Recent performance

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 3 years ago

I'm not sure if it's just me but I have noticed page loads being much, much less snappy than normal. I don't have any quantifiable records but wondered if anyone else is noticing?

I'd estimate that page loads are about 200% longer minimum lately, starting maybe a week ago?

pokken

From looking at page load times it looks like viewforum.php is the bottleneck, taking up an average of ~1s or so. That's not unbearable or anything but it feels much worse than prior.

Wonder if there might be some performance tuning at the db layer since it seems like that's where most of the time comes from.

Some of the file.php calls are not amazingly performant either--some 150-200ms calls to download avatars--but at first glance it doesn't look like those are blocking pageload

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

pokken wrote:
3 years ago
viewforum.php is the bottleneck
Hmmm. That's gotta be cloudflare, since I turned it on right at a week ago.
Interestingly, I'm doing a performance tune-up, and everything outside of the forums has been measuring strictly better.

I've adjusted cloudflare; let me know if that seems better?
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

pokken

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
3 years ago
pokken wrote:
3 years ago
viewforum.php is the bottleneck
Hmmm. That's gotta be cloudflare, since I turned it on right at a week ago.
Interestingly, I'm doing a performance tune-up, and everything outside of the forums has been measuring strictly better.

I've adjusted cloudflare; let me know if that seems better?

First glance it looks better, most forum page loads 350ms or so (which is right in the sweetspot for not impacting human brains lol).

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”