Can't connect to the website

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit
Pronoun: he / him

Post by vandertroll » 4 years ago

So, I live in Greece and since 3 days ago I can't get to enter the site from my home network either in desktop or from mobile. Tried from both Chrome and Firefox and I get a connection refused message. My addons are HTTPSeverywhere, WOT, and Ublock origin.
I used VPN (US adress) and it's working okay, hence I am writing this post :) any suggestions?

I tried turning it off and on again :)
Ertai, Wizard Adept counts as a Wizard.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

I'm looking into this, but not having a lot of luck.
I've checked using several different tools, focusing on testing from Western Europe (and making sure to select Greece when possible), and everything appears to check out perfectly fine. What exactly is it saying with connection refused?

The first thing I'd recommend is making sure something didn't go wrong on the DNS.
Assuming you're on a windows desktop: Start → Run → ipconfig -flushdns
Hopefully this will fix it, but if not, let me know and I'll keep digging.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

vandertroll
The Pontiac Bandit

Post by vandertroll » 4 years ago

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
I'm looking into this, but not having a lot of luck.
I've checked using several different tools, focusing on testing from Western Europe (and making sure to select Greece when possible), and everything appears to check out perfectly fine. What exactly is it saying with connection refused?

The first thing I'd recommend is making sure something didn't go wrong on the DNS.
Assuming you're on a windows desktop: Start → Run → ipconfig -flushdns
Hopefully this will fix it, but if not, let me know and I'll keep digging.
Fortunately I did the flushdns command after posting here (dunno why I didn't think of it earlier) and it's working now. I hope I didn't waste much of your time!
Ertai, Wizard Adept counts as a Wizard.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

Not a bother at all. Actually very helpful.
Confirms my suspicion that we're having some kind of dns changes occur sporadically that I need to dig into. (Currently thinking our host is changing our ip for some reason) So thank you actually, it helps me narrow things down :)
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”