Restore Thread

WizardMN
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

Ok, well I am kind of ashamed to admit this, but I was messing around trying to get another thread to match my layout that I am using for my Karador thread and I accidentally pasted my updated thread for Nicol Bolas into my Karador thread instead of the testing thread I had open. As such, I accidentally blew away the main post in my Karador Ghost Chieftain thread (here).

Is it possible you can help me out and restore the previous version to what it was before showing Nicol Bolas? I haven't done anything since realizing I saved over it so hopefully I didn't muck things up too bad.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

WizardMN wrote:
4 years ago
Ok, well I am kind of ashamed to admit this, but I was messing around trying to get another thread to match my layout that I am using for my Karador thread and I accidentally pasted my updated thread for Nicol Bolas into my Karador thread instead of the testing thread I had open. As such, I accidentally blew away the main post in my Karador Ghost Chieftain thread (here).

Is it possible you can help me out and restore the previous version to what it was before showing Nicol Bolas? I haven't done anything since realizing I saved over it so hopefully I didn't muck things up too bad.
Post revision doesn't exist. It's something I do want to add at some point just for this.

Your biggest prayer is if you haven't closed the window/tabs, you can go Back a few times and then CTRL+Z to undo the paste and resave.

Assuming Chrome/FF, CTRL+Shift+T reopens your last closed tab, so even if you closed that tab you might be able to go back?
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

WizardMN
Answers: 125

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

I already found a cached version of the page on Google (and made damn sure I didn't close it once I found it :) ) so I still had that to go back to if needed to at least get the content.

But clicking back in Chrome was able to get me back to the page where I was modifying the BBCode and I got everything I needed. So simple and I completely overlooked it.

Thanks!

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

I only know because I've had to do it so many times myself. :crazy:
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”