Card name completion

lyonhaert
Answers: 4
Pronoun: they / them

Post by lyonhaert » 4 years ago

Can we have that in private messages, too?
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

Give me a little bit, I'll see if I can add a reference for it into the PM toolbar too.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Wasn't as easy as I hoped, but I got it. :)
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

lyonhaert

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
Wasn't as easy as I hoped, but I got it. :)
I also have some requests as far as the life tracker app. I was looking into it for trying to solve a bit of it with a tampermonkey script, but on the stream view it keeps overwriting entire divs within each .lifeapp-stream-player_wrap-info which makes that harder to customize.

I can change the background color of the stream view (for color/chroma keying) just fine with the script (or manually), but having an outline stroke on the svg texts of life, player name, and possibly on the little badges would help with the keying. (Some streamers like to take art of the commander(s) and overlay player info on top of that.) It might also be handy to have the small player+deck names in a simpler font. ;)

I'm not in any rush, though. It's going to be a while until I try to stream with this and have other things to set up before then. And there are workarounds available for making sure the life/names text in the stream view has contrast with the rest of the background keyed out.

I always feel like there's something else I wanted to ask that I'm forgetting.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Using $.replace() to overwrite the elements was ultimately necessary to ensure that no matter what happens, the screen ends up being up to date. If you ever get bad/malformed data, it'll disappear on the next ping. It also ensures, absolutely, that the proper styling and appearance happens when counters/etc need to appear/disappear. (Stream view only shows a type of counter if it's non-zero, etc)

That does cause an issue if you want to customize the styling, but you can just do it differently to accomplish the goal. If you want to change the styling in tampermonkey, rather than trying to $().css() or something to change the element, you'll want to add a new global rule. That way it applies to all matching elements, even after they get overwritten.

For example, adding a 1px red stroke to all of the svg text elements in stream view:

Code: Select all

window.document.styleSheets[0].addRule(".lifeapp-stream-player_wrap text", "stroke: red" )
window.document.styleSheets[0].addRule(".lifeapp-stream-player_wrap text", "stroke-width: 1px" )                       
You could add text-shadow to it instead if you want to make sure the "stroke" doesn't "thin out" the text elements, etc. You could even create an entire stylesheet, then use the JS to append a <style> element to the head to overwrite whatever you want, etc.

If there's some specific things you want added/etc, let me know. I could at a minimum add elements or js calls that could trigger your own code to modify them.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
changing colors and strokes
It occurred to me that if beta tester #5 is immediately thinking about changing the colors to suite their needs, so will many other users.

Thus, I added a new thing:
image.png
(With an absolutely horrid color example :rofl:)

Play around with it sometime, let me know if it offers the basics of what you need.
After we've finished the "this is what it needs" I'll add a way to save/load setups.

lyonhaert

Might take me a few days, but I'll let you know. I may also have to pick a streamer or two's brain who is more versed in OBS and see what they think, too.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

lyonhaert

@Feyd_Ruin Don't have much feedback about the visual settings yet except that positive stroke width on the name is pretty bad and -1 does very little because it's drawn outside of the actual font and then gets clipped by the font itself so it's really just showing what's bleeding through from the anti-aliasing. With the current font and size, I managed to get something decent-ish with the following, but I could go another route for contrast on the name rather than outline, such as compositing a background underneath that layer within OBS or whatever (after the Nexus Tracker layer's color-key filter).

window.document.styleSheets[0].addRule(".lifeapp-stream-player_name text", "text-shadow: 0 2px 0 #000, 0 -1px 0 #000, 2px 0 0 #000, -1px 0 0 #000, 1px 2px 0 #000, -1px -1px 0 #000, 1px -1px 0 #000, -1px 2px 0 #000;")

Having other choice of font and/or size of the name would be cool. For reasons, I prefer standard sans-serifs that are designed for ease of on-screen reading. Couldn't manage to set font or font-family with rules like above.

Other things, though;
  • Sometimes a player has trouble with having it open or keeping it connected, but even the room owner couldn't correct their life total or whatever.
  • An optional turn indicator might be useful when we're trying to remember, but this is mainly based around a convention we've chosen in a few recent games on discord where -- because the discord video layout is different for everybody -- we were using the layout on the Nexus Tracker because it was consistent for everybody.
I also get a notification about somebody mentioning me from a thread I didn't have access to (probably in Testing).
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

lyonhaert

I also forgot to ask if it will ever allow guests into the tracker as a player, without a Nexus login.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

I've redone each of the three text elements. I've actually layered each so that there's a no-stroke text on top of stroked text. That way the stroke is an "outer stroke" only, as well as changed the size and stroke size method so that each stroke step is smaller.

