I still don't get how to use anchor tags, since day one.

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison
Pronoun: he / him

Post by 3drinks » 3 years ago

So remember when I rolled the primer over to this site? Well I finally got back around to fixing the table of contents, but there's no descriptour of how to apply those tags in the help link beside the advanced post creatour. When I copy the anchor tags and apply them, it lights up the targeted area like a link, but I don't get a cursour that can click on and interact with the link. It's left me frustrated and I just can't figure it out. Can we do like a wikihow explanation with each of these tags? It looks like you'd just plug it in but it's really...not intuitive at all.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

WizardMN
Answers: 125

Post by WizardMN » 3 years ago

It looks like the issue is that the old tag was "alink" while the new one is "anchor" (if I am reading your Kaalia thread right). So a straight port isn't possible.

If we take your Kaalia thread, it looks like one entry in the ToC is: "Effective Strategies". Which then should link down below. So, the appropriate BBCode would be:

[anchor goto=EffectiveStrategies]EffectiveStrategies[/anchor]
[anchor id=EffectiveStrategies][size=1].[/size][/anchor]
[align=center][b][u][size=150]~~Effective Strategies for Kaalia of the Vast~~[/size][/u][/b][/align]

Which would get you this (line breaks added to make the "anchor" more obvious):
EffectiveStrategies

~~Effective Strategies for Kaalia of the Vast~~

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

@WizardMN got it exactly right.

Anchor tags can have a "GoTo" or an "ID"

The "GoTo=X" says: Make this a link that pushes you to the anchor tag with the corresponding ID of X.

The "ID=X" says: This is a landing spot for "X" so when someone clicks anchor with GoTo=X, go here.

You can add both to an anchor, which would make it both a link to X and a landing spot for Y.

ALINK was used on Sally because the software there didn't allow me to create something like this, where you could do either/or/both.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

3drinks
Kaalia's Personal Liaison

Post by 3drinks » 3 years ago

Thank you so much guys, this really helped to see things more clearly! Now once I finish the table of contents links, I can look into putting it in a proper box.

Modern
R{R/W} 87guide Burn
Commander
WRKellan, the Fae-Blooded // Birthright Boon (local secret santa gift)
RTorbran, Thane of Red Fell (Red Deck Wins)
WBRAlesha, Who Smiles at Death (Slivers)
WBRKaalia HQ

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”