Importing decks from Deckbox

pokken
Answers: 2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pokken » 4 years ago

So, I keep my decks and inventory on deckbox, and I've had a recurring annoying thing (same problem with MTGS for that matter) that it's somewhat annoying to get my deck sectioned -- I have to paste it into excel and sort by type and massage it until it looks right. I can do kinda similar by scraping the screen from the deckbox list and pasting it, then deleting all the drek that gets copied in and so on. But either way it's 5+ minutes of fiddling to post a decklist, and then I have to maintain it in a few places and if it gets out of sync, bleh.

Is there possibly something I am missing that would get a raw decklist to auto-sort by type?

If there is not, is there a possibility you guys could write a plugin to let me just do something like:

Code: Select all

[deck type="deckbox" url="https://deckbox.org/sets/2467360"]
[/deck]
Or even just functionality that would sort cards by their primary types (ench creatures are creatures, ench artifacts are artifacts, etc.)?

I don't do that 'separate by my idea of type'e .g. 'answers' 'card draw' 'tutors' etc.

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

Every deck has can be re-sorted. If you hit the gear icon at the top right, there's a "Standardize Sorting" button which will resort it by type, then by cmc ascending, name ascending.
image.png
The sorted deck's list is then copy-paste-able.
This is how I quickly standardize all decklists for articles, etc. I post them as is, sort, then copy-paste back in for a beautiful order and card-count labels. It's not as quick as an import, but definitely better than going with excel, etc.

I will also be adding a deck popup that should have "Import from Arena".
Since Deckbox & Deckstats have "Export for Arena", this should work.
Sorting and labeling by the same Standardize method would be part of the import.

I'm about to finish "CT", and its release will necessitate some rework of the deck tags as I add a few things. Doing the deck popup should follow shortly after.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”