If someone wants to add some fairly complex stuff, thats fine, but I don't want you or anyone else to have to result to tampermonkey for basic color/stroke changes.

I'll look at adding a font face option as well.
To ensure they're universal, they'll have to be the generic options though (Serif, Sans Serif, Monospace, etc)
lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
I also forgot to ask if it will ever allow guests into the tracker as a player, without a Nexus login.
The problem is that I have everything attached to a user's account. This is what lets someone accidentally leave and come back, switch devices, etc, and continue on in the game as if nothing happened. IP Addresses can change, cookies wouldn't let you switch devices, etc. Only when its tied to an account can you have good access to leave/join freely. It also adds a layer of security and accountability. If someone somehow guesses your room password or otherwise finds a way to mess with you, there's an account tied to it and it's easily traceable.

One of the other things that's been recently requested is to be able to change the order of the players (so it can mimic turn order), and possibly add a "my turn" button.
lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
Sometimes a player has trouble with having it open or keeping it connected, but even the room owner couldn't correct their life total or whatever.
Can you go into this more? What was the trouble with keeping it open/connected (as this would be a huge thing in its use)

lyonhaert

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
I've redone each of the three text elements. I've actually layered each so that there's a no-stroke text on top of stroked text. That way the stroke is an "outer stroke" only, as well as changed the size and stroke size method so that each stroke step is smaller.

If someone wants to add some fairly complex stuff, thats fine, but I don't want you or anyone else to have to result to tampermonkey for basic color/stroke changes.

I'll look at adding a font face option as well.
To ensure they're universal, they'll have to be the generic options though (Serif, Sans Serif, Monospace, etc)
Cool. I'll play around this weekend hopefully. I just know for my eyes they'd do better with a larger sans serif like Exo.
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
The problem is that I have everything attached to a user's account. This is what lets someone accidentally leave and come back, switch devices, etc, and continue on in the game as if nothing happened. IP Addresses can change, cookies wouldn't let you switch devices, etc. Only when its tied to an account can you have good access to leave/join freely. It also adds a layer of security and accountability. If someone somehow guesses your room password or otherwise finds a way to mess with you, there's an account tied to it and it's easily traceable.
Sounds good. :thumbsup:
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
One of the other things that's been recently requested is to be able to change the order of the players (so it can mimic turn order), and possibly add a "my turn" button.
That'd be good. Since discord shows a different order but Nexus is consistent, we've mostly just rolled for who's first and then used Nexus for turn order, but some folks use rolls from everybody to determine order (lowest last). So that could be useful for some.
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
Sometimes a player has trouble with having it open or keeping it connected, but even the room owner couldn't correct their life total or whatever.
Can you go into this more? What was the trouble with keeping it open/connected (as this would be a huge thing in its use)
I can't remember specifics of the connection issue, but there was somebody whose computer was having trouble running camera, discord, browser, etc. So one of the things they elected to close for the sake of the camera was the browser including Nexus tracker. They were still "in there" but when somebody else would change their life total it would just bounce back. So I don't know how useful that would be overall, but it was nice they were still their for turn order. Very corner case if there are technical issues. It just became a bit confusing and we had to keep asking their life total because they didn't set out dice or whatever on cam. :P le sigh

In retrospect we should have kicked from the room or had them set themselves to dead or something before leaving. Anyway, just weird corner case stuff.
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
Cool. I'll play around this weekend hopefully. I just know for my eyes they'd do better with a larger sans serif like Exo.
Font changing added.
Exo, Russo, and 16 of the safest "Web Safe" fonts, with fallbacks.

