. You took it out and the thing came back. They never fixed it. But yeah, we're here now, no extra unnecessary slashes ;)
Holy Crap, just tried it and you're right. Like... Wow.

And you're right. Now we are here, where if a link is off by a single character we can tell someone and have it fixed. Which is just great.
Zedruu: "This deck is not only able to go crazy - it also needs to do so."

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago
In my defense, I reported that bug multiple times. I've also let the new Magic Find owners know of that specific bug, exactly what's wrong, how to fix it, etc, so that hopefully they'll fix it.

(Sidenote I'm also still helping run MTGS to ensure the transition to new ownership goes well. I want Magic Find to have every opportunity to fix and improve MTGS so that it can flourish. If it fails, I don't want it to be just because a chunk of the staff left.)
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank

I guess we'll see if they bother as a diagnostic test for the owner rotation. I've gotten accustomed to how my primers look on here, appreciate the wicked fast turnaround times on everything, and see a number of familiar faces, so I think I'm here to stay though ;)

Also, still awaiting that "value" tag. My Feather wants it ;)

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Rumpy5897 wrote:
4 years ago
Also, still awaiting that "value" tag. My Feather wants it ;)
Whoops >_<
Added!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”