Can't attach files to posts in Firefox

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer
Answers: 10
Pronoun: she / her

Post by spacemonaut » 3 years ago

I cannot attach files to posts when using Firefox. Attaching works fine in Chrome.

There are no console errors and there is no network activity. Simply nothing happens if I try to attach a file.

When I hit "Add files" my file explorer opens and I can pick a file to upload, but once I pick the file, nothing happens on the page at all to acknowledge the upload. When I drag a file over this text box it does get the dotted outline, but once I drop the file simply nothing at all happens.

This was occurring last month as well, but I forgot to report it at the time.

Attaching files was working fine in Firefox on February 17, I used that feature in a post here: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=23622&p=63524

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 3 years ago

Usually a "nothing seems to happen" upload is because the file size is too big. Our current limit is 256kb. Could you make sure the file isn't over this size?
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

I ran into this issue trying to upload a PNG card mockup, which on imgur is 147kb. Perhaps it applied some compression though and the image was originally over 256kb - I can check and find out next week and confirm. : )

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Please do. I've tested and everything appears working, but some bugs are setup specific :/
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

@Feyd_Ruin Looks like the file I was trying to add was 480kb. Everything's OK, just some missing UI feedback.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Awesome thank you.
I'll see if it's something I can easily push into PHPBB. I definitely agree it should at least tell you what happened.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Alerts up and going. :)
image.png

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Hooray!

Any chance the 256kb limit could be mentioned somewhere?

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Added and extended.
image.png
Eventually I'll make it prettier too, but I'm tied up with other things I need to finish before I go down that rabbit hole lol

:)

spacemonaut
Bauble reclaimer

Thank you, that's brilliant!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”