Header and title font looks somewhat dated

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

It might just be me so obviously get a read on what other people think but I find the font used in most of the non body areas to look a little dated (Russo One). It is very readable which I like but it looks kinda like robotty somehow.

The "Exo" font in the "notifications" / "quick links" "FAQ" at the top is quite a bit more attractive imho and seems to be weighty enough.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

I like Russo, but I'm open to ideas and opinions.
If you had to pick a few to choose from for headers/titles, what would you choose?
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

pokken

I am not a huge font person, I just know what I dislike :P I've got a few friends who know that stuff and will see if I have any concrete suggestions.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

I do want titles/headers to have a different font to be more distinct.
I love Exo, so you'll have a hard time talking me away from that one.
But I'm definitely open to replacing Russo if something fits better.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

pokken

The reading text is great, and it is normal I know to have a different type of font for headers (something about serif vs sans serif being more distinctive and one being more readable??).

I think what might be throwing me off is that there's sans-serif for both title and body. Which I guess is pretty common in websites these ways.

You might try using a slab serif heading font like Rockwell or Clarendon something?

Or you could try lowering the weight and/or making it less condensed. That is what my buddy the typography nerd suggested.

Cantripmancer

Post by Cantripmancer » 4 years ago

FTR, I am not a big fan of the fonts being used (Russo and Exo). But that's a preference thing, and it's not the most important element, by far.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
I like Russo, but I'm open to ideas and opinions.
If you had to pick a few to choose from for headers/titles, what would you choose?
The fonts look just fine to me. Actually one of the reasons I'm more comfortable posting here, is because the size and shape of the fonts are easier on the eyes to read. That's just personal opinion though..
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

digitalfire
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by digitalfire » 4 years ago

I want to also add my feedback since you're getting mixed reviews. I strongly dislike Exo as the body font. If not for the community here, the font would actually be enough to make me not use this site.
Commander Decks
Sol Thief | Animar | Monogold

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

I'll look into a way of giving users the option of going to a normal default font.
(No promises, but I should be able to find a way!)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”