Possible to link to a single post?

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Hi, I was wondering if we have a function here where we could link to a single post of another user? This comes useful when we want to link to what someone posted in another thread.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Rumpy5897
Tuner of Jank
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Rumpy5897 » 4 years ago

I'm pretty sure this is already handled by existing forum infrastructure. There's the quote feature:
Myllior wrote:
4 years ago
Zendikar Resurgent. Don't get me wrong, The Great Henge is amazing, but the raw power of a mana doubler wins games.

vs.
Or maybe what you're looking for is pressing the little page icon in the top left of the post to get a post-specific URL you can use, like so?

EDH Primers (click me!)
Deck is Kill Club
Show
Hide

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
Hi, I was wondering if we have a function here where we could link to a single post of another user? This comes useful when we want to link to what someone posted in another thread.
Quote can work, but sometimes we do just want a link.
The system has the ability to link you to a singular post. I'll add a more visible button when I can that gives you that link on each post.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

[mention]Rumpy5897[/mention]

I see it now. So there's a page icon with that functionality on the top left.... that's what I was looking for. :)

On mtgs, animesuki, and some other forums that I go to, the function is always on the right side.. which is why I could not find it here. Nothing wrong being on the left of course.

edit:

examples of the "linker" function being on the right
SPOILER
Show
Hide
mtgs.jpg
asuki.jpg
Last edited by The Fluff 4 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

[mention]Feyd_Ruin[/mention]

thanks, what we have here is already fine, and I don't want to bother you with extra work on adding a button that makes a link. But if you do have extra time in hand, a button would be nice as well.

Guerte

Post by Guerte » 4 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
4 years ago
Feyd_Ruin

thanks, what we have here is already fine, I mean the icon on the upper left is already ok. Could just get the link from the browser after pressing page icon. Don't want to bother you with extra work on adding a button that makes a link.
You can also right click on the page icon and select "Copy Link Address" instead of having to open it in you browser window.
Current Commanders:
Mono2 Color3+Color
Daretti Primer Omnath Yarok
Gonti Primer Ezuri Aminatou

Feyd_Ruin
Elder Vampire
Answers: 3

Post by Feyd_Ruin » 4 years ago

Aye, but that little icon is fairly tiny and I don't think most would realize it's a link. Most modern browsers allow js data copy these days. It shouldn't be hard to add a more visible button.
To the beaten, the broken, or the damned; the lost, and the wayward: wherever I may be, you will have a home.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

[mention]Guerte[/mention]

oh, I see. That works too. Thanks for pointing it out.

[mention]Feyd_Ruin[/mention]

yeah, I thought it was just like the page icon on animesuki, it cannot be clicked and is there purely for looks.
as page icon.jpg
which is why it never crossed my mind that the tiny page icon here on nexus can be clicked.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Community Software Feedback and Bug Reports”