Changing turn order, etc, will be something I'll work on this weekend. It'll require database, backend, and front end changes, etc.
Probably also go ahead and add the save/load for stream settings.
lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
That'd be good. Since discord shows a different order but Nexus is consistent, we've mostly just rolled for who's first and then used Nexus for turn order, but some folks use rolls from everybody to determine order (lowest last). So that could be useful for some.
Turn order is definite, but I'm still debating a "It's my turn".
Do you think a highlight for the turn would be useful enough everyone would go to their browser/etc and change their turn to keep up with it during the game?
lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
I can't remember specifics of the connection issue, but there was somebody whose computer was having trouble running camera, discord, browser, etc.
Ahh.
Honestly, I would recommend they use a second device, like their phone, to keep up with their life. It's what several on our stream games have come to do. It prevents you from having to swap screens, removes load to the computer (that really wants to spend its time on the upstream), and it generally just simpler. I've added NoSleep, so once you full screen the app your phone shouldn't go to sleep/shut off.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

I added a textbox for you to add straight CSS to the page.
That way you don't have to rely on greasemonkey/tampermonkey.

Save/Load for color/style is up.
The one unfortunate part is that you have to log in to save/load, which means you'll have to login inside OBS.
IPs change, not sure how OBS saves cookies, so user accounts was the only real way.

BUT once you log in, set up how the colors/stroke/etc is, add any additional CSS rules in the textarea and save.. you should be good to go from there on out.

:)

lyonhaert

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
Turn order is definite, but I'm still debating a "It's my turn".
Do you think a highlight for the turn would be useful enough everyone would go to their browser/etc and change their turn to keep up with it during the game?
They have to go to it for changing everything else, and life changes often enough from shocks and fetches it could become a decent habit. Even just an icon or corner marker could work, too, and then a button for passing turn if turn order is a set thing already.
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
I can't remember specifics of the connection issue, but there was somebody whose computer was having trouble running camera, discord, browser, etc.
Ahh.
Honestly, I would recommend they use a second device, like their phone, to keep up with their life. It's what several on our stream games have come to do. It prevents you from having to swap screens, removes load to the computer (that really wants to spend its time on the upstream), and it generally just simpler. I've added NoSleep, so once you full screen the app your phone shouldn't go to sleep/shut off.
Some might be able to do that. Some have been using their phone as the camera, too, so we'll see. Some corner cases will probably stay corner cases.
Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
I added a textbox for you to add straight CSS to the page.
That way you don't have to rely on greasemonkey/tampermonkey.

Save/Load for color/style is up.
The one unfortunate part is that you have to log in to save/load, which means you'll have to login inside OBS.
IPs change, not sure how OBS saves cookies, so user accounts was the only real way.

BUT once you log in, set up how the colors/stroke/etc is, add any additional CSS rules in the textarea and save.. you should be good to go from there on out.

:)
The browser source in OBS is a pain to interact with, but I noticed I can join as spectator from another tab while logged in (rather than incognito window) so that should solve the save/load of settings. OBS can do window capture, which doesn't care if the window has other stuff in front of it. I should be able to fullscreen the stream view for the spectator tab to have some extra pixels to work with and have it behind OBS or whatever else. I just need to get to the point of setup where I can control most of what I need to in OBS via kb shortcuts instead of having it up on the screen at all (among other things on my list). But I have two monitors and a decent machine.

For the load/save of stream view settings, the only one not immediately taking effect on load was the background color.

Also it seemed that spectators can click on commander damage and change the value, though it changes back automatically just fine.

Awesome work. :black_heart:
Chainer bbb
"Image"
(rebuild after Geth)
Other
r Lathliss
bw Breena
To-Build Pool
rb Obosh Burn
gw Dromoka

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
For the load/save of stream view settings, the only one not immediately taking effect on load was the background color.
Fixed. I made a typo. :crazy:
lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
Also it seemed that spectators can click on commander damage and change the value, though it changes back automatically just fine.
I should change it so that you can't change anything but your own values in a net game, as it seems to be confusing to people.
lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
Awesome work. :black_heart:
Only because of your awesome feedback. :black_heart:

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

Reordering of players is now live.
The room creator can reorder players inside Room Controls.
Note, like changing players, names, decks, etc, it can take up to 30 seconds for any particular player to refresh their screen

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire

lyonhaert wrote:
4 years ago
An optional turn indicator might be useful
Turn indicator is now live.

Anyone can give/take the turn indicator at will, letting you pass the turn to the next person, or say "whoops we forgot" and steal the marker, etc.
Just click the round icon on the top left of yours/someone's block to take/give the turn indicator.

No one starts off green, so if you don't want to keep track of it, everyone will just have an off indicator (and no indicators will show on the stream)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”