Deck and cardbox don't render properly in preview

ZenN
Pronoun: he / him

Post by ZenN » 4 years ago

Attempting to preview a post containing either a deck block or a cardbox block fails to render properly. Instead of an actual deck or cardbox in the preview, you just get a plain text, single column list of cards.
Commander
Golos, ETB Pilgrim - Value Town
Maelstrom Wanderer a.k.a. The Kool-Aid Man
Korvold, Fae-Cursed King - OM NOM NOM
Kykar, Wind's Fury - Spellslinger + Tokens

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

Yeah, it doesn't show up correctly in Preview.
The preview handler doesn't use the same display rendering process as the posts.
Adding it to previews is on the list. Last try proved unfruitful, as it was being.. obstinate.. >_<
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

ZenN

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
Last try proved unfruitful, as it was being.. obstinate.. >_<
Ah, fair enough. I've spent enough hours fighting PHPBB to fully get you.

Deck blocks are looking fantastic though, by the way. ;)

Though, semi related to original post, cardbox lists seem to render with weird alignment. Looks kinda like there's too much left padding or somehting.
Commander

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

Carbox is a list (ol/ul).
You can give it the list options (1,2,3.. I, II, III... etc)

If you're wanting just a box with a list of cards and different formatting, it's generally best to just make your own [box] and then fill it in as you would. I've done my best to make things as quick and easy for the newer users or quick posts, and as customizable as you want for the techs and high quality primers, etc. The pickier you are about how it looks, the more control you need, which means you generally want to avoid the easy methods (quick card list in a box = [cardbox]), and instead break things apart and parameterize things individually.

As you seem to be the latter, I would definitely recommend looking at the Advanced Tag Parameter List
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

ZenN

Feyd_Ruin wrote:
4 years ago
As you seem to be the latter, I would definitely recommend looking at the Advanced Tag Parameter List
Oh, I have been. Extensively. :P

For this one, though, looks like I was just being dumb. I had a box wrapping two floats, with the wrapper box centered. Probably just because I was doing things late last night, but didn't catch on that the center tag was also trying to center the lists in the card boxes. Stuck a left just inside the wrapper box and it's all good now.
Commander

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”